What's new

VIEW: Fantasies about Pak-China friendship —Azizullah Khan

BTW US only had 20 billion dollar in business deals with Bharat. China had such in 45 billion dollar with Pakistan. Scale the economies of Pakistan-China vs Bharat-US to see how big this deal actually is when looking to them proportionally.

I am really quite confused as to why Indians and Americans should take such offense at something that's not really about them, and has little to nothing to do with them, it's really quite amazing.

While it's certainly true that relations between the states use self interest in their relations, it is manifestly, obviously, also the case that between Pakistani and Chinese, there is a also a deeper emotional connection, in the sense that they want even deeper, closer relations - now for some, for reasons I really do not understand, this is cause for anxiety -- and I think the reason they experience this anxiety is ideological, they cannot seem to accept the reality that their ideology does not seem to account for all eventualities, certainly not for eventualities such as peoples genuinely appreciative of a deeper, more emotional connection, perhaps it is because they are envious of such relations.

Thats all there is to it actually - the eternal all weather friendship. Show me evidence to the contrary.

There is evidence all over this forum, you cannot see it because you choose to close your eyes like most of your brethren :).

Infact can you really list all those instances when China has actually done anything during Pakistan's need of hour, instead of only issuing 'official statements'?

I am assuming you mean in terms of military conflict, fine i will grant you your wish. I know you will bring in the 65, 71 and Kargil war so i will address them too.

1965: Ayub was an American Puppy, to please his American Masters he offered to completely sever all ties with the Chinese but the Americans were least interested about that.

1971:The Chinese were starring at the nuclear armed battle hardened Soviet 58th Army that made up of 450 000 Soviet Soldiers right in the eyes. The Chinese were convinced that the Soviets will attack and that is why they pulled back their forces close to 100km, thats how serious the situation was and even than they managed to supply Pakistan with dozens of F6 aircrafts.

Kargil: What exactly did we expect China to do when Pakistan was never officially involved in the war, Indian Army at no point crossed the border.

2002 stand off: PAF was desperately in need of a decent air defence fighter, the Chinese on emergency basis ship Pakistan F7 point defence fighters which is exactly what Pakistan needed. I am not even going to go in detail off the various other crucial equipment that was received from China but i guess its okay to talk about the F7's as it is public knowledge now.

2008: India growled and threatened to unleash war on Pakistan. The Chinese on emergency basis ship Pakistan their latest C803 ASM and C602 Anti Ship Cruise Missiles, this is public knowledge now and there were tons of other military equipment that was received from China. The Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan asked COAS, CAS and CN of the equipment that Pakistan needed from China, the list was given and the necessary equipment was provided to Pakistan on emergency basis.

Here, i have provided you some instances where China came in and helped Pakistan in the need of hour. But i know you will brush it aside because you choose to close your eyes to the reality :). Pakistan Army is under no illusion and is aware of the fact that China will never step in and fight on behalf of Pakistan against India. But China will continue to provide Pakistan with the support she needs to maintain credible deterrence is against India, recent dealings with the Chinese is proof of that.

Regarding the Pakistan floods:

China had to deal with major floods and mudslides in the South West during the same time as the Pakistan floods. Although the initial donations were small (10 million dollars) the Chinese diverted heliocopters and planes that were rescuing people in China to help out with the Pakistanis. The amount of money donated eventually increased to 320 million dollars.

China does not need to Push India into US lap as India already is there.

the writer is paranoid and twisting things

Don't worry about India. They can swap their policy made in the morning and trash and replace it with something else at night. India, to put in a nutshell, is not reliable, for anyone. Good luck.

I Love it!

Yet another thread full of Indians jumping up and down about the Pak-China relationship...

And then they tell us they arenot obsessed with us.

As for the American jarheads-turned-political pundits. the less said the better.

what is the summery of the article , as i understand Balochistan's Gwadar port is the main consideration point of pakistan-china relation as china seek a oil/gas route , but that route also goes though GB......the situation is complex and solution is not visible in near future...

@notorious_eagle

I think what you have stated is a perfect example what many have - probably not coherently - trying to get across. That China's help to Pakistan is only to contain India. If in the future, China feels that its interests are better served by India it will drop Pakistan.

The same applies with the US relationship. US-Pakistani relationship was much more stronger than China's historically. Its only recently post 1990s that problems started.

The fact of the matter is that while Chinese and the US have a realistic relationship when they look at Pakistan. Pakistan has a an ideological and blind commitment, first with the US, and now with China. Its certainly upto Pakistan to decide what their relationship with China should be. But the blind faith would only put Pakistani interests at stake in the long run.

China continues to have a huge trade surplus with Pakistan (2010 it was approx 5.5B-1.3B) where most its products affects local manufacturers. Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

I think Pakistan can continue its relationship with China because its upto them not to Indians or Americans to decide what to do. But just as Indians earlier had told the Pakistanis to not put their eggs in the US basket and try to improve relations with India within the South Asian context and not bring external powers here the same would apply now with China. Its a historical fact that when kingdoms or rulers inside south Asia had sought outside external help, then ended up creating rifts and problems and dominating south Asia. And those who invited them eg: the Nizam and Marathas asking UK help against Tipu Sultan all showed that the end result is not favourable for either of them.

Having trade diplomatic relations is fine, but using that as a lever in the south Asian context will lead to problems. Lets hope we don't see a repeat of the US relationship with China.

I think Pakistan can continue its relationship with China because its upto them not to Indians or Americans to decide what to do.

That's mighty white of our Indian friends to concede. We hope the day is not far when Indian friends will join with Pakistanis and Chinese towards forming the single largest market in history and will have cause to understand that the theory of state relations based on self interest has not come down from Sinai and that it can be open to a sense of emotion, beyond those used by distant empires

That's mighty white of our Indian friends to concede. We hope the day is not far when Indian friends will join with Pakistanis and Chinese towards forming the single largest market in history and will have cause to understand that the theory of state relations based on self interest has not come down from Sinai and that it can be open to a sense of emotion, beyond those used by distant empires

The road is long and bumpy, it seems the ride is not an easy one.

Wow, so Pakistani members can't stop sloganeering ''long live China Pakistan brotherhood:china::pakistan:'' in all kinds of unrelated threads, but when Indians comment on the relationship, it becomes an obsession.

Obsession bred in desperation, in this case, well... you guys know better. I hope Pakistanis succeed in their plan to use China against India, yes sir, small poor states always use huge successful states to do their dirty work.

BTW I wonder why China defended JUD three times right before the mumbai attacks in UN, what trade and energy requirements compelled them to do it....!

Wow, so Pakistani members can't stop sloganeering ''long live China Pakistan brotherhood:china::pakistan:'' in all kinds of unrelated threads, but when Indians comment on the relationship, it becomes an obsession.

Obsession bred in desperation, in this case, well... you guys know better.

Indians opening threads n telling us its fake and god knows what? doesnt tht show ur obsession and desperation ........ Do u think by doing tht it will all go away ?:whistle:

Indians opening threads n telling us its fake and god knows what? doesnt tht show ur obsession and desperation ........ Do u think by doing tht it will all go away ?:whistle:

Yeah, you are right, we re frustrated because Pakistan is scaling new heights of success daily with China's help.

We are not at all concerned with China's defence of terrorist organisation JUD in UN. The article is also written by a Bharti posing as a Pakistani in a newspaper run by CIA, isn't that how you army boys are trained to react?

Back
Top Bottom