What's new

what brings you in to PDF

baker

Reaction score
guys ,

simple question , what brings u in to PDF.......

for me , during the time of mumbai terrorist attacks, one of the google link brought me in to PDF , from that day visiting PDF is like a habbit and now every 30 min i will refresh the indiadefence section.....

hats off to the forum moderators to create such a great forum :pakistan:

I was a member of defence forums since 2003.. had been visiting PDF since 2006...... thanks to google

Registered this ID in 2008 and started posting regularly in late 2009 :)

i was deeply rattled by the mumbai attacks.....
with all the war-mongering going on , i just wanted to get myself enlightened about where india pak stood militarily.....
one thing led to another............and am still learning ,
PDF ROCKS....thanks to its managements...

Was a fan of the comments of some the members here,a few to name

Karan1970,Peshwa,Toxic_pus,paritosh,Agnostic_Muslim,Old_School,Nietzche .

Nice question. I was thinking to open such a thread.

The Time brought me here via Google machine.

baker...webby explained call it DEFENCE.PK not PDF, that goes for members who don't know it yet.

I joined primarily for four reasons. Firstly, it is the fact that a lot of Iran related material is present, constantly added to, and discussed here. In fact, I stumbled on to this forum whilst searching the Internet for articles on Iran and the Middle East on Google. Secondly, I am fluent in Urdu but given that I belong to a non-Urdu speaking environment, I thought it would keep the linguistic ability refreshed-- though indeed the Urdu poetry forums I am a member on are better in this regard. Thirdly, the forum gives an opportunity to be updated on Pakistan centric affairs. Lastly, Pakistan is a neighborly country with historical and cultural connections-- the interest is understandable (same with India). Moreover, my own interest in history, politics and military topics, especially as a writer, keeps me tuned.

I have fren in Yahoo, Mehtaab Hasan from Multan, he gave me PDF link, He was asking genuine questions about Hindu ritiuals etc etc. He went to UK on student visa, hardly comes online now. First thing first, Indian school syllabus do not mention Jinnah (Maybe once I read in 8th std. thats it). I was curious so I started to read all Jinnah threads, came to know abt his non Muslim wife, his image in Bombay, relations with his daughter and his family in India. Sparklingway and EmO GiRl are my favourate posters. Also I'm 33% Hindu, 33% Sikh, 33% Atheist and find it easy to convey my message cuz there are lotsa Punjabi posters here. Zaki is nice guy. Imran Khan for his honesty and BE HUMAN nature, Sometimes when I'm bored or sad, I enjoy Batman's and Jana's posts, they bring smile on my face. But I still hate Afridi, dunno why you guys are mad about him, he is not proper batsmen, he is not strike bowler, he is not great fielder (can't dive), He acts weird all time, WTF that kiss was to Kallis, ball bitting, and many more such incidents. He is very over-rated, There are far more attacking players like Gichrist/Sehwag/Pollard who play proper cricketing shots, no slogging. Hehe. Too much offtopic. :lol:

Last edited:
Started lurking in 2007

noticed a lot of google searches i made ended up on this forum

<== joined at that date

1) To become familiar with the opposing view points so that I can be better informed and have access to both sides of the issue.

2) To keep in touch with current events in the subcontinent.

3) Entertainment value:D ............ I luv to argue...... some of the posts are really entertaining

4) Debunk myths/misinformation being spread about "India" and "Indians" (or as it is the referred here........ Bhartis):cheesy:
:pdf:

Back
Top Bottom