What's new

What can Pakistan learn from Indian education system

Is not better for government to have one syllabus and one standard of education for all its citizens ?

There are multiple systems in Pakistani schools and these systems are partly why there is such a huge gap between the different peoples of Pakistan

I like this guy Mooed

This is a really very very serous & imp.subject what i think why Indian education system did good was to have a common (CBSE & AISSE) type boards at the school level in past they had board exams at 10th gradeSecondry(till then a student had to learn one local langauge, english, maths, social sience...civics,history,geography &sience bio,physics&chemistry)then after that a student my choose diff streams like huamnities...litrature,commerceor siencebio,chem,maths orphisics , chemistry,maths...which he /she gave his 12th grade senior secondry board exam's which now nly there is one board exam's ..ie 12th grade, which make the base foundation of any student for further studies...and that is very very imp for any system .
them are similar exams at state or central level..University Grand Commision then comes so called higher education but the base is the key and iff Pakistan has to imrove it has to do the same only then it can hope to achive a parity with International class education ..i would like to discuss the issue with any concerned Pakistani freind in this regards hope i dont get BANNED for it...Thanks Again

Last edited by a moderator:
Please put : "Higher education of United States" ... The American High School system ( Class 1 - class 12 ) makes people dumb! I remember , I used to get higher grades in US history than other white students :lol: Also , in America ..... students would come to school everyday with wearing TONS of make-up , fashions and what not....Same goes for guys..Some guys would wear three-piece just to come to school :rolleyes:

But yeah , Pakistanis should learn from Americans that;

1-Education is C O P U L S O R Y ! No matter what!!!!!
2- Focus on higher education and don't put too much stress on students
3-Try to make education "enjoyable"
4- Develop your OWN education system ...that would instill patriotism in the students and prepare them for the international arena at the same time.
5- NO ratta!

And inspite of this Americans produce personalities like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates (who are essentially college dropouts) and have highest number of Nobel Prizes to their name.How many did Pakistan or in that case India produce?..not to mention students from South Asia would kill to get a seat in a prestigious US university.

I have seen many Pakistanis and Indians gloating over the 'higher' standard of science education in Pakistan & India..but I am yet to see its effect in the real world.

This is a really very very serous & imp.subject what i think why Indian education system did good was to have a common (CBSE & AISSE) type boards at the school level in past they had board exams at 10th gradeSecondry(till then a student had to learn one local langauge, english, maths, social sience...civics,history,geography &sience bio,physics&chemistry)then after that a student my choose diff streams like huamnities...litrature,commerceor siencebio,chem,maths orphisics , chemistry,maths...which he /she gave his 12th grade senior secondry board exam's which now nly there is one board exam's ..ie 12th grade, which make the base foundation of any student for further studies...and that is very very imp for any system .
them are similar exams at state or central level..University Grand Commision then comes so called higher education but the base is the key and iff Pakistan has to imrove it has to do the same only then it can hope to achive a parity with International class education ..i would like to discuss the issue with any concerned Pakistani freind in this regards hope i dont get BANNED for it...Thanks Again

Pakistan has nothing to learn from India wrt education apart from making it a priority. We are facing the same problem as them.
One thing I am sure about, even poor in India understands education is key to success in life.
I am sure same would be in pakistan.

"Attainment of knowledge is a must for every Muslim." Hadith.

Knowledge and Education are not necessarily the same thing.

Knowledge is the possession and grasp of information

While Education is the indoctrination of information that a particular group deems fit for you.

On that note, I would comment on the Indian education from my experience of Indian students in Dubai is that they have a heavy emphasis on mugging up everything - I am talking about the CBSE system. Except of course Maths, Indian students without exception were better than us at MAths.

I came from the IGCSE background, while our Maths may be weak but we excelled at a solid understanding of Chemistry, Biology, English, Computers and even to some degree Physics (where a lot of practical Maths is used). The British system obviously trumps the Indian one.

But still the real difference for me was when I joined Uni in the American education system, I was impressed. Very high passing marks, even higher marks that are considered half decent and of course holistic knowledge. I think I came out a very well allrounded person because while studying hard core computer subjects I learned about classical music of Mozart or I learned about Monet and Manet... I learned about effective Business communication and while learning Alama Iqbal's Javed Nama.

So my vote would go to the American education system from my experiences.

I agree more or less with Asim Aquil.

In india the problem is that people ARE mugging up subjects, and education as it is suffering.

That said India has its share of good and bad, some of the guys are really good, I have a few friends which are brilliant and will do well in life.

We need to open up research institutions, where practical knowledge and skill are offered.India is doing its bit in this regard, and has started to lay emphasis on science research institutes, R&D etc.
Pakistan should invest in this field, R&D is very important...

people should know than Indian education department is the most corrupt department in India..it hinders innovative thinking...
the students from elite institutions like IIT/IIMs just crave for handsome job in overseas and the super rich of our country keeps funding foreign universities(Oxford/Cambridge)..a person is considered literate if he can write his name..so what Pakistan can possibly learn from India??:what:

I agree more or less with Asim Aquil.

In india the problem is that people ARE mugging up subjects, and education as it is suffering.

That said India has its share of good and bad, some of the guys are really good, I have a few friends which are brilliant and will do well in life.

We need to open up research institutions, where practical knowledge and skill are offered.India is doing its bit in this regard, and has started to lay emphasis on science research institutes, R&D etc.
Pakistan should invest in this field, R&D is very important...

People who thing education is indocrination are having an ideal expectation.
Before universal education was norm, only few privileded got education and had all the information and knowledge.
Others have to depend on them, or on their own experience which takes lifetime to build.

An unversal education enables us to collect information and knowledge and make judgement. Because information is mostly in written format, reading and writing is necessary part of education.

Nobody is saying education you get in school or uni is end of knowledge acquisition. You have a lifetime to learn. But the initial push in your childhood gets you all the important tools to learn.
You have your whole life to unlearn something which you learn in school, and update with new understanding and knowledge.

The most intelligent and bright people(or those with knowledgeble parents) will learn anyway, the rest of us need standardised education.

That how not to create millions of Clerks every year and how education system should not kill creativity , entrepreneurship, and eagerness to do something different , How life is not only about 10-5 job.Indian education system is most bogus system in the world.Please don't even think about following it.

I read a joke somewhere: What if Zukerberg (Founder of FB) born in India? he will be in Facebook doing job of IT engineer.We have become intelligence coolies.

I read a joke somewhere: What if Zukerberg (Founder of FB) born in India? he will be in Facebook doing job of IT engineer.We have become intelligence coolies.
Nope. There is no one India. The poor and middle class want to work for others, rich dont.
If he was born into a rich family ( or a gujju) he would still have been an enterprenure, possibly less successful.

Nope. There is no one India. The poor and middle class want to work for others, rich dont.
If he was born into a rich family ( or a gujju) he would still have been an enterprenure, possibly less successful.

But if you see around you notice that even people from higher middle class or even well do families or opting for jobs rather than to be entrepreneur. The problem is our education system is producing clerics who are happy with on site abroad assignments, fat pays, and free internet in their AC cabin.Definatly there are exceptions but they are just proving the rule.Indian IT sector is shining example.We are happy in outsourcing jobs but nobody is talking about new ideas and innovation.

Back
Top Bottom