What's new

'We Want Hindi': In Tamil Nadu, New Demand Speaks Language of Change

That ain't Levina in Urdu ! :o:
The person who helped me write it knows urdu better than you :coffee:
I insist that word is levina....i can read urdu.(lil bit) 8-)

Armstrong said:
I was made to eat a coconut dosa or some similarly distasteful dish in Singapore by your South Indian compatriots !

You South Indians tried to kill me with such bland food - I could sue you right now ! :mad: :lol:

Kick you amiii!!:angry:

It is their choice.If they want more development and job opportunities they must know Hindi.

:rofl:

Thanks to YOUR experience with Bangladesh, our Politicians learnt that a LANGUAGE can never be FORCED on someone, instead we made states on Linguistic lines & gave there languages a recognition in the constitution.

But see the EFFECT of changing times, b'coz of Bollywood, TV & other media penetration along with job opportunities & Hindi becoming a Pan Indian MEDIA of communication just like English as an International Media. People in the south are themselves wanting to learn Hindi, no one is FORCING them.

In the 1960s it was the Politicians but now People on the ground are VOLUNTEERING.

@levina @JanjaWeed @Indischer @INDIC your comments mates?

I guess it was only a matter of time before the majority of Tamilians realized that learning a new language does not amount to giving up on their mothertongue.

But I must also add that the Southern States had little autonomy in this regard. Back in the 50s and 60s, the State Govts used to tow the line of Central Govts. There weren't any significant regional parties to take up such issues either. Tamil Nadu was the first to break this rut and non-Congress State Govts used the language card also as a means to show their dissent and disregard for Congress policies at the Centre.

Go to UP to learn do you[/quote]

Why should I go to UP ? Delhi mein bhi Achhi hindi sikhate hain school/college mein :p

I think it makes sense as @Ravi Nair @Indischer & @levina already know more Hindi than their own local languages & now they're learning Urdu to come into my good-books (not that I'm gonna let them till they stop feeding me coconut dosas every time I visit them) ! :unsure:

:angry::angry::angry:

I can safely(and proudly) say that I place the highest priority to my mothertongue and know it way way better than Hindi. :)

As far as Urdu is concerned, I do understand the commonly used Urdu terminologies and phrases, all thanks to watching Lal Topi's histrionics on Pakistani media. :lol: Can't understand the Urdu found in the Quami Tarana though. btw, how well can you understand Dakhani Urdu? Kya jijay, South ki Urdu zubani aati tumein?:azn:

Oye @Armstrong wtf is a "coconut dosa", pehli baar sun raha hun :rofl:

OT, good to know that the process of colonization has begun :coffee:, I hope Herr Modi passes a law making Hindi mandatory, especially for South Indians. Anyone who refuses to follow the diktat should be thrown in jail
43135719.jpg
:D

First know correctl
Disrespect for national language Hindi ? Shame on Tamil Nadu and Tamil political parties. #shame
Hindi is not the national language of India.

But I prefer hindi to be a 3rd language in schools. We to want to mingle with rest of India but stupids in politics don't allow it.

More over Tamil is not a language of 2000 years old. It have a great poetic and grammer skills before 5000+ years old one. Its the only language survives in all format in this world. Most others are already vanished. No one can destroy this magical language till the humans survive in this world.

Oye @Armstrong wtf is a "coconut dosa", pehli baar sun raha hun :rofl:

OT, good to know that the process of colonization has begun :coffee:, I hope Herr Modi passes a law making Hindi mandatory, especially for South Indians. Anyone who refuses to follow the diktat should be thrown in jail
Had every kinda of dosa, but 'coconut dosa'. Would like to taste one of though! :lol:

& throwing s/Indians to Jail for not learning Hindi? Can't be worse than daily dose of saas bahu Hindi tv serials though! :o:

Last edited:
HaD every kinda of dosa, but 'coconut dosa'. Would like to taste one of though! :lol:

& throwing s/Indians to Jail for not learning Hindi? Can't be worse than daily dose of saas bahu Hindi tv serials though! :o:
Yeah I went a little overboard, better to make them watch the latest Himesh Reshamiya movie

While this anti Hindi feel is there with Tamilians, I saw something which surprised me. My wife is a teacher for Hindi in US, she teaches at home. The maximum students she gets are Tamil. What those people told me is that most of them knows Hindi but will not speak. They have made it a ego issue. Speaking Hindi does not mean you will lose Tamil. Same like Marathi and Telgu people, however, it makes easier to communicate. If at all people understand language is for communication and not ego.

Disrespect for national language Hindi ? Shame on Tamil Nadu and Tamil political parties. #shame

Just to correct you, Hindi is not the "National Language", of India..it is one of the two (second being English) Official Language of the Union Government. There are 22 officially recognised language in India including English and Hindi...you can check any currency note...you will find the denomination written in all the languages.

Tamil should be given importance.. But, that doesn't mean we should avoid Hindi..:nono: Everybody should learn the national langg.. Hindi hating fools don't know English is already dominating Tamil in Tamilnadu.. Why not ban English then? :hitwall:

As a south Indian I hate compulsory teaching of Hindi in schools. It is an extra burden on students. We learn 3 languages (Telugu, English, Hindi) of which Hindi serves no purpose. Better to concentrate more on English.

Tamil should be given importance.. But, that doesn't mean we should avoid Hindi..:nono: Everybody should learn the national langg.. Hindi hating fools don't know English is already dominating Tamil in Tamilnadu.. Why not ban English then? :hitwall:
You can not force language on some one. Hindi is not national language. It is most spoken. That doesnt mean every body should learn Hindi. English helps in many ways. Our whole BPO industry is based on learning good English.

It is their choice.If they want more development and job opportunities they must know Hindi.
Could you explain how?
How learning Hindi helps in development and Jobs..?

As a south Indian I hate compulsory teaching of Hindi in schools. It is an extra burden on students. We learn 3 languages (Telugu, English, Hindi) of which Hindi serves no purpose. Better to concentrate more on English.

You can not force language on some one. Hindi is not national language. It is most spoken. That doesnt mean every body should learn Hindi. English helps in many ways. Our whole BPO industry is based on learning good English.

Could you explain how?
How learning Hindi helps in development and Jobs..?

So, for you if any language get you job and development then that should be given high priority? Now tell me which langg gives you more development & jobs in India.. Hindi or Tamil??

Back
Top Bottom