What's new

When Mohammad Rafi sang for Kishore Kumar

How about this?? this songss was made only for rafi..

and another fav of mine..

did you guys listen to Pancham da's sung songss?? he was another restless man beside Kishoe da... bothe of them were much ahead of their time when it came to creativity...

Of course Rafi saab was called the voice of Shammi ji.

If you watch this song closely you would notice that Rafi saab's part was so minimal but still had made such big impression.

Pancham da created melodies way back in 70's which are still used by todays music directors as a benchmark to explore them with new set of innovations available through technology

not jus that.. even as a playback singer he was awsome.. he even won a filmfare award as a playback singer.

not jus that.. even as a playback singer he was awsome.. he even won a filmfare award as a playback singer.

he got nominated for singers award in filmfare awards but never won it. filmfare has been unfair to panchamda through out his carrer and he got his first award for music in 1982 for sanam teri kasam so you can see the 70's which belonged to his music alone did not got him any awards because of biased fimfare

Pancham da created melodies way back in 70's which are still used by todays music directors as a benchmark to explore them with new set of innovations available through technology

The thing with RD & Kishore ji is they are not just a music composer or a singer. They are very versatile.

RD as Singer

Kishore Ji as an Actor

Last edited:
The thing with RD & Kishore ji is they are not just music a composer or a singer. They are very versatile.

RD as Singer

Kishore Ji as an Actor

well the heartful chemistry between Pancham- Kishore, Rajesh Khanna, dev anand, majrooh and anad bakshi has been mind blowing

he got nominated for singers award in filmfare awards but never won it. filmfare has been unfair to panchamda through out his carrer and he got his first award for music in 1982 for sanam teri kasam so you can see the 70's which belonged to his music alone did not got him any awards because of biased fimfare

I think he did win it for mehbooba song in sholay in 1976....best male playback singer. But yes, he hasnt been very fortunte when it comes to awards.. infact in the last phase of his life, he was very down and almost out and had very bad financial crisis until he did 1942 Love story.

I think he did win it for mehbooba song in sholay in 1976....best male playback singer. But yes, he hasnt been very fortunte when it comes to awards.. infact in the last phase of his life, he was very down and almost out and had very bad financial crisis until he did 1942 Love story.

bro all this financial mess issues are blown out of context and lies spread i do not why. he had inherited SD burman property which stands tall in mumbai. he was nominated for this sholay song but did not won it and award for 1976 was won by Manna Dey – "Kya Mar Sakegi" from Sanyasi

This movie has fabulous songs but still did not won any award, all this bias broke pancham during fag end of his career. when second innings started he was no more...sad very sad :(

Yupp. Actually he was nominated at Filmfare for his playback singing in Sholay.

Actually that is the same case with many great artists. Only few people in the Industry make money.

my bad guys. I think he got more fame after death among the later generations that in his own time.

my bad guys. I think he got more fame after death among the later generations that in his own time.

well true but he got love from public both in that time and even now by younger genrations. pancham has far outlived his death and is still very popular. only the biased filmfare awards have lost its sanctity

bro all this financial mess issues are blown out of context and lies spread i do not why. he had inherited SD burman property which stands tall in mumbai.

May it was reference to Madan Mohan (composer)

Born on 25 June 1924, at Erbil, Iraqi Kurdistan, where his father Rai Bahadur Chunilal was working as an Accountant General with the Kurdistan Peshmerga forces, Madan Mohan spent the first five years of his life in the Middle East.

At the behest of his father, he attended the Colonel Brown Cambridge School and joined the army and received his first commission (emergency) in 1943.[2] Personal traits like courtesy, endurance, discipline, physical fitness and punctuality were all fostered in him during those years. Though as history would have it, he quit the armed forces and turned to his first love—music. He joined All India Radio in Lucknow, where he brushed shoulders with such ghazal and classical luminaries as Ustad Faiyyaz Khan, Ustad Ali Akbar Khan, Begum Akhtar, and Talat Mahmood. He picked up their influences and carried them with him to Mumbai when he entered the Hindi Film industry. Not many know that he aspired to becoming an actor but ended up directing music

Lata Mangeshkar christened him "Ghazal ka Shehzadaa", or the Prince of Ghazals. Even Lata herself stated in a live concert in the late 1990s that she found Madan Mohan's compositions difficult to master. Most of the top film actors of the day (who were also studio heads) had fallen into a groove with their preferred composers (e.g., Raj Kapoor had Shankar Jaikishan, Dev Anand had the Burmans, Dilip Kumar had Naushad, etc.) Hence, he often had difficulty finding assignments. His 1964 Filmfare Award nomination for Best Music Director for Woh Kaun Thi. In a tightly-contested race, both Madan and Shankar Jaikishan (Sangam) lost to relative newcomers Laxmikant Pyarelal, who scored Dosti.

Madan's constant struggles took a toll on his life, and he began drinking heavily. He died of liver cirrhosis on 14 July 1975.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madan_Mohan_(composer)

Geeta Dutt is another excellent artist. Her hit rate is really incredible.

Hemant Kumar is another singer who has a very good hit rate

Both Composed and Sung by Hemant Kumar

Magnificent singers,legends. I listen to their songs often.

Is there anything more to be said? Probably one of the greatest songs to come out of the sub-continent. I can't think of anything else that encompasses the celebration of a wedding like this.

The king of romantic songs.

Back
Top Bottom