What's new

What is your profession?

Having spent three years in PMA kakul as my dad was Posted there as senior DMO in PMAH. I was greatly inspired of how people in Army had a great and adventurous life. The Charm of Khakee Worthy graved me daydreams. And i always thought If i went into Army i would Voluntarily go to Siachen Galacier(The Highest battle field in the world). As during my collage time i was mostly in circle of kids of othe Army Officers and majority of them had the aspirations to go into Army and they did but when i discussed my plans with my DAD he openly refused.
Well i argued with him quite alot angrily,and almost brought him to point where i thought he would say "Yes go ahead and join Army as theres no comparison Btw a life in Armed Forces specially of Pakistan and living a life as Civillion.", But in the end he said Son " Once you are out of the system Every thing looks beautiful but Once you are in it, Its other way around ".
Well being a Military Guy i didn't find it Feasible to argue with him any further after that last statement .Though i still believe in the difference btw life of an Army officer and that of a very successful civilian.
Things moved on and I got admitted in Fast in Undergrad Computer Engineering and my friends went in Army .
One thing still believe and which i could not say to my dad was " If you are a very successful person in the Civil Getup either as an engineer or Businessman, The girl's parents will give you a rishta without even consulting with there daughter but if you are an Army Officer in the prestigious institution like Pakistan Army the girl will submit herself to you" A thing i noticed in almost many girls i met be it the girls which i made friends at my uni, or my cousins or the girls with whom i studied with at collage. Unfortunately girls these days are selfishly materialistic.
Well dosto thats my dukhi(sad) little story, but now i am in the Final semester and i am doing very good. Aghay bhi usi Khuda ka sahara he InshaAllah i will one day stop regretting that i could have joined Army.

Please do share your thoughts on what you wanted to be and where you ended up as far as profession is concerned..!!!
Though your father was a Doc there, but he definitely knew that Army was not a child's play.

You can be thankful and regretful at the same time, that's the fun of not joining the Army. ;)

It was most interesting coming across various co-member's professions.

I must say it did bring some surprises.. Also some cases were quite obvious like most active posters being from IT sector.

I'm a chemical engineer by qualification and worked for more then 12 years for Indian Petroleum Refineries as Process Engineer. Presently working for a Bahraini company in similar capacity since last one year.

Want to be a entrepreneur some day and do social work side by side. Presently the urge to do some serious social work is suppressed due to want of some self sustaining entrepreneurship venture to go side by side. I have to think for my sons too, hence cannot afford to quit the boring but salaried life..

1.aye aye captain.
2.Pakistan has always been in downturn so this is not applicable for Pakistan.
3.Ok.
4.Hmmm such as a Big Bank?

2. Dont tell Riaz that ;). Jokes apart, 2000-2007 was a great period fo Pakistani Stock exchanges, so that should give you a good idea
4. Yes. Being managed by a reputed brand is always good..

Though your father was a Doc there, but he definitely knew that Army was not a child's play.

You can be thankful and regretful at the same time, that's the fun of not joining the Army. ;)

ofcourse , whenever the cadets at PMA went on a long March or an Ex , The Medic used to carry more 10,000 syringes and incredibly even those sometimes proved short of demand. And the Bloody Boxing Matches, + The stafa shouting right at your mouth as he has a loud spaeker in his throat, "SAAAAAB ye Ap kia kar rahi hein " and the sight of more than 50 cadets getting bent down infront of MI-Room just before the exams(some of them were realy sick and not facking) :partay:

ofcourse , whenever the cadets at PMA went on a long March or an Ex , The Medic used to carry more 10,000 syringes and incredibly even those sometimes proved short of demand. And the Bloody Boxing Matches, + The stafa shouting right at your mouth as he has a loud spaeker in his throat, "SAAAAAB ye Ap kia kar rahi hein " and the sight of more than 50 cadets getting bent down infront of MI-Room just before the exams(some of them were realy sick and not facking) :partay:
Hi
Don't forget the cold baths on rooftop's during winters of Kakul

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

yup and the 9-mile with just shorts and Banyan on specially when its snowing ..clasic view :D
Hi
when ill go to bed in few moments, i wont forget to thank God for providing me all the comforts that i could have asked for, man only thinking about 9 mile gave me the stomach cramps

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom