What's new

Whatever

If Caste system was not the case you were mentioning then what would be the other reasons where Indian culture and history had been abused? No body is using caste system as an excuse and a fifth grade student also knows that it was not imposed by birth in the beginning. If caste apartheid did not exist at all, Ambedkar (one of the finest minds in Indian politics) would not have thought of separate electorates for Dalits; however the plausibility of such demand might be subjected to another debate. . People here deny that caste apartheid existed at all. That is when the argument comes, not before.

No, my point is Caste system has been used as an convenient excuse to dish on Indian history . I have seen it several times on this forum . Its used more of a tool to simply hammer the opinion every time a topic comes up on Indian history . For example how you yourself brought the topic of caste system the very second i mentioned Indian history .

Your assumption that entire Indian history seems to be offended/sucked by evoking (using it in your words) caste apartheid is hilarious and profoundly absurd

Thats the intention of the person who brings in caste system every time there is a debate on Indian history . Stop twisting my comments :lol: . Any historian worth their salt would be proud of Indian history despite what others want you to think . Sure we had some bad qualities but so did every other civilization in history . Live with it

But the way this fact is being portrayed by a set of idiots here as an excuse is indeed heights of stupidity.

Which set of "idiots" and what way is it portrayed ?

People here deny that caste apartheid existed at all. That is when the argument comes, not before.

Which people ? nobody i know denies the existence of apartheid in caste system . link their names .

Point is , be a bit more liberal , stop dramatizing and exaggerating or stereotyping people just because you disagree with them , because you are the one claiming to be a secular liberal . I will do my part to keep things calm but i can't help it if you begin to exaggerate all the negatives and ignore the positives .

Last edited:
No, my point is Caste system has been used as an convenient excuse to dish on Indian history . I have seen it several times on this forum . Its used more of a tool to simply hammer the opinion every time a topic comes up on Indian history . For example how you yourself brought the topic of caste system the very second i mentioned Indian history .
I have posted several historical threads in this forum. You are open to point out where Caste system has been used to malign the entire Indian History. Yes, I brought up caste system because I presumed that you might be intending at it as this is the only sphere I have condemned about my own religion. Secondly, religion and Indian history are often two different worlds. My posts on religious discourse quite obviously have been missed by you. Can you please dig out the Wendy Doniger thread? If I get it I will show it to you.
Thats the intention of the person who brings in caste system every time there is a debate on Indian history . Stop twisting my comments :lol: . Any historian worth their salt would be proud of Indian history despite what others want you to think . Sure we had some bad qualities but so did every other civilization in history . Live with it

Again, Indian history, proto history are often exclusive of religious discussion. You are certainly confusing the two. Indian history is not about caste apartheid which is a minuscule part of our religion . The ancient and medieval Indian history is about its architectural brilliance, religious, economic and as well as military history of its different dynastic rulers, amalgamation of different races, religions with the main bone of India. Modern history is about again different monarchs both in North and south, the arrival of the company and the solidification of British Imperialism, the great mutiny of 1857, the change in British policies or finally the great partition. For the last two years, I have tried to cover all these areas in my posts. Have you seen caste system showing up every here and then? Kindly do not live in such grand illusion.

Which set of "idiots" and what way is it portrayed ?

Which people ? nobody i know denies the existence of apartheid in caste system . link their names

Certainly, you miss a lot of activities here.

I'm still facing issues while uploading attachments through safari browser.It began as soon as iOS8 was installed and updating to iOS8.0.2 was all in vain.
How about you? Are you facing similar issues??

Nah, I am not using the browser for Facebook so I don't really run in to that problem. Stick to the Facebook application for now I guess, because the browser's compatibility issue will be resolved in due time.

Is it really possible for a new company (from say India or Pak) to give a stiff competition to brands like iPhones and Samsungs??
May be I'm being a lil pessimistic. :-)

Yeah, it's hard for a new company to establish itself, but it's definitely possible. As long as the new brand is well funded, there shouldn't be any shortage of equipment or of engineers & designers for that matter. What there is a shortage of is entrepreneurs, R&D, innovation, creativity, ambition, & strategy. It's for this reason our societies don't really produce anything new, & what they usually do, is end up copying someone else.

Wonderful!! Then you people should stop giving certificates of communalism to others without knowing someone in person..
Stop giving ridiculous advises without knowing squat about the matter. Hindu radicalism is a fact and you expect one has to knock the door of every bigot like Swamy Adityanath, know him personally and then comment on the subject?

Stop giving ridiculous advises without knowing squat about the matter. Hindu radicalism is a fact and you expect one has to knock the door of every bigot like Swamy Adityanath, know him personally and then comment on the subject?
Why are we even talking about Swami Adityanath? Was I defending him anywhere? There are idiots in BJP who is denying that but there are idiots who think that anyone who speak in support of BJP is communal.. Neither Swami Adityanath (if he crosses his line) nor the Islamic fanatics should be defended no matter how much political mileage one can gain out of it. But the appeasement politics is nothing new in Indian political circles and parties like Congress, TMC, JDU, RJD etc indulge in the same to the extreme just for the sake of M votes. Most of the so called secularists are called sickularists because they blindly support one of these parties and it does not even matter to them that how corrupt & dishonest these parties real are..

Hindu radicalism is a fact but Islamic terrorism is a bigger threat so stop telling me to close my eyes for one and focus on other. Both should be put under check but unfortunately people like you want to see only one side of the coin..

Last edited:
Why are we even talking about Swami Adityanath? Was I defending him? There are idiots in BJP who is denying that but there are idiots who think that anyone who speak in support of BJP is communal.. Neither Swami Adityanath (if he crosses his line) nor the Islamic fanatics should be defended..
Yes,there are people who talk similar to his tone. These are the idiots I disagree with and call them fanatics or ultra nationalist radicals (the certificates you are talking about).

Most of the so called secularists are called sickularists because they blindly support one of these parties and it does not even matter to them that how corrupt & dishonest these parties real are..

Hindu radicalism is a fact but Islamic terrorism is a bigger threat so stop telling me to close my eyes for one and focus on other. Both should be put under check but unfortunately people like you see only one side of the coin..

None of the condemned seculars here have ever supported Mulayam, Mamata or Shazia Ilmis. It was even said several times by me that politicians like Shazia Ilmis or Mamata are equal threat to national security as is Owaisi or Azam Khan. There has not been any major disagreement on this ever.

Last edited:
Yes,there are people who talk similar to his tone. These are the idiots I disagree with and call them fanatics or ultra nationalist radicals (the certificates you are talking about).

I am not the one who is giving any one certificates but someone on the thread you took the post from declared all BJP supporter as communal and wanted to fight to protect secularism aka sickularism.. Go and tell him to stop distributing certificates not me..

I am not the one who is giving any one certificates but someone on the thread you took the post from declared all BJP supporter as communal and wanted to fight to protect secularism aka sickularism.. Go and tell him to stop distributing certificates not me..
Lol!! That's not my problem if someone made that comment. Every body can have his/her personal opinion.

Nah, I am not using the browser for Facebook so I don't really run in to that problem. Stick to the Facebook application for now I guess, because the browser's compatibility issue will be resolved in due time.
I open FB in the app.
But i am facing the attachment upload issue is safari browser despite the iOS 8.0.2 update. :(
Google chrome app is working fine for attachment uploads but i find safari faster and more user friendly.

I open FB in the app.
But i am facing the attachment upload issue is safari browser despite the iOS 8.0.2 update. :(
Google chrome app is working fine for attachment uploads but i find safari faster and more user friendly.

Safari's attachment issue only occurs with Facebook's website right? The Facebook application shouldn't trouble you while Apple optimises iOS's Safari for Facebook. I heard that iOS 8.1 is already under testing so let's hope that fixes the problem.

Safari's attachment issue only occurs with Facebook's website right? The Facebook application shouldn't trouble you while Apple optimises iOS's Safari for Facebook. I heard that iOS 8.1 is already under testing so let's hope that fixes the problem.

No, at least on this site(Pdf) I am having issues while uploading pics using safari.
If I open Facebook on safari then there isnt any issue.
And another problem is copy paste issue.The copy paste function has caused me so much embarrassment recently that I felt like trashing my iphone.
I had gone to check iPhone 6 and note 4 today but unfortunately none of it was available in the shop where I had gone (axiom) though its accessories were available.Did you try it??

And our eid holidays start tomorrow...yippieee!
We are getting 4 days off. :-)
How about you??

Good Morning @Ravi Nair How is life? :-)
Rajdip Sardesai thread was an amazing eye opener, isn't? No matter how much we are claiming ourselves progressive or modernist, at the end of the day we still remained as a bunch of uncivilized, emotional fool with no idea about liberalism or how social and political reckoning can be achieved. The thread is a disappointment Ravi. Sad that I fall in there.
was there ever any doubt? we are like this only.:laughcry:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom