What's new

Who Was The Best Fighter Pilot Ever ?

I have heard about a PAF pilot(I don't remember hi name) who as instructor of MIRAGE landed it without the landing gear. That too from backseat as the trainee who was in front seat fainted due to immense pressure.

I don't know if it is true.

I have heard about a PAF pilot(I don't remember hi name) who as instructor of MIRAGE landed it without the landing gear. That too from backseat as the trainee who was in front seat fainted due to immense pressure.

I don't know if it is true.

No this incident happend in 9 SQD OCU Shorkot Mirage, The gears were down but the student landed so hard that he blew up the tires. The students name was Shaquat we used to call him Shaquat Chibar because when he was young he got small pox.

sir murad
as a flight instructor can you tell me why my fellow arab pilots suck? ;)
that said i am very impressed and have deep respect for pak pilots, they are amazing. And am especially proud of them shooting the Izzies out of the sky, damn good work!

sir murad
as a flight instructor can you tell me why my fellow arab pilots suck? ;)
that said i am very impressed and have deep respect for pak pilots, they are amazing. And am especially proud of them shooting the Izzies out of the sky, damn good work!
Hi Canaan - A counter question here and no offence:
Has it ever occurred to you why the Arabs with all their wealth and nos and strength could not for a single time overcome the Izzies in all of these 60+ years?

I feel Muradk has quite adequately answered your question in his comments, if you will trek back a little.

Here let me give you a few facts

....snip....
1971 war 14 SQD Decca in 3 days did this.

71war14SQD.jpg
[/IMG]

QUOTE]
:cheers:

Mr. MuradK: you are clearly THE MAN!

Firstly, thank you not only for posting this record but for indulging my probably unhealthy obsession for activity out of Dacca in 1971.

Secondly, with apologies - its seems that there WERE two Shams-ul-haq's in Dacca at the same time - both Flt. Lt.s - only difference is that one had an "odd" spelling of his name and both got kills......:pakistan:. In a previous post from ou that I may have misread, I interpreted your answer (where you mentioned the nickname "Skamish") to mean they were one and the same!!

I am, as you can see focusing on trivia, but wow this has to be some UNEARTHLY conincidence!!!!:hitwall:

Last edited:
well there is no doubt that our pilots are one of the best in the world. i is just some financila problems that they are not able to get there hands on to some of the finest machines around. this problem will be solved to some extent by the new JF and FC20 comming in. in the mean while we have to go along with the old mirages, F7p and some experience on high tech equipment courtesy our friends in Arab nations!!

regards!

Hi Canaan - A counter question here and no offence:
Has it ever occurred to you why the Arabs with all their wealth and nos and strength could not for a single time overcome the Izzies in all of these 60+ years?

I feel Muradk has quite adequately answered your question in his comments, if you will trek back a little.

I'm not offended, I'm a realistic person, and I'm sorry to say that arabs in general do suck.

Arabs today would sell their mother for money.

They don't take responsibilty for their own failures, it's always someone elses fault.

We let everybody play us the way they want, even if it's totally obvious.

We don't plan for the future, because God will somehow sort it out for us. Inshallah! yet we are so far away from him these days. As if swithing off our brains will bring God's will.

We let corrupt dictators installed by the West control us with a fist of iron, like a herd of sheep, and instead of getting rid of these parasites we fight and kill eachother.

I think I pretty much covered our not so nice traits.

But I hope sir Murad will share with us his qualified guess why they were the way they were, and what kind of arab nationality we are talking about? Gulf arabs? Syrians?

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

do you guys think Pak pilots will have some airtime on Saudi Typhoons or UAE Rafales?

I think he is talking about UAE Pilots as he has trained UAEAF Pilots in the past..If i am not wrong he has 2000 hours flying UAEAF Jets alone..and 4000 hours on Pakistani AF Jets!

Last edited:
I'm not offended, I'm a realistic person, and I'm sorry to say that arabs in general do suck.

Arabs today would sell their mother for money.

They don't take responsibilty for their own failures, it's always someone elses fault.

We let everybody play us the way they want, even if it's totally obvious.

We don't plan for the future, because God will somehow sort it out for us. Inshallah! yet we are so far away from him these days. As if swithing off our brains will bring God's will.

We let corrupt dictators installed by the West control us with a fist of iron, like a herd of sheep, and instead of getting rid of these parasites we fight and kill eachother.

I think I pretty much covered our not so nice traits.

But I hope sir Murad will share with us his qualified guess why they were the way they were, and what kind of arab nationality we are talking about? Gulf arabs? Syrians?

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

do you guys think Pak pilots will have some airtime on Saudi Typhoons or UAE Rafales?
Thank you Canaan for being so honest - I wish there were more Arabs like you.

aftert visiting this thread for sometime i am thinking to create another thread "Who was the best Pakistani fighter pilot ever"

I don't know abc of our Armed forces since i don't belong to the military background but love to come here and read the comments made by seniors...... so should i create a new thread or you guyz going to name a few here now?

Canaan I shall tell you the story of my instructor Gp Capt Saiful Azam - who was deputed as flying instructor to Jordan from the PAF.
He is the one who shot down three Israeli Air Force a/c during the 1967 Arab- Israeli War.
But all of it tomorrow.
Take care

Canaan I shall tell you the story of my instructor Gp Capt Saiful Azam - who was deputed as flying instructor to Jordan from the PAF.
He is the one who shot down three Israeli Air Force a/c during the 1967 Arab- Israeli War.
But all of it tomorrow.
Take care

well I can't wait to hear about it .. good night

aftert visiting this thread for sometime i am thinking to create another thread "Who was the best Pakistani fighter pilot ever"

I don't know abc of our Armed forces since i don't belong to the military background but love to come here and read the comments made by seniors...... so should i create a new thread or you guyz going to name a few here now?

this is what we have been discussing dear. do not jump onto last page and analyze the situation, if you can bother to visit the thread from the start you will find the desired information!!

regards!

Why Arabs pilots ________---------.
ok here are the facts I have trained UAE, Iranians, Iraqis, syrians.
Lets start with UAE My students were Sheikh Tamimi and Sheikh Hamdan who was the COAS of UAEAF. I spend a lot of time training them on Mirages and they started showing potential, So this is 8am Tamimi takes of after 20 min no contact where the hell is he now I am having a heart attack Sheikh Zahid nephew is MIA well a badu dropped him in front of the gate, Now I ask him what happend he says I was a 40000ft and the engine stopped I said did try to restart it he said no I just let the Mirage fall and at 7000ft I ejected great, Now 4pm Sheikh Hamdan is in Air bang 1 mayday call and now he is MIA and I say to my self why me GOD because I am responsible for them choppers goes picks him up Sqn Ldr Sahi PAF pilot rescued him, Now I ask him what happed he says I went into a spin and them I ejected because there were to many Red lights now my face is going red and I am about to beat the crap out of him and he say relax Sir muhammad we will get more planes and my reply was HOW he says I will just call my uncle and yes first thing in the morning we were orders to go and pick up 6 more mirages from France.

Now Syrians taught them everything we knew in Air to Air combat when the real war started most of them returned back and 1 of them was so scared that he went full power and going straight for Israel his bearing was so wrong that he forgot to turn back, But it was strange when we took of we got kills. They landed faces all blue I ask why did you turn back he replies I am to young to die plus I saw our army on the ground so I am sure they will take care of it.:hitwall::hitwall:

Iraqis and Iranians man they had issues teach them something 1 hour later the guy does the opposite and is totally blank , Whats wrong I taught you this move oh sorry I forgot:hitwall:. Live fire Demo going on Iraqi pilots has 20 targets in front of him the bugger goes and hits the tower full of personal observing the exercise and why did you do that he says that was the biggest target I saw:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

well I can't wait to hear about it .. good night
Canaan - I did not know that there was an entire thread on this forum, devoted to this Living Legend - Gp Capt SAIF UL AZAM

This is the link: http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-history/17600-bangladeshi-ace-pilots.html

For the moment you can go thru these, but there is more to these stories, that I have heard him relate himself plus my own experiences with him, which I shall be filling you in over the coming days and weeks.
Good wishes to you

Back
Top Bottom