What's new

Whatever

Who wants a bulky Digital SLR,
Go for lighter canon Nexus series.. very good result and great battery life

Benny i know very little about you.
Except that you are an indian.:D
Thanks for the post.
What are your hobbies,interests etc??
Plus that you are heading towards senior membership with the speed of Mach3.:) good to know.
37.sth posts per day amazing.:smokin:

Thanks SURB. I am an HR manager in an IT company and a part time share investor along with a little farming.

I come here for the fact that it gives me a lot of knowledge about the defense related matters.

Thanks SURB. I am an HR manager in an IT company and a part time share investor along with a little farming.

I come here for the fact that it gives me a lot of knowledge about the defense related matters.

BTW How do you shuttle so fast between Barbados and Madagascar ? :blink:

Go for canon , its my personal favourite. Sony is useless when it comes to DSLR. Olympus is a good value for money. Nikon is over priced always for a small differential change of quality.

BTW whats your budget and what all models have you shortlisted. Word of advice, when it comes to DSLR never buy anything in a hurry.

ok buddy....
now i have short listed to

1-Canon.(better sensor and good performance.)

2-Olympus.(new tech,a bit cheaper)

What do you say about these two models.

Olympus E620
Canon EOS 450D(zaki suggested)

pixels are a bit on lower side...one of my friend was saying," yarr itne pixels to mobile mein bhe agate hein"..:D
how about sth 18 megapixel or 14 to 16 atleast.

Juldi mein?

mughe lagta hae abb to dorr kurr kharedna pare ga camera.
from 7th june to 9th june i'll be busy capturing the beauty for you guys.:)

Well i'll need to read the manual and get accustomed to the camera tech etc meanwhile.:coffee:
It looks like a race against time.

Kindly tell me which are the things i need to compare and watch carefully before buying
except the budget and pixels.

Last edited:
Waqas you always remind me of my cousin who is also very fond of cricket like you.......... I got to know about your fondness in T20 thread. You were very active there :)

Just changed my avatar coz it was creating doubts in the minds of people.... :D

ok buddy....
now i have short listed to

1-Canon.(better sensor and good performance.)

2-Olympus.(new tech,a bit cheaper)

What do you say about these two models.

Olympus E620
Canon EOS 450D(zaki suggested)

pixels are a bit on lower side...one of my friend was saying," yarr itne pixels to mobile mein bhe agate hein"..:D
how about sth 18 megapixel or 14 to 16 atleast.

Juldi mein?

mughe lagta hae abb to dorr kurr kharedna pare ga camera.
from 7th june to 9th june i'll be busy capturing the beauty for you guys.:)

Well i'll need to read the manual and get accustomed to the camera tech etc meanwhile.:coffee:
It looks like a race against time.

Kindly tell me which are the things i need to compare and watch carefully before buying
except the budget and pixels.

:thinktank:

SURB bro, you have selected two excellent models for entry level DSLR photography. Both are quite good and chosing one over the other is a daunting task. If you ask me, I would go for Canon. 1. I am a die hard canon fan, 2. with canon you will get a range of compatible lenses. As you might be aware, in dslr, the lenses rule, the bodies dont do much . Once you get more comfortable and keep getting more scholarship money ( which i am sure you will.. inshallah) you will love to keep buying lenses. so in future you may chose to sell this 450D and go for say 50D and still those lenses will come in handy. A BIG plus for canon.

Olympus's always comes with a nice feature which i would love canon to get and that is dust reduction. you know most part of SAsia is dusty. also this comes with 4 fps, but I believe you are going to shoot hardly any fast moving objects like a zooming jets or a speed boat or try to trace the bowling of shoiab akhtar :D in that cases the speed of canon is good enough for you ..

Again, you should feel comfortable holding the camera. I love the feel of bigger cameras over compact ones. I guess olympus's body is a bit small so, while you will be stuck to the eye piece trying to focus and frame, it might be tough to change aperture or shutter speed if the camera body is small and all controls are cramped.

My verdict: go for canon but not before going to a shop and trying out both :)

Happy shopping and let me know if you need more help

^^^
Also, which lens you are planning to buy ? The default 18-55 lens ? Thats a really entry level, which neither will give you wide aperture not bigger zoom...

Waqas you always remind me of my cousin who is also very fond of cricket like you.......... I got to know about your fondness in T20 thread. You were very active there :)

dude! Cricket and Pakistanis are inseparable :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom