What's new

What Hollywood found in India

If you sum up the whole article, the only advantage which revolves around India is "being cheap" and a sustainable economy cannot be built over cost-cutting. I hope India is going to utilize this window of opportunity to crop its own home grown talent and grow as a hub of 3D animation in the future which competes on creativity rather than cheap outsourced labor work of drawing characters and animating them!

India in the early 2000's was just that, a cheap outsourcing destination for getting low end IT done, but now it has evolved into R&D destination for big IT firms. Now the same thing will happen in animation. Its a step by step process and it is taking first steps in 3D animation, give them couple of years and maybe some of these cheap labor will start working on their own films.

i was wondering wat can saudi arabia offer other than oil???
i guess Saudi arabia doesnt have 10% of talented people that india has....lol u virtually live on Oil.....when engines starts to run on hydrogen,ull starve and ride on camel :rofl:

You fool, you don't know anything. Believe it or not Saudi Arabia has one of the world's biggest petrochemical plants in the world. They make plastics, petrochemical products that you cannot even dream of. Unlike your country they make use of their oil. Also even if they don't have oil, they would gain enough money from holy pilgrimages. Don't forget that they have invested huge amounts of dollars all over the world, and this is something no one dares to do. Finally, they have gold--- LOTSSS OFf GOLD.MEMBERRRRRS!!! :rofl: :agree::moil:

Cheap, of course. India also has the required IT infra and talent po ol for high end 3D animation. So you can say 'cheap and best'

:rofl: at 'cheap and best.' Cheap maybe. Best? Please, don't delude yourself. India IT is horrible. Ask any company outsourced IT project to India. India programmers are consistently ranked at the bottom. You are just cheap.

Guys, fun fact:

Nearly 80% of all Emirates airline staff are Indians.

As far the topic goes:
It is feasible for Hollywood to bag interests in India.

Maybe the Saudis should kick out the many thousands of Indians living there??

that`s gr8 for you no?your dreams are going too high keep it up..
appl.gif

:rofl: at 'cheap and best.' Cheap maybe. Best? Please, don't delude yourself. India IT is horrible. Ask any company outsourced IT project to India. India programmers are consistently ranked at the bottom. You are just cheap.
If this is the case then India's IT industry should have died by now. You're not only jealous but you're wrong at the same time.

For the topic:
SAADA HAQ, ITTHE RAKH!!

As a business person I would like to highlight a few things:

business is normally derived from profit motive and a win-win situation for all stakeholders

Indian IT services have a reputation of delivering low cost services as well as Quality services
The Quality aspect and service standards are highlighted in the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) signed between the customer and service provider.
Indian IT is not the best.
It does not need to be.
As long as it serves the purpose of the customer it will thrive and keep on thriving
Business strategy is never constant
It changes with the environment
So, as far as innovation and productisation is concerned the Indian IT companies have the vision to see 10 years ahead
That is why a lot of capital expediture is being incurred in innvovation, R&D and developing expertise and talent pool.
Once again, politicians from the Western world might highlight cheap, dirt, poverty of Indian services
They are serving their constituency - the voters who are scared to lose jobs to a cheap Indian
The business person on the other hand would go beyoond the rhetoric and do what's best for their business..
They are serving their constituency - sustainiability in the highly cometitive world

Then what is the point in using it :S the films will look 10 times better without it

You know any major IT company without Indians? IBM,Microsoft are pretty much Indian companies with headquarters in the U.S. Not very different from Cognizant.

I think he meant that the working environment is cheap.---That is something i would 100% agree on. But in business terms, the IT industry in India is successful.

I think he meant that the working environment is cheap.---That is something i would 100% agree on. But in business terms, the IT industry in India is successful.

Don't understand the bit about working environment. Most IT campuses in India are huge with pretty much every facility that can be thought of. Most of them are very close to resorts in their nature. The only thing comparably cheap is the IT talent though even that is debatable. Most middle level staff enjoy a standard of living much higher than any in the West since their salaries are only marginally lesser than what they would earn in the west but goes much further here because of the difference in the cost of living. Only entry level is staffed by people with substantially different pay as compared to the West but still much higher than what is commonly believed.

India has a word-class IT industry now. And they are literally worth billions.

If you sum up the whole article, the only advantage which revolves around India is "being cheap" and a sustainable economy cannot be built over cost-cutting. I hope India is going to utilize this window of opportunity to crop its own home grown talent and grow as a hub of 3D animation in the future which competes on creativity rather than cheap outsourced labor work of drawing characters and animating them!

LoL if I would then sum up your post, it is an totally absurd conclusion.

Cost cannot be looked at in isolation, specially when the quality of the work is not intended to be compromised. Hence it means that these international studios can get done work of their desired quality at a lesser cost in India. Now that is sustainable by all means. Is it not? If you do not agree then next time, add the logic for it too.

If quality processes with optimized cost was not sustainable way of progressing with a business model, I wonder what really would be. Asking for aid 24 x 7 then?

Back
Top Bottom