What's new

What do Indians think of Timurlane?

may be those were not good muslim or the muslims doing the shrik.

Lol, yeah ok. Those were his political opponents he literally made pyramids of skulls in Iran. Do you think these conquerors were seriously religious?

So were the muslims who bought the light of islam to europe.

Even from hindu epic Ram waged war on lanka for dharma and krishna supported mahabharata again for dharma which killed so many billions in kurukshetra.

Those Hindu rulers cared about power, money, etc more. Just like most invaders.

All religions are equally sublime to the ignorant, useful to the politician, and ridiculous to the philosopher. - Lucretius (94 BC - 49 BC)

However, Timurlane was probably dumb and was a religious fanatic. Still didn't stop him from massacring a lot of Muslims though.

So he's a bit confusing.

Those Hindu rulers cared about power, money, etc more. Just like most invaders.

All religions are equally sublime to the ignorant, useful to the politician, and ridiculous to the philosopher. - Lucretius (94 BC - 49 BC)

However, Timurlane was probably dumb and was a religious fanatic. Still didn't stop him from massacring a lot of Muslims though.
so you mean to say Ram and Krishna were wrong in waging wars.

Interesting to see Indian attitudes on invaders.
They seem to forget that their language, much of their religion and their very nature are based on these central Asian invaders. They Aryans conquered their land, mind and spirit so much so that Indians get violently upset if you even suggest that they were invaders.

As for Timur lane, he was good for central Asia but a pest for the rest of the world.
Interestingly, Babur was a decedent of Timur lane and justified his conquest of India by saying it was his right to rule India since his for father Timur lane had already conquered it.

So were the muslims who bought the light of islam to europe.

Even from hindu epic Ram waged war on lanka for dharma and krishna supported mahabharata again for dharma which killed so many billions in kurukshetra.
We are talking about looters and rapists and you are giving example of our Gods. Both are not in same category.

Kindly refrain from bringing Hinduism here.

AHAH, good one
Now every brain cell in their mind will be focus on cognitive dissonance.
Its only bad until their heroes/Gods do it. :rolleyes:

AHAH, good one
Now every brain cell in their mind will be focus on cognitive dissonance.
Its only bad until their heroes/Gods do it. :rolleyes:

It makes no difference.

I bet Ashoka remained a tyrant after he massacred Kalinga. And used Buddhism for his own political gain.

I don't know anything about the Hindu epics. But I do believe those in charge did fight for resources, political gain, etc.

Why do you say "those in charge" when referring to Hindu invaders/ warmongers
But only say "Muslims" when referring to Islamic invaders/warmongers?

Do you think that Hindus are magically superior to other people and when Hindus do bad things it is only the leaders fault, while when others do bad things, it is the entire people?

He is saying Ram and Krishna were not religious fanatics, nor looters or rapists. There is a difference. Keep the discussion clean and don't bring Gods here.

Why do you say "those in charge" when referring to Hindu invaders/ warmongers
But only say "Muslims" when referring to Islamic invaders/warmongers?

Do you think that Hindus are magically superior to other people and when Hindus do bad things it is only the leaders fault, while when others do bad things, it is the entire people?

I'm not even Hindu. And many times I have said are these conquers true Muslims.

I think all religion is equally lame.

I put those in charge", because I don't even know the leaders of that period. I gave Ashoka as an example.

Back
Top Bottom