What's new

Where are the retired aircrafts of PAF?

Found a photograph of the A-5 at Risalpur-Asghar Khan.

Anyone knows the serial number?

A-5 outside gate at Risalpur-Asghar Khan.jpg

Three 'new' little friends found. The FT-5, a sturdy, stable and reliable plane that trained so many pilots for PAF is finding its way to various places for preservation.

The first, 55-1202, has been at Talagang since 2013 already (see the time-stamp!), it is at Siddiq Abad chowk:
FT-5 55-1202 Talagang oct13.jpg

The other one I found, 55-1211, was placed much more recently around March 2016 at Murid AB. I think it is inside the first base gate so may not be accessible:
FT-5 55-1211 Murid feb17.jpg

The third and last for now, is at Choa Saiden Sha's Cadet College, 55-1522. As you probably know, many cadet colleges have such aircraft as monuments:
FT-5 55-1522 Choa Saiden Shah cadet college apr16.jpg

The aircraft obviously have been carefully cleaned and/or painted before installation. So I would like to applaud and thank the people within PAF responsible for the preservation of PAF's heritage like this!

The identities of the two at Wana are 3W-154 for the A5 and 8912 for the F-6.
Goofd to see they have retained (or regained) their squadron markings.

And this my draft list of Pakistan Sabres preserved.

Attachments

• Sabres.pdf
    85.3 KB · Views: 51
There is one very old in Malir Cantt Karachi. Most probably an F-6 but its there since 1995 so i am not exactly sure about its identity since I don't go to cantt anymore.

It used to be in Chowk Kumharan Multan (not sure its current location):

Image1678.jpg

Also I saw one in shortkot cantt, not sure if I can find it on internet.

There is a full thread in PAF section on this. Most become gate guards, others are sent to boneyards and become derelict, some are donated.

F-86F 53-1216
@countryman: yes, until 2009 it was in the Chowk Kumharanwala, but then it moved to the park around Multan Kila Kohna Qasim Bagh. There it was moved a little bit NW in 2013. And the current situation is as illustrated by @hassan1

There is a full thread in PAF section on this. Most become gate guards, others are sent to boneyards and become derelict, some are donated.
@fatman17 a thread on the F-86 / CL-13 Sabre you mean, or on preserved aircraft?

These retired jet should be given to universities for research.

Hmm, but knowledge on that much old technology is already abundant. What universities would do with that? However, I think public should start small aviation ventures as fun.

Back
Top Bottom