What's new

Vietnam provocation and what should China reaction?

ey your eyes blind or you dumb? i never said you lost to japan i said you got f.... you had so much casulties and they invaded you + you had support of USA AND SOVIET UNION OH THATS A REALL SHAMEE

Hehe ,we beat and killed hundreds of thousands of japanese in tang and ming dynasty.yes ,japanese are the aggressor every single time ,but who would want to invade them except mongols?all they have is some tiny islands,no one chinese dynasty except the mongol one wanted to invade japan,that's no point and not shameful at all.

When will Turkey admit to commit genocide against the Armenians? Just imaging if Germany proclaim that Holocaust was just civilian casualties of the war.

i was told 1979 war vietnam beat you

China could not achieve its objective and had to withdraw. So in this regard, Vietnam win.

They beat china?then why all the battles happened in the land of vietnam and 10,0000 get slaughtered in few days?

If you look at the event through strategic views, Vietnam won the war because it prevented China from achieve its object, which is to make Vietnam withdraw from Cambodia.

China could not achieve its objective and had to withdraw. So in this regard, Vietnam win.

If you look at the event through strategic views, Vietnam won the war because it prevented China from achieve its object, which is to make Vietnam withdraw from Cambodia.
Our objects were to teach a lesson to vietnam who is the boss in east asia,and more important,to unite ourselves after the cultural revolution,all missions were accompanished.and if vietnam retreat from cambodia or not is not one of our objections at first.

genocide of armenians ? what do you know and you are talking , how could there be a genocide when thousands of turks were killed by armenians? yes we did kill many armenians but it is way less than itis and it wasnt to destroy armenians but kill the armed mobs who burned villages SEARCH YUSUF HALACOGLU A PROFESSOR HE DONE A RESEARCH , ALSO ANSWER THIS PLEASE , WE ARE SAYING LETS OPEN THE ARCHIVES IN FRONT OF WORLD , SO SHOULD ARMENIANS AND IF PROFFESSORS FROM MANY COUNTRIES SEE THAT IT WAS WE WILL ACCEPT IT BUT THEY REJECT WHY?? WHY WOULD YOU REJECT IF YOU ARE CLAIMING THAT?

When will Turkey admit to commit genocide against the Armenians? Just imaging if Germany proclaim that Holocaust was just civilian casualties of the war.

who the hell is china ? taiwan or the PRC?

genocide of armenians ? what do you know and you are talking , how could there be a genocide when thousands of turks were killed by armenians? yes we did kill many armenians but it is way less than itis and it wasnt to destroy armenians but kill the armed mobs who burned villages SEARCH YUSUF HALACOGLU A PROFESSOR HE DONE A RESEARCH , ALSO ANSWER THIS PLEASE , WE ARE SAYING LETS OPEN THE ARCHIVES IN FRONT OF WORLD , SO SHOULD ARMENIANS AND IF PROFFESSORS FROM MANY COUNTRIES SEE THAT IT WAS WE WILL ACCEPT IT BUT THEY REJECT WHY?? WHY WOULD YOU REJECT IF YOU ARE CLAIMING THAT?

Armenians were murder by Ottoman soldiers and that constitute as genocide. And even if all the evidence point that way, Turkey today would still be too proud to admit to it.

who the hell is china ? taiwan or the PRC?

That is not the topic at hand.

weakass turks got smashed by china and some mongoloid nothern nomads and run to central asia and now one of their slaves says china is weak?lmao.

weakass turks got smashed by china and some mongoloid nothern nomads and run to central asia and now one of their slaves says china is weak?lmao.

The ancestral home of the Turks is central Asia. The area currently occupied by the country of Turkey belongs to the Greeks, Kurds, Armenians and people related to Persians.

They beat china?then why all the battles happened in the land of vietnam and 100,000 Vietnameses got slaughtered in few days?

That's obvious, the chinese can't match more experienced vietnamese force (regular force was in cambodia) but they suffer more then several hundreds of thousands, so in frustration they kill vietnamese civilian.

Some of the main points by a chinese veteran which he wrote 2 book (一個越戰傷兵的手記 and 食色).

Eleven Secrets From the 1979 Sino-Vietnamese War

1. The reason the war started has never been explained in an open, authoritative, or convincing way. The then Director of the General Staff and Operations Department, Zhang Sheng, states in his books “Coming out of the War” and “The Last Secret Agent in China” that not even the then-Minister of Defense knew why the authorities felt the need to launch the war.

2. Although China had absolute advantage in the number of troops and firepower, the goal of eliminating the two most powerful Vietnamese divisions 316A and 316B was not reached.

3. Advanced equipment was for decoration only. Back then, China had modern airplanes, tanks, and missiles but the commander was not familiar with combined operations and hence the equipment wasn’t used as effectively as it could have been. For example, when a blockade could be accomplished using an airplane, an infantry regiment was sent instead.

4. Terrible logistical support. The veteran said he was injured on February 19, 1979, but didn’t receive medical attention until February 27. He had only a sulfonamide antibiotic pill so the wound festered and eventually one of his toes had to be removed. Many soldiers went to war without basic first aid training. They didn’t know how to stop bleeding and hence some soldiers bled to death from not-so-severe wounds after being hit by landmines.

5. No strategy on how to mount an attack. When the war started, our troops walked into the battlefields like it was a military parade. I remember looking out and seeing our troops visible all over the mountains and plains. I was very angry and told the chief of staff, “Even a boy scout leader from a village could do a better job of commanding.” Our enemy could easily launch mass attacks at us, and cause huge casualties.

6. No control over light artillery and limited use of heavy artillery. There was so much control on the heavy artillery, such as 152 mm and 130 mm guns, that approval by the General Staff Department had to be obtained before use. Nonetheless, the number of soldiers ordered to charge the enemy lines was not limited.

7. Non-stop incidents of self-mutilation. To avoid going to war, some of the soldiers in Vietnam shot their own legs.

8. Compensation for wounded soldiers harkened back to Civil War time. The policies were completely outmoded. After I was injured, they only gave me 15 yuan (less than US $1.80), which is the standard of Huaihai Battle (1948-1949). It’s 1/100,000 of the U.S. and U.K. standard during that same period. I don’t think the difference in GDP between developed countries and China was that large back then.

9. Compensation for the death of a soldier equaled the price of a pig. For any soldier who died during the war, 300 yuan (US $37.50, using the 1980 exchange rate) was paid to the bereaved family.

10. The soldiers discharged because of injury live a miserable life. The first 10 years after I left the military, I only received 30 yuan (US $3.75, 1980 exchange rate), every year as compensation. In 2010, 31 years after I was injured, I received consolation gifts from the government worth US$47. That night, I was looking at the gifts and drinking by myself. While drinking, I started to cry. It’s been more than 30 years! Many of us veterans still don’t own a house or have a wife.

11. Books that document facts about the war are not allowed to be published. In 2010 I wrote “The Diary of A Wounded Soldier in the Vietnam War” based on my experiences as a soldier. The book was posted online and became a national hit, but I was told that it couldn’t be published. Books about the Vietnam War could not be so direct or blunt. The war could only be referred to as “the regional military conflict in the South.” A war in which several hundreds of thousands of soldiers shed blood or died could not be described truthfully. Then who will fight for you in the future?

The ancestral home of the Turks is central Asia. The area currently occupied by the country of Turkey belongs to the Greeks, Kurds, Armenians and people related to Persians.
lol,turks was a tribe of xiongnu(hun),they come from nothern asia and most of them (especially the leaders)were mongoloid.
google modu chanyu and you would know more about where turks come from.

The ongoing disputes about the South China Sea mostly originate from Vietnam. The biggest challenge of China's insistence on a peaceful solution can also be laid at Vietnam's door.

Depending on how the situation develops, China has to be ready for two plans: negotiating with Vietnam for a peaceful solution, or answering the provocation with political, economic or even military counterstrikes. We have to be clear about the possibility of the second option, so as to let Vietnam remain sober about the South China Sea issue.

Vietnam has been taking risky actions in the South China Sea for some time. It has occupied 29 Chinese islands. It has been gaining the most benefits from undersea natural gas and oil exploitation. It is also the most aggressive in dealing with China.

Vietnam is the major advocate of inviting the US into the South China Sea as a "balance." Its government is also consenting to a growing nationalistic sentiment among its people. Hanoi has been setting a bad example in Southeast Asia.

Vietnam has been trapped in an unrealistic belief that as long as the US balances out the South China Sea issue, it can openly challenge China's sovereignty, and walk away with huge gains.

In previous military conflicts between the two countries, China tried hard to show restraint. But that seems to have only made Vietnam more daring still. Vietnam's interpretation of China's peaceful policy appears to be that whatever Vietnam does, China will refrain from using force.

Since a limited military conflict with China over the South China Sea in 1988, Vietnam has been increasingly aggressive in grabbing islands as its own, ignoring China's traditional policy of "shelving disputes and developing jointly." It is pushing the limits of China's national interest and dignity.

China has to send a clear message that it will take whatever measures necessary to protect its interests in the South China Sea. If Vietnam continues to provoke China in this region, China will first deal with it with maritime police forces, and if necessary, strike back with naval forces.

China should clearly state that if it decides to fight back, it will also take back the islands previously occupied by Vietnam. If Vietnam wants to start a war, China has the confidence to destroy invading Vietnam battleships, despite possible objections from the international community.

The US may add some uncertainty in the South China Sea. China will handle this carefully, and is not likely to engage in a direct confrontation with the US.

China's rise has come at the cost of increasing strategic risks in the south. China will continue its dedication to peace and development, but it has to be ready to face confrontation and showdown. The provocation from Vietnam may become a touchstone.

Source

Title of the post should be "China's weak attempt at looking good after humiliating SCS debacle" :hang2:

SICK MAN OF EUROPE ? THAT WAS SAID BY TO MANY COUNTRIES , IF YOU TALKING ABOUT RUSSIA , THEY SAID IT TO OTTOMAN EMPIRE AS WE WERE GETTING WEAKER , AN EMPIRE THAT INVADED THEIR COUNTRY MANY TIMES SO ITS NATURAL AS WE WERE BIG RIVALS FOR LONG TIME , IT WAS ALSO SAID TO UK ' SICK MAN OF EUROPE ' AND EVEN RUSSIA , GREECE , PORTUGAL , MANY COUNTRIES THAT FACED ECONOMIC PROBLEMS

Don't feel bad about that tag. Ottoman Empire kicked some serious a$$ at one time anyway and Turkey is rich and strong today too. On the other hand, China has always been and will always be the 'Sick man of the East'. Just that now they have an extensive, glossy makeover. Besides the media there is just a puppet and those pulling the strings won't allow negative reports.

All those fancy glass and steel towns u built :china: are just white elephants now aren't they? Go look up 'ghost towns in China'. Also read about the kinda trouble your economy will be coming up against shortly. Use google and not one of your local search engines.

And stop dissing the Turks over WW1. Your performance in WW2 was worse than humiliating. If only the Russians and the Americans hadn't gone up against Japan, u'd be having sushi for breakfast daily.

Back
Top Bottom