What's new

What do modern day Indians think of Britain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type 052D

Reaction score
Positive or Negative? What are the averge Indians opinion on the UK? How you members do see 21st century Britain as? An mighty powerful nation or a declining superpower?

We don't care. We look at UK as any other western nation. We judge their actions as bad or good. Otherwise as a secular democracy that largely agrees with India on international front, I guess most Indians would have a generally positive opinion of the nation, but the same would apply to any other western nation.

We do not like that they proudly display valuables they stole from us, but its a small emotional issue - more an irritant.

If conflict between China and the UK happens, who's side would indians be with? Would they rejoin a commonwealth force?

If conflict between China and the UK happens, who's side would indians be with? Would they rejoin a commonwealth force?

If it helps India in any way it will.. I personally don't see how it will help India and hence India most definitely stay away..

hypothetical question.............but interesting....as for me..i would vote for china... west always played one against other....and is the sole reason for the disturbance in asia....but i think india takes a NAM stance unless it have any interest

@topic...i think that britan is a declining power..other players may play a bigger role...atleast looking by the curretn scenario..and no hard feelings for the britan except for the indo-pak partition,divide and rule policy,looting the wealth,and kohinoor,and peacock throne..also they have done a few good things..so my avg feeling is not a friend or foe

We would be more than happy if China go and teach some manners to UK. :china:

P.S. Whenever China take on UK plz tell us in advance, We have some old business to settle with UK. :D

Seriously, that scenario is hilarious. This isn't the opium war days. Who do you think Britain is now?

India will stay neutral if something like that ever happens.

China going around teaching manners to other countries is not a good precedent. Britain is no threat to India, but China is, not to mention china is arming pakistan just to create more threat for India, do not forget china protected terrorist orgs like JUD in UNSC multiple times.

About the opinion of UK, Indians hated English when they ruled over us but we donot consider them as enemies or seek any thing from them.
After independence lot has changed in India and Indians only want good relationship with UK. If there a war between UK and China India will stay neutral as long as its strategic interests are not threatened, Indians no longer have any emotional hatred on the English people.

P.S. Whenever China take on UK plz tell us in advance, We have some old business to settle with UK. :D

hahahaha buddy...u.k=N.A.T.O.......why do you think that u.k fights alone.....
but i always wonder what would be the result of N.A.TO vs china,ind,russ,pak
well i know its a world war scenario......and i obviously dont endorse it..but the thought struck me...besides majority of oil is in aisa..

China going around teaching manners to other countries is not a good precedent. Britain is no threat to India, but China is, not to mention china is arming pakistan just to create more threat for India, do not forget china protected terrorist orgs like JUD in UNSC multiple times.

Do you forget when in '71 Britain have targeted to attack India ? but China do not move it's troops despite hot words from USA.

Britain needs to realize who is boss now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom