What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islamabad_International_Airport_Pakistan.jpg

When it is finished this will be the New Islamabad Airport - one of the worlds best.

Best Airports - 2010 asia

(1) Singapore
(2) Seoul Incheon
(3) Hong Kong
(4) Bangkok
(5) Kuala Lumpur
(6) Tokyo Narita
(7) Hyderabad
(8) Taipei Taoyuan
(9) --
(10) --

Worst Airports - 2010 asia
(1) Manila
(2) New Delhi
(3) Beijing
(4) Bombay
(5) Islamabad
(6) Hanoi
(7) Chennai
(8) Jakarta
(9) Bangalore
(10) Denpasar

Best & Worst Airports | Asia 2010

When it is finished this will be the New Islamabad Airport - one of the worlds best.

Here is the video for the New Islamabad International Airport. (currently under construction).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hyderabad, Delhi among world's best airports - Rediff.com Business

India's airports are making a mark on the international aviation map. Two airports from India have bagged the top honours from the Airport Council International.

While the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) in Hyderabad has been ranked as the world's best airport (in the 5 to 15 million passengers category), Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) was conferred the fourth best airport award in the world (in the 15-25 million category) and 'Best Improved Airport' in the Asia Pacific Region in recognition of its substantial improvement in passenger amenities

Theres a demand to create better infrastructure in India know. Know however, India has the money to nake it happen. In 20-30 years, we will see how Delhi would look.

In the coming years, you will see more and more mega projects from India.

212334363_dbb0bb1ba9.jpg

Coming soon......

centaurus_7star_pk_08.jpg

Coming on nicely.

looks like it has made some progress since i left a few months ago :)

These are very old pictures of the centaurus. The three towers of centaurus are topped out and cladding is going to begin soon and so is the hotel tower.

I have actually spent time in delhi, to be frank parts of it are like a toilet, Islamabad is comparison is beautiful, clean, and wonderfully organised with all amenities - it's no contest.

i live in delhi and i have been to silamabad also,so i know how true you are :agree:

Best Airports - 2010 asia

(1) Singapore
(2) Seoul Incheon
(3) Hong Kong
(4) Bangkok
(5) Kuala Lumpur
(6) Tokyo Narita
(7) Hyderabad
(8) Taipei Taoyuan
(9) --
(10) --

(1) Manila
(2) New Delhi
(3) Beijing
(4) Bombay
(5) Islamabad
(6) Hanoi
(7) Chennai
(8) Jakarta
(9) Bangalore
(10) Denpasar

Best & Worst Airports | Asia 2010

haha what!?
I read it from quite a few sources that Delhi airport was 4th best,Hyderabad topped in it's category and Mumbai airport was also in the list.

So you meant to say that Beijing,Delhi airport are worse than Islambad?:rofl:
In fiscal year 2007-2008, over 4.8 million passengers used Benazir Bhutto International Airport. 49,775 aircraft movements were registered
Benazir Bhutto International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indira Gandhi International Airport has become India's and South Asia's largest and most important aviation hub, with a current capacity of handling more than 46 million passengers and aimed at handling more than 100 million passengers by 2030. It along with Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, handles more than half of the air traffic in South Asia.[3][4][5] For the period of Apr–Nov 2010, it was the busiest airport in terms of international and overall passenger traffic.[6]
Indira Gandhi International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Delhi handles almost 10 times more passengers,both international and domestic in a year.
Islambad and Delhi don't even fall in the same category,IGIA is way way larger and the busiest airport.

Also check the length of Wiki page for Islamabad airport and the length of page for IGIA.Big difference!

^ Dude, number of passengers or size of wikipedia article is not how you determine how good an airport is.

Islamabad is getting a new one anyway in about 2 years, which should be on par with the best in the region in terms of quality. Let's discuss that airport instead.

How can you discuss an under development Airport against one of the busiest airports in Asia?IGIA is far better.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

^ Dude, number of passengers or size of wikipedia article is not how you determine how good an airport is.

Islamabad is getting a new one anyway in about 2 years, which should be on par with the best in the region in terms of quality. Let's discuss that airport instead.

Let's compare how good an airport is,in your own way,okay??I bet Delhi still wins by milesss

It's not my way, dude. It's THE way you determine an airport.

So your way of determining an airport's quality is

1) Number of travelers
2) Wikipedia article size

If you want to use 1 as a way to determine an airport, know that Atlanta is the busiest airport in the world yet won't come anywhere near the top in the rankings. It's just because it's an airport that is closest to where a lot of people live. For 2, obviously there's 10000x more Indian editors on wikipedia. Go figure. Not sure but with your types of argument, I'd think you're like 14 years old.

The new airport, as I said, will be on par with the best.

(1) Manila
(2) New Delhi
(3) Beijing
(4) Bombay
(5) Islamabad
(6) Hanoi
(7) Chennai
(8) Jakarta
(9) Bangalore
(10) Denpasar

This seems BS. Banglore airport is like just made right?

watch video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom