What's new

Water car: Engineer sues doctor for ‘trying to undermine’ his invention

Guys:

I am working on a flying carpet that uses air as its power source. I want to assure my qaum that I will apply for a loan to weave these magnificent flying machines only in Pakistan. Soon the whole country will be full of millionaires.

Anybody who want to partner with me, please forward your particulars and a deposit of $100 in reply to the emails from VCheng that have been sent out to you.

Don't delay as only a limited number of partnerships are available.

:D

Is your name Aladdin?

:P

Guys:

I am working on a flying carpet that uses air as its power source. I want to assure my qaum that I will apply for a loan to weave these magnificent flying machines only in Pakistan. Soon the whole country will be full of millionaires.

Anybody who want to partner with me, please forward your particulars and a deposit of $100 in reply to the emails from VCheng that have been sent out to you.

Don't delay as only a limited number of partnerships are available.

:D

Dude give me the Indian sales rights and I am willing to be a partner with you on a 50:50 profit sharing basis, I see a bright future for Pakistan because of so many latest inventions by your scientific community, you know this inventions are going to send the oil rich Arabs to the desert life once again - also in near future soon you can see the Arabs are applying for Pakistani visa to work in the Water Kit mass manufacturing factory...But your concept is even better because every house hold will have many carpets and still buying a car is very costly to use the water kit but flying carpet very cheep - you deserve 100 noble price...

Oh man, we're slowly becoming laughing stock of the scientific world. Is it legal to lynch this idiot to death for subjecting us to ridicule?

Every one chant: Death death to the watermotor(scratch that) watermelon man :blink:

You are not alone. Every country goes through such stupidities while the world laughs. Be it the US, Japan, Russia, or the UK.

There was one Ramar Pillai in India who claimed to extract highly flammable gases through some specific herbs. He was forced to demonstrate in front of some IIT professors, and they caught his 'slight of hand' as he tried to add gasoline in his magical 'mixture'. It was later found that he wanted to make a way to sell large amounts of petrol obtained through proliferation and was backed/financed by some big time smugglers.

Only difference is, that con was a bit more subtle than Agha Waqar sahib.

Nothing is permanent, so enjoy the fun while it lasts. He will be forgotten in no time. It's not like its a big blow to Pakistan's image.

kṣamā;3264389 said:
@VCheng: Get me a seat at ur partner table.

Check your email! :D

Is your name Aladdin?

:P

How did you know my middle name? I think the bloody Israelis are spying on me already! :D

Dude give me the Indian sales rights and I am willing to be a partner with you on a 50:50 profit sharing basis, I see a bright future for Pakistan because of so many latest inventions by your scientific community, you know this inventions are going to send the oil rich Arabs to the desert life once again - also in near future soon you can see the Arabs are applying for Pakistani visa to work in the Water Kit mass manufacturing factory...But your concept is even better because every house hold will have many carpets and still buying a car is very costly to use the water kit but flying carpet very cheep - you deserve 100 noble price...

Sorry, no carpets for India. Ever.

(However, I will cut you a side deal for smuggling them, on a 60:30:10 basis. ;) )

Check your email! :D

How did you know my middle name? I think the bloody Israelis are spying on me already! :D

Sorry, no carpets for India. Ever.

(However, I will cut you a side deal for smuggling them, on a 60:30:10 basis. ;) )

deal done!!!

Hahahahaha....man you got potential - to make any one laugh it self is an art and you have succeed in making me laugh with your comment...you are great and deserve a reward!!!

There was a show on PTV, in which Agha waqar and Dr Samar Mubarakmand were sitting side by side, and Dr Samar absolutely blew this guy out of the pond.

At one moment he said: 'hun agha sahib hum bhi sainsdan hain, hamay bhi kuch ata hai, aisay to nhn science chalti'.

I recommend you people watch it, this guy's bubble got burst.
Can you post the video here.

Dr. Samar Mubarakmand goes... "Hum bhi scientist hain..."

Amid the growing criticism of this water kit, he is getting shy of endorsing this guy any further, yet he is so 'unable' to call this bluff confidently.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fame of this guy is sky rocketed in pakistan specially in sindh, where he is fooling his village "WADERAS" landlords and poor inocent people, people of the village has gone mad they are even trying to run motorcycles on water by stupid experiements. lol HAHAHA

Water Kit can be a serious threat to the Bloom Box!!! - if it is TRUE

If water kit concept is not fake then it won't be that hard to get funding for the project, see on the below video how the start-up firm Bloom Box is able to attract $400 million funding very easily - the inventor of the Bloom Box claim a Brick Size Bloom Box made of Ocean Sand!!! can power four houses in Asia!!!

Atleast he is not a hoax like the waterkit a_shole!

Dr. Samar Mubarakmand goes... "Hum bhi scientist hain..."

Amid the growing criticism of this water kit, he is getting shy of endorsing this guy any further, yet he is so 'unable' to call this bluff confidently.

It is even more pathetic that hydrogen and eletrolysis of water has nothing to do with his stupid invention. He is using the stone age trick of producing acetylene gas from water and calcium carbide to fuel the car.

He would have earned far more respect if he had honestly demonstrated the concept of fueling engines with water and calcium carbide as a viable alternate to CNG. And would have attracted the required scientific talent and investments to actually propel the research forward to some conclusion.

some prices of calcium carbide.

calcium carbide FOB Price: US $615-625 / Metric Ton
Calcium Carbide 50-80MM FOB Price: US $650-750 / Metric Ton

As far as I assume, calcium carbide is found abundantly in Bhutan, Pakistan and Afghanistan. It can also be synthetically produced in an electric arc furnace from a mixture of lime and coke at approximately 2000 °C. This method has not changed since its invention in 1888. Industrial scale production of acetylene is done from calcium carbide + water reaction so it is not difficult to argue the economic viability of this process with the right amount of scientific input and some reserves on hand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_carbide
Production of acetylene
The reaction of calcium carbide with water, producing acetylene and calcium hydroxide, was discovered by Friedrich Wöhler in 1862.
CaC2 + 2 H2O → C2H2 + Ca(OH)2
This reaction is the basis of the industrial manufacture of acetylene, and is the major industrial use of calcium carbide.
In China, acetylene derived from calcium carbide remains a raw material for the chemical industry, in particular for the production of polyvinyl chloride. Locally produced acetylene is more economical than using imported oil.[7] Production of calcium carbide in China has been increasing. In 2005 output was 8.94 million tons, with the capacity to produce 17 million tons.[8]
In the USA, Europe, and Japan, consumption of calcium carbide is generally declining.[9] Production levels in the USA in 1990s were 236,000 tons per year.[6]

But must commend that at-least in the disguise of fraud this moron got a chance to meet Dr Samar Mubarakmand, which many talented figures of Pakistan can only dream to.

People Are still being fooled
And this time Mad Engineer went to Pakistan Engineering Council to fool other engineers.

But must commend that at-least in the disguise of fraud this moron got a chance to meet Dr Samar Mubarakmand, which many talented figures of Pakistan can only dream to.

The fault lies in none other than Dr. Mubarakmand himself. He clearly stated in the previous talk-show that he is 'completely satisfied' with the explanations of Agha Waqar.

Why would a self-respecting engineer with some talent would want to meet Dr. Mubarakmand for whom, if there is a media hype, common sense can take a hike?

Even now, after full 4 days (ample amount of time for a PhD. from Oxford to see through this fraud), his efforts are so feeble... it is embarrassing.

It is not a shame for Pakistan, it is a shame for Oxford University!

A growing number of people in Pakistan seem to question the validity of the inventors' claim.... This is a positive development, that the masses should endorse.

Agha Waqar and his ‘science-less’ kit

August 3, 2012

In a telephonic interview with Agha Waqar Ahmed on July 29, 2012, for Sindh Express, most of my questions to him were about the physics, thermodynamics and chemistry behind his water kit. However, some questions regarding thermodynamics were not addressed as they should have been and I felt as though Waqar knew more about the ‘engineering’ behind his kit but not the ‘physics’ that went into it.

Though it is not mandatory for an inventor to be a PhD, this age of fraudulent and quack inventions calls for every aspect of an invention to be examined thoroughly. Allow me to refresh your memory and remind you that the water kit experiments are not new in the world today despite a section of our media reporting it as a ‘new’ invention.

A leading Sindhi newspaper in its editorial even claimed that Agha Waqar’s water kit is worthy of a Nobel Prize! This is because most journalists of our mass media do not possess the academic background relevant to science and/or they do not see the problems of science on a theoretical level. This is also a contributing factor to the hype that we have seen regarding Agha’s water kit.

As a student of science and technology, I know that water can easily be converted to produce energy, but only if the required energy is given as an input. So, as many of you might know, there are a number of websites that are selling DIY water kits, but the question remains; are they purely water powered kits? For me, this was definitely not a new experiment; in fact, you can also perform it at home with proper training guides. It is the simplest formula of thermodynamics.

So coming back to the interview, I raised questions about the first and second law of thermodynamics.

The first law simply states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed but it can change form. In a water kit such as Agha’s, one is required to supply energy from an external source, such as the vehicle’s battery, to split the water molecule (H2¬O), resulting in two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen. Then, by mixing both gases, now split, a compound can be created called oxy-hydrogen or HHO, resulting in the release of energy which can power up an engine.

But according to the first law of thermodynamics, hydrogen cannot give surplus energy; it must give back the same amount of energy which it took from the vehicle’s battery to split itself up from the water molecule.

You do remember that energy can neither be created nor can it be destroyed, right?

The process discussed above is called electrolysis.

I asked Agha Waqar to confirm it. He confirmed that his kit used electrolysis.

I then asked him, how many times he changed or recharged his battery? He said he didn’t change it or recharge it. The next question, naturally, was whether he used any catalysts to boost the chemical reaction between oxygen and hydrogen, such as potassium hydroxide or sodium hydroxide. He denied any use of such a catalyst.

At this point, I interjected, stating that if that were the case then there was something wrong with his experiment, as it is not possible according to the law of conservation of energy. He defended this by stating that the first law of thermodynamics is wrong! Shocked to have heard such a remark, I gathered myself and proceeded further to ask about his views on the second law of thermodynamics; entropy. He claimed that it, too, had become obsolete after his experiment ─ I reported the same to the Sindh Express on July 30, 2012.

Now, if these laws of physics are wrong – as per Mr Agha Waqar’s claim – then theoretical physics, as a whole will have to be re-evaluated, the foundation of physics will have to be rebuilt from the scratch and the laws of thermodynamics will have to be rediscovered! Agha may not be aware, but his claim would also put the theory of general relativity and quantum mechanics in question.

I do not believe that Agha Waqar thought clearly about the gravity of such theoretical problems and complexities of physics when he made his claims in order to justify his kit.

I, thus, concluded that, Agha Waqar was not a scientist, but a mere mechanical engineer.

There have been hundreds of such claims before him, which unfortunately ended up as bogus – and rightfully so. Agha Waqar seems frightfully close to this list if experts are not permitted to examine his ‘magic’ kit.

The day after the interview, the only report, with scientific support on this issue was published in the Sindhi press. A section of the media, which had previously been promoting him, without proper scientific inquiry, as a ‘national hero’ of Sindh was thus silenced.

Agha Waqar and his ‘science-less’ kit – The Express Tribune Blog

Back
Top Bottom