What's new

What do Indians think of Timurlane?

Yes and that's why the ones with massive inferiority complex are always the northern hindi speaking indians :rofl:

When I was satisfied with the destruction I had dealt out to the infidels, and the land was cleansed from the pollution of their existence, I turned back victorious and triumphant, laden with spoil. On that same day I crossed the Ganges. and said my mid.day prayers in the congregation on the bank of that river. I prostrated myself in humble thanks to God, and afterwards again mounting my horse, marched five miles down the river and then encainped. It now occurred to my mind that I had marched as a conqueror from the river Sind to Dehli, the capital of the kings of India. I had put the infidels to the edge of the sword on both sides of my route, and had scoured the land; I had seized upon the throne of the kings of India; I had defeated Sultan Mahmud, the king of Delhi, and triumphed over him; I had crossed the rivers Ganges and Jumna, and I had sent many of the abominable infidels to hell, and had purified the land from their foul existence. I rendered thanks to Almighty God that I had accomplished my undertaking, and had waged against the infidels that holy war I had resolved upon: then I determined to turn my course towards Samarkand, my capital and paradise. On the 6th of the month I mounted and proceeded towards the heavy baggage, and having travelled several kos, I encamped, and sent some yurutchis (quarter-masters) to go and bring up the baggage.

You need some serious help. I would never on the lowest day praise the slaughtering of Chinese by the Japanese or Mongols.

And I'm sure the butchering the Mongols did to the Hans was leagues a head of what Timur did to India, Iran, Iraq, etc. So I think you would sympathise.

It's hard to tell if Indians also dislike Timur

We hate Timur alot but unfortunately its our western neighbour who has a wiered habit of hero worshipping all those barbaric invaders who commited mass attrocities on their own ancestors

Anglos saved indians from their 800 year subjugation under Central Asian conquerors

Lol ever heard of Shivaji Maharaj

So were the muslims who bought the light of islam to europe.

Even from hindu epic Ram waged war on lanka for dharma and krishna supported mahabharata again for dharma which killed so many billions in kurukshetra.

You have given me few great insight.

>> Timur brought light of islam to India
Till now I thought Isalm arrived 5 centuries before Timur in subcontinent.

Islam was light :cheesy: seeing the condition of islamic world I wonder what is darkness.

>> Mahabharat Ramayan.
I never knew at any point of time these wars were religious your augmented my knowledge (To be explicit I am sarcastic). May be it not your personal fault .... some people (especially muslims) do have restricted view.

You need some serious held. I would never on the lowest day praise the slaughtering of Chinese by the Japanese or Mongols.

And I'm sure the butchering the Mongols did to the Hans was leagues a head of what Timur did to India, Iran, Iraq, etc. So I think you would sympathise.
Look at the way they wiped out your language and history..... and realize all your paternal genes come from these conquerors because the hindu men were all castrated and sent to the Middle East to build monuments ;)

indians attacked Timur first, thinking Timur was weak and wanted to exploit him, so Timur was only defending himself. Can't blame him at all.

Look at the way they wiped out your language and history..... and realize all your paternal genes come from these conquerors ;)

indians attacked Timur first, thinking Timur was weak and wanted to exploit him, so Timur was only defending himself. Can't blame him at all.

2qn4pk8.jpg

I pity this moron, I really do. I would almost justify the Nanking massacre or the Mongol slaughter of China or the Manchu brutality, but that I would be lowering myself to this guy.

Yes and that's why the ones with massive inferiority complex are always the northern hindi speaking indians :rofl:

When I was satisfied with the destruction I had dealt out to the infidels, and the land was cleansed from the pollution of their existence, I turned back victorious and triumphant, laden with spoil. On that same day I crossed the Ganges. and said my mid.day prayers in the congregation on the bank of that river. I prostrated myself in humble thanks to God, and afterwards again mounting my horse, marched five miles down the river and then encainped. It now occurred to my mind that I had marched as a conqueror from the river Sind to Dehli, the capital of the kings of India. I had put the infidels to the edge of the sword on both sides of my route, and had scoured the land; I had seized upon the throne of the kings of India; I had defeated Sultan Mahmud, the king of Delhi, and triumphed over him; I had crossed the rivers Ganges and Jumna, and I had sent many of the abominable infidels to hell, and had purified the land from their foul existence. I rendered thanks to Almighty God that I had accomplished my undertaking, and had waged against the infidels that holy war I had resolved upon: then I determined to turn my course towards Samarkand, my capital and paradise. On the 6th of the month I mounted and proceeded towards the heavy baggage, and having travelled several kos, I encamped, and sent some yurutchis (quarter-masters) to go and bring up the baggage.

Mentally sick revelling in massacres. You don't require outsiders your great mao killed more than 20 million of your people but I sympathize with you thats the difference

C'mon the guy was just a myth. If he really existed why didn't he leave even one single hindu-ruled kingdom? Mughals were still in charge when the Anglos arrived to save indians.

And that's why you love those Anglos today :rofl:

Mentally sick revelling in massacres. You don't require outsiders your great mao killed more than 20 million of your people but I sympathize with you that the difference.
One cannot understand the indian mentality unless one understands Timur's massacre makes indians today feel so inferior from the day they are born to the day they die. :lol:

Look at the way they wiped out your language and history..... and realize all your paternal genes come from these conquerors because the hindu men were all castrated and sent to the Middle East to build monuments ;)

Indian history, language/script, civilizations is still alive. I dont know what you're talking about.

C'mon the guy was just a myth. If he really existed why didn't he leave even one single hindu-ruled kingdom? Mughals were still in charge when the Anglos arrived to save indians.

Oh great. You're basically clueless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maratha_Empire
Marathas.GIF

empire.jpg

The Marathas left the Mughals in Delhi. The British defeated the Mughals and made them a puppet. But the Mughals weren't powerful anymore.

He is one of many invaders of India. In most nations, invaders are despised. But with how many Indians adore Britih imperialist! It's hard to tell if Indians also dislike Timur

You need to understand why British for some are considered better than the other invaders. In Kerala, The Hindus and Syrian Christians sided with the British ultimately over Tipu.......They were considered the lesser of two evils...

One cannot understand the indian mentality unless one understands Timur's massacre makes indians today feel so inferior from the day they are born to the day they die. :lol:

Actually you admitted to admiring him, and even compared him to Mao Zedong.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/166728-maratha-war-independence-2.html

Then a Pakistani told me he is fake and changed my mind :azn:

What a coincidence this guy is supposed to be a great hindu conqueror but when the Anglos come there is no trace anymore..... only the Mughals are still there!
:woot:

He didnt conqueror much. He fought guerrilla warfare and kept the Mughals at bay. The Maratha empire became bigger after him with the peshwas.

The British came and only the Mughals are there? Lol, dude you dont know Indian history. It's like me talking about Chinese history.

The British came and fought the Sikh empire, Mysore empire, Maratha empire. Which means the Mughals lost a lot of land by then.

The British only attacked when the Mughals were a shadow of their former self.

Even when the British fought Bengal it wasn't under Mughal control anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Buxar

Bengal was independent.

We hate Timur alot but unfortunately its our western neighbour who has a wiered habit of hero worshipping all those barbaric invaders who commited mass attrocities on their own ancestors

Last time I checked only one nation has the emblem of a genocidal murderer on their flag
I'l give you a hint, it isn't Pakistan ;)

Its not even a challenge talking to you people about history. You people accuse others of everything you, yourselves, are doing.
It's like a thief thinking everyone else is a thief.

People are looking at the phenomenon of horse-nomadism as a form subsistance which leads to certain convergencies in life-style and social organisation.

One of the primary effects is that pastoralism, the need to travel with and defend, herds of animals, produces skills and abilities that are extremly militarily useful as well.

Horse nomad society obviously wasn't possible before the domestication of the horse as a riding animal. First to make their appearence were the Skythians, whom the Greek knew quite well. They seem to be regarded as pretty much European, whatever one wants to put into that term precisely.

You then get at least partially horse-nomadic groups getting into empire-building in the form of Medes, Persians, Indo-skythians, Bactrians etc.

What they all have in common are horses, livestock and a way of life structured around these.

Then there's another crucial aspect if horse-nomadic societies: Being primarily nomadic, they struggle to produce a number of things and commodities that sedantary agriculturalist societies provide - be that Chinese, Mid Eastern or European agriculturalists. I.e. the lifestyle of these nomadic peoples would be in the long run untenable, if they weren't able to interact with the agricultural societies around the central Eurasian plains, to get certain crucial goods from them.

Now, that interaction can and did take a certain number of forms. Provided the agriculturalists were prowerful and well organised, the nomads would tend to need to adopt a relatively peaceful attitude and trade for things.

However, horse-nomad society working like it did - meaning a life-style that built and honed skills that were individually useful for a warrior, while the collective responsibility for herds of animals meant a need for organisation and group-action - at some point some enterprising nomad, looking at the agiculturalists somewhere, would say to his mates: "Those look soft enough. I bet we could just ride right in and take whatever we want, and kill anyone who tried to stop us. What'd'ye say?"

And that is the basic situation which set up about 2000 years of Eurasian history of see-sawing between the sedantary agriculturalists along the coasts basically, and the successions of horse-nomadic empire builders that ruled over the central Eurasian grasslands. It was a constant ebb-and-flow of new enterprising nomadic empires, and the agriculturalists beating them back, or just assimilating them as the bastards last to arrive aspiring to form the ruling elite, as the case might be.

Even if the words were formulated by the Greeks on behalf of the ancient Persians, there seems to have been a fairly rapid realisation on the part of these conquering nomads, that at the point of settling down to enjoy the fruits of their conquests, they were already sowing the seeds of their own demise. Forget which of the Mongols supposedly said it, but a salient observation is that one could conquer the world on horseback, but not rule it from there.

The pinnacle of horse-nomadism were obviously the Mongols, who pushed the concept further and more radically than anyone ever before. In essence the gambit was a kind of attempt at creating a form of permanent, institutionalised system of raiding-as-permanent-conquest of all these agriculturalist societies they came across. Very impressive. Extremely destructive. And not even the best shot by the Mongols was destined to last.

In the end, it's all about how societies support themseves - subsistance models and economy - and bugger all about ethnicity, or "race" for that matter.

What we then got in history was a situation transiting from the Middle Ages to the Early Modern Age, where the situation in the agriculturalist societies changed sufficiently to make them too powerful for the horse-nomads to be able to effectively challenge, like the previously had.

A great point of view from a friend at historum at the rule of the horse nomads/tribals and their leaders attila,genghis,timur.
Once the agrarian plain based societies began to deploy gunpowder en masse and negated their cavalry/archery advantage they were finished.So they had their time in the sun and with the coming of industrialization were rendered obsolete.

yes they were religious.

then in that case the one needs to question if such a religion needs to exist..
As I have sadi ealier , islam is not a religious, its just a unique imperialist scheme propgated by Mohammed. he copied other religions, added his own stories and radicalised people and converted others by the sword. thus the DNA of Islam is of an evil nature.

Back
Top Bottom