What's new

What can Pakistan learn from Indian education system

India is a bad example, Look to Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, or simple the USA.

We dont say that Indian Educational System is the best. This has worked for us till date. Further reform is still required to take us to higher levels. But to move further we need to have a critical mass and that has been achieved and without being complacent we need to further build on it.

Education system needs to evolve and mature and cant be turned around in a short span.

Apart from a few elite institutes, most of the Indian education system is a $hit. We have to improve a lot. USA is a good example
That is why Govt is pushing for more central universities.They are awesome both infrastructure and faculty wise.Here(N.E) we had only three universities --all state run, now out of 50 new central universities, five are to be build here (N.E). three of them are already completed .The higher education system is undergoing massive changes now ..it will take atleast a decade to reach good standard :tup:

The main issue to tackle is to give kids better education and free education till their secondary education level. The government school lack well trained teachers. The second thing is acceptance to colleges should be based on a persons capabilities, and not how much money they can give to the university. This is the one thing I hate in Indian education system I have seen kids(friends) who did extremely well in their exams, were not able to get into a college because their parents couldn't provide the colleges admission Fees.

Shame on you.
"Attainment of knowledge is a must for every Muslim." Hadith.

And on you for quoting someone without reference. In our traditions a quote comprises both the text as well as the citation, and you should be called out for totally unacceptable academic behaviour.

The main issue to tackle is to give kids better education and free education till their secondary education level. The government school lack well trained teachers. The second thing is acceptance to colleges should be based on a persons capabilities, and not how much money they can give to the university. This is the one thing I hate in Indian education system I have seen kids(friends) who did extremely well in their exams, were not able to get into a college because their parents couldn't provide the colleges admission Fees.

I have to disagree with you .it is true that in school level, lack of adequate money may deny you admission in a good PRIVATE school but when higher education (university level)is concerned, govt. universities are best and the admission is absolutely merit based.I have never heard of anyone denied admission in a govt university because of admission fee which is anyway subsidised and usually very low. Your friend must be trying in one of those new private institutions..

I have to disagree with you .it is true that in school level, lack of adequate money may deny you admission in a good PRIVATE school but when higher education (university level)is concerned, govt. universities are best and the admission is absolutely merit based.I have never heard of anyone denied admission in a govt university because of admission fee which is anyway subsidised and usually very low. Your friend must be trying in one of those new private institutions..

Bribe mate you have to give some money to get in.

If you hate Indian education because high admission fees, you will despise brtitish ones, because they are too high for common people.
I think banks in India should widen their base to provide cheap credit to students.

If you hate Indian education because high admission fees, you will despise brtitish ones, because they are too high for common people.
I think banks in India should widen their base to provide cheap credit to students.

Banks should have a lower interest rate for education loans and Indian Universities private ones should at least follow the government universities example and allow students in on the bases of their grades. I like the Government Universities its just that sometimes there are corrupt officials that take advantage of their position. This issue of back door fees should be solved. I personally like the US university education system where a student who does well in school can get full to half scholarship. But most of all I agree Banks need to have lower interest rates for students so people can have a larger scope for their education.

Bribe mate you have to give some money to get in.

Then it must be an old incident, because the admission processes are very tarnsparent nowadays, evryone knows their position in merit list and accordingly get admission to the college of their choice..hardly any chance of foul play

Then it must be an old incident, because the admission processes are very tarnsparent nowadays, evryone knows their position in merit list and accordingly get admission to the college of their choice..hardly any chance of foul play

That's good its been 4 to 5 years now so I can't say much. Its good that things have changed.

That is why Govt is pushing for more central universities.They are awesome both infrastructure and faculty wise.Here(N.E) we had only three universities --all state run, now out of 50 new central universities, five are to be build here (N.E). three of them are already completed .The higher education system is undergoing massive changes now ..it will take atleast a decade to reach good standard :tup:

Let us for a minute forget about tertiary education(I don't think it is great either). Look deep into our primary education and quality of school. The are pretty bad.

Let us for a minute forget about tertiary education(I don't think it is great either). Look deep into our primary education and quality of school. The are pretty bad.

In that matter I will go for private schools, the main reason the government teacher don't earn that much money, so they can't attract well trained teacher who are good in teaching. Private schools can attract highly skilled teachers because they can meet up their salary demands.

India is a bad example, Look to Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, or simple the USA.

Please put : "Higher education of United States" ... The American High School system ( Class 1 - class 12 ) makes people dumb! I remember , I used to get higher grades in US history than other white students :lol: Also , in America ..... students would come to school everyday with wearing TONS of make-up , fashions and what not....Same goes for guys..Some guys would wear three-piece just to come to school :rolleyes:

But yeah , Pakistanis should learn from Americans that;

1-Education is C O P U L S O R Y ! No matter what!!!!!
2- Focus on higher education and don't put too much stress on students
3-Try to make education "enjoyable"
4- Develop your OWN education system ...that would instill patriotism in the students and prepare them for the international arena at the same time.
5- NO ratta!

Back
Top Bottom