What's new

What India's Stealth UCAV 'AURA' May Look Like-Live Fist

This is just a rumor by a defense journalist. Remember he predicted how EF had won the MMRCA contest? :lol:

The artistic impression looks like a reconnaissance or at best a stealth bomber ( much like the LM RQ-170 Sentinel -)

The UCAV under development is DRDO Rustam-H

IMG_3792.JPG

The tactical reconnaissance version, Rustom-1 has already completed a lot of test flights and may go into production soon.

First flight video

Last edited by a moderator:
LF_AURA_1.jpg

LF_AURA_2.jpg

Commissioned exclusively for Livefist, and unofficially endorsed by a couple of people familiar with the secret programme, these are the first 3D artist's impressions of India's stealth unmanned combat aerial vehicle, AURA, a programme first revealed here on Livefist two years ago. Currently in the preliminary design phase, the AURA is likely to draw design philosophies and technologies from the European flying wing UCAV concepts. Artist Anurag Rana had little to work with apart from the scant impressions that appeared here on Livefist from official documentation. As more details emerge, these impressions will be progressively updated and modified, so stay tuned.

Livefist: EXCLUSIVE: What India's Stealth UCAV 'AURA' May Look Like
Looks like B-2 bomber to me ><

I have heard that PAC Burraq is active since 2009 and they have kept it secret, by just saying that it is being flight tested. So what's your opinion and there are more in development.

I have heard that PAC Burraq is active since 2009 and they have kept it secret, by just saying that it is being flight tested. So what's your opinion and there are more in development.
Nope, its scheduled to flight test in mid 2012.....

Looks stealthy remind's me of something Batman would use :)

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Was the use of these high tech weapons if we won't even use them on targets like hafiz saeed?:angry:

Stealth ?? Visual Stealth ?? or any other stealth ??
You can not say that some aircraft is stealthy or not just by visual looks. Common people like us poorely defined the term stealth.

You don't need high tech weapons to target terrorists like Hafiz Saeed, you just need political will. We have enough technical capibilities to kill 1000 Hafiz saeed.

too good to be true ...anyway it sure har a fat centre line(more missiles or may be a revolving magziene type wepons bay) but why a wide exhoust????

are they going for two engines????

the exhaust depends on the size of the main fuselage. flat and wide exhaust gives more stability with reduced infra rc. Plus there is an extended fuselage beneath the exhaust to minimize the infra rc..

looks like single engine.

Yeah Burraq has not entered in the service yet. There were some flight testing but you are right that the project is kept secret. So no one can even tell us if the project has hit some roadblocks. If there are silence mostly the projects are stalled because of some technical snag.
Main point here is we are not talking about turboprops, we are talking about turbofan. Burraq is like Rustam 1 which is most likely to enter in service this year itself while we are listening nothing about Burraq.

the only way this project is possible under present circumstances if the french helps with their in puts and tech from neuron project . but personally ill be happy to see something like predator drone in indias arsenal

That guy, shiv aroor is famous for bullshitting, he's like the second TOI to me, always, writing non sensical stuff, anyone can make such predictions, it's not a confirmed news, so no need of "this looks like B-2" etc. required... let it come out and then we will see, although it will have that V shaped design as it's the best design for a stealth aircraft, it's not a replica of anything

That guy, shiv aroor is famous for bullshitting, he's like the second TOI to me, always, writing non sensical stuff, anyone can make such predictions, it's not a confirmed news, so no need of "this looks like B-2" etc. required... let it come out and then we will see, although it will have that V shaped design as it's the best design for a stealth aircraft, it's not a replica of anything

actually Shiv is one the better Indian defense analysts and his non biased straight forward reporting on Indian defense stories for Headlines today earned him several rewards i believe.

Bl[i]tZ;2594497 said:
This is just a rumor by a defense journalist. Remember he predicted how EF had won the MMRCA contest? :lol:

The artistic impression looks like a reconnaissance or at best a stealth bomber ( much like the LM RQ-170 Sentinel -)

The tactical reconnaissance version, Rustom-1 has already completed a lot of test flights and may go into production soon.

DRDO officially acknowledged existence of AURA project. They are developing a stealth UCAV like the one reported by Shiv.

Dude thats not what ADA website says. Almost everyone on this forum knows about AURA which is now also called as Indian Unmanned Strike Air Vehicle (IUSAV).

Back
Top Bottom