What's new

Who is an Islamophobe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are being simplistic by saying "if they dont support the regime they can overthrow it". If only the overthrowing was so simple. The mullas dont get to rule Iran 33 years by being that naive and allow opposition to reach that critical mass as to create a revolution.

yes, we should not speak for the iranians in saying which is best for them - its for them to decide. But if the reaction of the iranians here are anything to go by, the mulla regime is not that popular and given a chance, the iranians would not chose the mulla theocracy or in a more radical case, even shia islam.

Well, there has been criticism of Nejad in Iran.

And based on what are you saying that? Did you conduct some sort of survey regarding Iranian perception of the regime in Iran? I have been asking you this right from the beginning. Otherwise, it's merely bias.

And Shia Islam? Please, don't be foolish.

Some harda$$ dictators like Mubarak, Qaddafi and others were overthrown with enough support. The same is going to happen to Assad. Those guys have been ruling their respective countries for far longer than those Iranian mullahs.

And of-course, support against them requires organization with sufficient support.

Why do you think the Western countries are imposing additional sanctions against Iran? It is simply to put more public pressure on the regime. What happens next only remains to be seen.

And lastly, westernization is not modernization :no:

Do not tell me what I can and cannot say. I do not have time or the patience to explain to YOU why I phrased it that way.

You should have just said you have no answer to my query . Quit wasting my time .

I don't want to offend anyone but to be fair:
Indian situation, education, healthcare and GDP per capita is worse than average muslims in middle east.
Should I blame Hinduism?

It's not about the economy . It's about the violence , lack of respect for other religions , use of terms like ' Kafir ' and celebrating when non-muslim numbers go down and muslim numbers go up .

A sharp question.

Not all Dobermans have the same temperament. Yet you would be justified in being cautious, asking for full disclosure about an individual Doberman's temperament.

But it is important to note that variability for humans is much higher than for dog breeds, generalizations are far less accurate.

Humans have the capacity to break free of the programming that they were brought up with.

Have you seen Dobie or Rott attacks? In real life? You Tube?

Would you take a risk with your child? On someone's (presumably the owner - hardly an impartial judge) say so?

Given there is much higher variability in humans, and conditioned responses can be overcome given the right environment.

Question here in the interim is.

Does that lull you into feeling secure?

Do you let your guard down?

Do your protect yourself before or after the benefit of the doubt being given?

Before or after.

It all boils down to these three words.

Given there is much higher variability in humans, and conditioned responses can be overcome given the right environment.

Question here in the interim is.

Does that lull you into feeling secure?

Do you let your guard down?

Do your protect yourself before or after the benefit of the doubt being given?

Before or after.

It all boils down to these three words.

2 points: Firstly, we don't want to do injustice to any individual. Nobody should feel victimized because of accident of birth. Secondly, given that people do have capacity to think and to change, we want to influence them in a positive way. Long term that is the only option. So one should make an extra effort to co-opt those who can be co-opted, without letting down the guard.

At the same time, I do not suggest that regressive impulses be pandered to in the least.

2 points: Firstly, we don't want to do injustice to any individual. Nobody should feel victimized because of accident of birth. Secondly, given that people do have capacity to think and to change, we want to influence them in a positive way. Long term that is the only option. So one should make an extra effort to co-opt those who can be co-opted, without letting down the guard.

At the same time, I do not suggest that regressive impulses be pandered to in the least.

Before or After?

Innocent till proven Guilty or Guilty till proven Innocent?

Before or After?

Innocent till proven Guilty or Guilty till proven Innocent?

One would need a system of careful checks based on various risk factors. Psychological testing, and a program of actively shaping people through education.

But we would be poorer if we were to deny ourselves the services of an APJ Abdul Kalam, say, on the basis of his birth in a particular family. As far as possible, justice for every individual.

One would need a system of careful checks based on various risk factors. Psychological testing, and a program of actively shaping people through education.

But we would be the poorer if we were to deny ourselves the services of an APJ Abdul Kalam, say, on the basis of his birth in a particular family. As far as possible, justice for every individual.

So a system of racial/religious profiling as is being followed increasingly by the US now?

Same questions.

Before or After.

Do you do and apologize at leisure.

Or do you not do and have one fall through the cracks?

So a system of racial/religious profiling as is being followed increasingly by the US now?

Same questions.

Before or After.

Do you do and apologize at leisure.

Or do you not do and have one fall through the cracks?

I am OK with profiling - Race, religion can be among the ingredients in a profile. The overall risk score could depend upon many things. With modern technology, databases, Unique ID system etc - the checks could be made efficient and non-obtrusive.

When a red flag is raised one would need to dig deeper, especially when considering somebody for a sensitive position.

I am OK with profiling - Race, religion can be among the ingredients in a profile. The overall risk score could depend upon many things. With modern technology, databases, Unique ID system etc - the checks could be made efficient and non-obtrusive.

When a red flag is raised one would need to dig deeper, especially when considering somebody for a sensitive position.

I agree.

Every action and every bit of information from various government and semi-government agencies goes into the database.

Next in line would be tapping into the network of the private sector.

I agree.

Every action and every bit of information from various government and semi-government agencies goes into the database.

Next in line would be tapping into the network of the private sector.

Right - I can imagine a risk score for every unique ID, which can be merged with call records from phone companies, to produce a more nuanced risk score based on the kinds of people you are in the habit of communicating with. The calculation could be done in seconds.

Right - I can imagine a risk score for every unique ID, which can be merged with call records from phone companies, to produce a more nuanced risk score based on the kinds of people you are in the habit of communicating with. The calculation could be done in seconds.

Calls are already closely monitored bro.

Action is swift and immediate. Ask me. I know.

Happened recently in a company in Pune.

The guy in question disappeared within a couple of hours of the calls he made.

It was that fast.

There is a lot going on behind the scenes.

Or maybe its just in big/sensitive cities.

So are the above steps taken by the establishment, and exercised by common people in their day to day lives, considered to be Islamophobic?

What do you call the Met department who track cyclones and issue warnings and evacuate people before the cyclone hits?

What do you call the doctors who vaccinate kids against certain disease strains but ignore the harmless commensals?

So are the above steps taken by the establishment, and exercised by common people in their day to day lives, considered to be Islamophobic?

What do you call the Met department who track cyclones and issue warnings and evacuate people before the cyclone hits?

What do you call the doctors who vaccinate kids against certain disease strains but ignore the harmless commensals?

I wouldnt say its Islamaphobic because there is a threat perceived to come from a certain demographic. I think such things are done by Israel for example in their airport security checks. They racially profile, because they believe there is a human element to everything. So if you are young, Arab, Muslim, they will pull you aside and put you through intense questioning. And no one can question their methods because they have been EXTREMELY successful. Infact Ben Gurion is the safest airport in the world. So I wouldnt call it Islamaphobia although what the establishment does is still racist in nature. Its not because of Islam they are doing it. Its because they see a particular threat from a particular demographic. So questionable, despicable - yes, Islamaphobic - no.

I wouldnt say its Islamaphobic because there is a threat perceived to come from a certain demographic. I think such things are done by Israel for example in their airport security checks. They racially profile, because they believe there is a human element to everything. So if you are young, Arab, Muslim, they will pull you aside and put you through intense questioning. And no one can question their methods because they have been EXTREMELY successful. Infact Ben Gurion is the safest airport in the world. So I wouldnt call it Islamaphobia although what the establishment does is still racist in nature. Its not because of Islam they are doing it. Its because they see a particular threat from a particular demographic. So questionable, despicable - yes, Islamaphobic - no.

Xenophobic maybe?

But would Israel be laxer with say Muslims from Pakistan or India?

Xenophobic maybe?

But would Israel be laxer with say Muslims from Pakistan or India?

Muslims from India, maybe. Muslims from Pakistan, probably. But if you are an Arab and a Muslim even if you a citizen of the United States, they wont let you in, most times.

They dont fear their culture or the religion. Only what those certain people MIGHT do. Which is engage in criminal or terrorist activities. So since there is a practical reason behind it, I'd say, its not Xenophobic or Islamaphobic, but definitely a tad disgusting. I mean even good people will get pulled aside that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom