What's new

Where Did It All Go Wrong For Tata’s Nano?

Well, it is a very new product with a very unorthodox target market. Of-course, there'd be challenges. Tata's profits have been relatively good. But rising costs did eat away some of its profits.
Tata Motors Profit & Loss account, Tata Motors Financial Statement & Accounts

It is safe to say that the Nano has been relatively profitable. Albeit, not as successful as expected.

I think the issue has more to do with marketing. Typically, advertising and promoting your product as 'cheap' from the beginning can potentially send out the wrong messages to consumers.
Tata

TATA didn't did that.The media did.

well you should have been giving that advice to your pet when he started going of the topic but you were enjoying it at that time all of sudden you wanna go back to the topic really.I told him it was Pakistan who saved him and millions like him from becoming Indian Tamil state.As far as burning the house is concerned no worries we have it under control and things are getting back on track i am sure its some thing that bothers you.

Here is a tissue:cry: stop it you are making me cry :rofl:

I can count at-least 10 different members who highlighted that nano is selling around 10k units per month. So, it's not actually failing. Rather it is selling like hot cakes. It's sales are also increasing in other countries.

Still u are continuing with your mindless rants about how Indians don't accept facts. That's terribly lame. :tdown:

=StingRoy;2680583]Nano is an engineering marvel.. no questions asked. People may not have welcomed the product as much as initially perceived, but it definitely was quite an achievement for Tata motors. The perception and market reception is changing with the sales shooting up lately.

Engineering Marvel what?

Supplier [39] Part/system [39]
Texspin Clutch Bearings
Bosch Oxygen sensor, Gasoline injection system (diesel will follow), starter, alternator, brake system
Continental AG Gasoline fuel supply system, fuel level sensor
Caparo Inner structural panels
HSI AUTO Static sealing systems (Weather Strips)
Delphi Instrument cluster
Rane Madras Limited Steering Assembly
Denso Windshield wiper system (single motor and arm)
FAG Kugelfischer Rear-wheel bearing
Federal-Mogul Pistons, Piston rings, Spark plugs, Gaskets, Systems protection
Ficosa Rear-view mirrors, interior mirrors, manual and CVT shifters, washer system
Freudenberg Engine sealing
GKN Driveshafts
INA Shifting elements
ITW Deltar Outside and inside door handles
Johnson Controls Seating
Mahle Camshafts, spin-on oil filters, fuel filters and air cleaners
Saint-Gobain Glass
TRW Brake system
Ceekay Daikin/Valeo Clutch sets
Vibracoustic Engine mounts
Visteon Air induction system
ZF Friedrichshafen AG Chassis components, including tie rods
Behr HVAC for the luxury version
Dürr Lean Paint Shop

Nano being put together in India parts supplied from above mentioned already established MFG cant be considered engineering marvel more like a fail try as even having access to all that the car failed.

What Nano has given is a start to the ultra-compact urban cars. People are quick to realize the potential of this new segment in the market - Urban Transportation vehicles. If you'd have noticed now more and more companies around the world are trying to mimic what Nano has brought to the table. The Mercedes Smart For Two, Toyota IQ, Opel Trix and many more are competing to hit this market.

wrong again most of those vehicles were in the market way before Nano came along so its more like a copy of them and not the original .The thing that was suppose to make Nano stand out was to be its price tag but soon after launch it was realized with that price tag you get almost nothing and safety was no where to be seen.

I see a huge market in developing economies along with advanced markets like Europe, where people need compact urban transportation in the future. American market will be a tough one to crack because it is a "bigger the better" market.

Most developing economies are dominated by the same players that are dominant In Europe and America plus rules and regulations will make it mandatory to offer most safety features means and cutting corners. having said that No way Nano can offer the 2000 or even $3000 price tag and will have to compete head on with established Mfg for the market and by the way Even The Mercedes Smart For Two is losing money in Americas.

Nano being rejected by Indians has what to do with me liking or hating Indians?

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

No i just realize i am arguing with some one that has the brain capacity of a 2 years old.

Yes right , 2 year intelligent brain is far more better then 20 years old fool brain.... if your eyes is also not bold read data point then q and answer

Engineering Marvel what?

Texspin Clutch Bearings
Bosch Oxygen sensor, Gasoline injection system (diesel will follow), starter, alternator, brake system
Ficosa Rear-view mirrors, interior mirrors, manual and CVT shifters, washer system
GKN Driveshafts
INA Shifting elements
Johnson Controls Seating
Saint-Gobain Glass
TRW Brake system
Dürr Lean Paint Shop

Nano being put together in India parts supplied from above mentioned already established MFG cant be considered engineering marvel more like a fail try as even having access to all that the car failed.

wrong again most of those vehicles were in the market way before Nano came along so its more like a copy of them and not the original .The thing that was suppose to make Nano stand out was to be its price tag but soon after launch it was realized with that price tag you get almost nothing and safety was no where to be seen.

Most developing economies are dominated by the same players that are dominant In Europe and America plus rules and regulations will make it mandatory to offer most safety features means and cutting corners. having said that No way Nano can offer the 2000 or even $3000 price tag and will have to compete head on with established Mfg for the market and by the way Even The Mercedes Smart For Two is losing money in Americas.

Why i am having a felling that this guy does not know the meaning of ancillary industries.

I can count at-least 10 different members who highlighted that nano is selling around 10k units per month. So, it's not actually failing. Rather it is selling like hot cakes. It's sales are also increasing in other countries.

Still u are continuing with your mindless rants about how Indians don't accept facts. That's terribly lame. :tdown:

Really are you accepting facts.

I have posted over and over again its 10,000 units being produces in a plant that's suppose to produce 25,000 units that means plants i operating at less then 50% of its capacity that's a fact.its 10,000 units being produced not sold do u understand the difference between making them and selling them and please don't tell me this is Bentley or some models of Mercedes that are only produced after getting orders.

Question=How many Indians does it take to make clear as a blue sky point come across

Answer=stay tuned billion or more to Go.

you no whats terrible lame its jumping up and down running around crying whining calling names accept facing the reality and go as far as taking credit for other peoples ideas that's lame.

worse part is another Indian will jump in now with a same point 10,000 units being sold reading only what they wanna read ignoring rest of the post.

Engineering Marvel what?

Texspin Clutch Bearings
GKN Driveshafts
INA Shifting elements
Johnson Controls Seating
Saint-Gobain Glass
TRW Brake system
Dürr Lean Paint Shop

If you don't know about car manufacturing then don't tell the whole world that you don't know........ didn't in your school didn't told you about car manufacturing and auto part manufacturer? of forget in pan you don't make your own cars that why you don't know about it.

Car is designed and the designed parts then passed to auto ancillary unit to built in huge volume by espicallist, the companies you list above , all these same supplying the same parts to all other car manufacturers , be in Maruti, Hyundai , Skoda , Toyota etc.

Who told you that Toyota , Skoda , made parts themselves, Majority of companies use BOSH parts.

In india , if you have car which can designed to run for 60 KMPH you don't need parachute and ejector belt in that car siting safety reasons, but the car which is designed to run for Mach 1 and more , in that car you need seat ejector with parachute...... got the logic.....

Moreover in many cars ABS and collapsable steering etc is not a standard yet.

India has min safety standards wrt to car and its engine that why we don't see any chinese car/engine in our country...... India engine is Euro V stand and now going for Euro V standards that also include nano engine.

as far europe car is concerned.
This export version of the Nano was first shown at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show[31] but has yet to go on sale. Heavily upgraded to meet EU safety and emission standards, the car will have a number of improvements over the standard Nano, including an extended wheelbase, a new 3-cylinder engine, power steering, an anti-lock braking system (ABS) and an improved interior and exterior.[31] The Nano Europe will be more expensive, heavier, and less fuel efficient than the standard Nano with prices said to be around US$6000.[32] At the 2011 Geneva Motor Show Tata unveiled the Tata Pixel, a rear engined, four passenger city car based on the Nano Europa platform.
File:Nano Tata.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Really are you accepting facts.

I have posted over and over again its 10,000 units being produces in a plant that's suppose to produce 25,000 units that means plants i operating at less then 50% of its capacity that's a fact.its 10,000 units being produced not sold do u understand the difference between making them and selling them and please don't tell me this is Bentley or some models of Mercedes that are only produced after getting orders.

Question=How many Indians does it take to make clear as a blue sky point come across

Answer=stay tuned billion or more to Go.

you no whats terrible lame its jumping up and down running around crying whining calling names accept facing the reality and go as far as taking credit for other peoples ideas that's lame.

worse part is another Indian will jump in now with a same point 10,000 units being sold reading only what they wanna read ignoring rest of the post.

Well if you know that how many models are their in india and india is already a crowded space, Soka Fabis can't even sell 1000 fabis /month in india but the production capacity is few thousand dose that fabia make a bad car , NO. everyone has is own taste and buy what he likes most.

Moreover any car that touches 10000/month sales means its successful car , plants always designed to keep export in mind and long term planing, when tata start exporting and will also start making pixel....in near future...... don't become jealous.....

Don't worry about me and what i am driving i drive what i can afford.If you don't wanna continue on this topic you can simply stay out of it instead of telling me what to drive.

Chicha Cheetah …First of all you should understand why Tata bring Nano into the picture…FYI…NANO is not Superman muscular car… This is made for a common man who can afford a bike but not a car, even thou he need a car for his family. That is why I am advising you first understand the things then comment… Tata group of company did lot of R&D before bringing NANO into the reality… If you want more information listen to the Ratan Tata’s comment while launching NANO….That is well available on to the net…let me know if you cannot find it.

Why i am having a felling that this guy don't know the meaning of ancillary industries.

dAHHHHHHHHHHHH REALy why don't you explain it to me but first read, That i am answering a poster who is taking credit by making Nano the original idea which it isn't. Nice try ignoring what i actually said and try twisting my words.

Ancillary industries are those which manufacture parts and components to be used by larger industries i am well aware of ancillary industries and there part in mfg.

tata failed in bringing a "family car" image to nano.
most people consider nano as a second car.people like me.

my nano works fine and cool.

Nano being rejected by Indians has what to do with me liking or hating Indians?

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

No i just realize i am arguing with some one that has the brain capacity of a 2 years old.

Who said you Nano is rejected by indians???

i see atleast 10 nano cars daily...

BTW,how is Sitara's sales going??? :mamba:

Because they don't have one

Most MFG listed there are Western and not Indian i am not sure what are you taking credit for there having said that it must suck to have all that available and still produce a vehicle that even the locals don't wanna buy.

Back
Top Bottom