What's new

Where Did It All Go Wrong For Tata’s Nano?

@Cheetah - Yaar tu really cheetah hai, shawa chack day phatay nap day kili :enjoy:

Who said you Nano is rejected by indians???

i see atleast 10 nano cars daily...

BTW,how is Sitara's sales going??? :mamba:

Is that the best you can do insult wow that convinced me and seeing 10 nano cars a day in India well its a success story.

This isn't a part of national pride In fact this is being rejected by Indians themselves cause of poor quality but for argument sake even one was to go by your logic sales shows Indians in mass has rejected this car including the villagers they rather bike or walk then to buy this car and most defending the car here don't own one.

now....now..... you have been caught bent over with your pants down. so don't cry in pain when you have been royally screwed.

if walking away with your face blackened with so much pain in your behind is too much then take a ride back to home in your super successful sitara.

shooo.....

:wave:

Where Did It All Go Wrong For Tata’s Nano?-

did anything go wrong for nano?

there are a dozen nano owners in by neighborhood alone,including me!

Yes Chicha Jaan Troller...I accept the fact that whole revenue TATA is getting from Pakistan....

Nothing left to comment start insulting ahhhhhhh its so sad where is the violin guy.

To the OP: Read this article... a good one for you.

$2,500 loaded: Engineers marvel over import - Chicago Tribune

If you build a better mousetrap, the world will beat a path to your door. If you build a new car for $2,500, the world's automakers will drive a semi to your loading dock so they can take it home and study it.

Thus, a stream of executives and engineers has been visiting Tata Technologies in Novi, Mich., to see the Nano, the 10-foot-long, five-passenger car the engineering consultant helped its affiliate Tata Motors develop. Tata Tech has also lent the car to manufacturers so more engineers can get a close look.

"It's a very useful calling card," said Tata Tech engineering and design chief Kevin Fisher. Industry veterans don't believe it's possible to make a $2,500 car until they walk around the Nano. Nearly 2 feet shorter than a Mini Cooper, Nano was developed as India's version of the Ford Model T, the affordable car that put a country on wheels. Nano prices in India range from around $2,200 to $2,500.

The visitors don't necessarily plan to build a car for the Nano's price. They want to apply Tata's "frugal engineering" philosophy to their product lines.

"It's a thought process," Fisher said. "You start from scratch and ask, ‘What do I really need?'"

Nano development began when Tata Chairman Ratan Tata decided the company that bears his name should provide a better, safer alternative to the motorbikes that frequently carry families in India.

"Ratan Tata said, ‘If we start from zero and build up, how much can we get for $2,000?'" said Kevin Power, a manager at Tata Tech. "That was the philosophical basis of the design. Other automakers tend to start with an existing vehicle and take stuff out to reduce the price."

Power calls it lean engineering: "What content can we put in, and how do we make it inexpensive?" Examples include using identical hinges for all four doors and securing the carpet with Velcro.

A lot of savings come in manufacturing. Despite the Nano's round appearance, its steel body panels have simple shapes than are inexpensive to make. The tools to produce the panels were designed to last three or four times the standard life to spread their cost over a longer period.

here is pakistan's own super successful

accepted by millions of pakistanis

sitarraaaaaaaaaa

images

:woot:

@Cheetah - Yaar tu really cheetah hai, shawa chack day phatay nap day kili :enjoy:

you see they cant handle the truth they are trying every thing they got, insults twisting my words trying to go off topic plus look the amount of Indians here on this topic.they are all trying there best not to accept reality.

you see they cant handle the truth they are trying every thing they got, insults twisting my words trying to go off topic plus look the amount of Indians here on this topic.they are all trying there best not to accept reality.
what are you trying to prove?

Why is this guy so hell bent on proving Nano is failed :lol:

Reminds me that debate, where NH was asking ZH again and again to show one thing that Pakistan successfully produced in its 60yrs after independence. That guy repeatedly chants only two things arab and allama iqbal :lol: but no straight answer to the question. Because there is nothing to answer.

All these ZHs get good sleep only by wishing bad for the enemy, not by looking at good in their backyard. When they are proved wrong, they get even more emotional :lol:

Lol.. what more do you want, the car sale is 10K/month, it is being sold in foreign markets. If you don't consider this as a success then I wonder what you would accept as a success. TATA introduced the car as a replacement for the two wheelers and people are buying it. Its true that there were problems in the original model and they were corrected so I don't see where your problems comes from.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

@Vasily Zaytsev thats a super hybrid car mate it has the lowest Greenhouse gas emission in the world. Heck they even beat Japanese, and the American cars in that matter.

Back
Top Bottom