What's new

Why are military people generally arrogant with common civilians ?

They got superiority complex and from inside their heart they know they can't compete with civilians in life cuz there is more information, freedom, skill, education, money etc. where as these military people are outdated in this age
May be last few decades they had upper hand but now civilians don't grade military officer unless very very high rank
I wish these retire military personnels should be banned from taking positions from civilians

Wow..are you really a Pakistani?

They got superiority complex and from inside their heart they know they can't compete with civilians in life cuz there is more information, freedom, skill, education, money etc. where as these military people are outdated in this age
May be last few decades they had upper hand but now civilians don't grade military officer unless very very high rank
I wish these retire military personnels should be banned from taking positions from civilians

Why?

And you are wrong, soldiers are very highly respected by the nation. There's no shame in being one even during these days. Be it a foot soldier or a 4-star general, they are always saluted by the nation.

Sure, they may not always be needed, but when you do, you really really need them :D

When we speak of "military people", we are actually speaking of a very diverse range of people who have devoted their time to military service and have lived lives very different from ordinary civilians. Some of the higher ranks tend to have a superiority complex even among the military, same with policemen and government officials.
Wherever there are men involved in huge numbers, and there is a hierarchy, there is bound to be some degree of politics. Army people are more hardened than the Navy and Air Force because the Army is trained to engage directly in the most brutal combat situations on ground whereas the Air Force/Navy do not engage on ground.
Senior army men also tend to get arrogant sometimes intoxicated by the powers they wield.

Well disiplined and hard inside. No place for emotional feelings. Their lives are based on the hard trainings they
got and learned to soldiers. Its hard to take this out of their hearts and minds.

Stick on the uniform and the power rushes to their head :agree: same reason why I like woman police officers its the whole uniform thing

are you stupid ? you know nothing abut us

I will post every single instance of when I've wanted to slap the people in the military. This is mostly based on the navy since I did my college from a naval college. Now, today we had our NUST results and my merit number suggests that I will get admission there. So before I do and sign a form saying that I can't betray them, I'll just spill all my complaints since my last contract with Bahria has expired and ceased to hold any value over me
1. Navy people are the most cowardly I have seen nowadays. The Chief of Naval staff visited Karsaz. He didn't let students leave college because, apparently, we might have bombs and guns and will attack him. By the way, we all enter the base through a bomb/gun detector. So yeah, fear is baseless. We were trapped there by them for over an hour. Incompetency at its finest

2. Arrogance- Me and my friend forgot our ID cards. He said his dad was in the navy. Without verifying or anything, they let me go and grilled me for over an hour. Others got away by simply having relations. Not only was this annoying but one also notices the subtle class differences. They are anything but subtle. To be made prefect or head boy, you need to have relations in navy.

3. A fact our Urdu professor told us. Half of Karsaz's active force went to PNS Rahat soon after the Mumbai attacks when there was threat of war and got forms exempting them of service.

That is all! And now I have about a week or two before I sign a document that says that the Uni has the right to expel me if I insult it or the Army/Navy in Public

They sometimes feel under-appreciated, and it is also because of their training, they have been drilled that there is a specific hierarchical structure, and that structure should hold good at all times. And in civilian life, that structure sometimes can get distorted.

But I don't find army men arrogant or ignorant, they are good on the whole, treat people with respect etc etc. Well, until you get to the Maj Gen level!!!

And most army men don't feel superior to others. They just feel the same as a educated MA will feel superior to a peon.

I belong to a military family and i know how tough is their routine. you are a bit prejudice towards them when you are lumping all military peoples into the 'arrogant' category because of your one or two bad experience.

Yet they get the job done. They don't TAKE the positions they come out successful as compared to the MOST of the civilian lot.No offence to civilians i am one too but a fact is a fact.

Let me give you a simple rule to deal with a military officer.You don't screw with them they don't screw with you. Just stay to the point and no "faaltu ki bakwaas"

You have no idea what these men go through.

It is simple, as a soldier (konstable of the danish army) myself i can say it's because when you use most your time training physically and mentally to be able to withstand anything thrown at you, after a while you will view the common man as inferior, lazy, dumb, slow and without a backbone, willing to sacrifice whats necessary to better themselves. maybe not by normal standards but by the standards required of the army, who also view the navy and the air men as men who, although willing to fight and die they wont do it up-close and personal, where the real mental challenge lies also they are not willing to sacrifice their comfortable warm beds or cooked meals in the struggle to be the elite and the best they can be.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom