What's new

USS Zumwalt update thread

2446586-zumwaltjan2.jpg

2446584-zumwaltjan4.jpg

Has the radar signature of a fishing boat,said to be as stealthy as a los angles class submarine.
Its 2 guns have the firepower of 12 army howitzers.
Also introduces new SPY-3 AESA radar which is quantum leap over aegis.
Uses new peripheral vertical launch system technology.
Uses new integrated power system tech giving 10 times as much power available on current destroyers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Empire strikes back indeed.A 'destroyer' that comes in at 15000 tons lol.At 10000 tons it should be called cruiser.

USA also have the new air defence cruiser CG-X.Nuclear powered 25000 ton AD cruiser in conception along these lines to replace ticonderoga class.But i think for time they have decided to stick with ticonderoga due to lack of threat perception.

USA also have the new air defence cruiser CG-X.Nuclear powered 25000 ton AD cruiser in conception along these lines to replace ticonderoga class.But i think for time they have decided to stick with ticonderoga due to lack of threat perception.

Not going to happen (program cancelled), see how many Zumwalts ordered in the end.

The CG(X) program, also known as the Next Generation Cruiser program, was a United States Navy program to replace its 22 Ticonderoga class cruisers after 2017. Original plans were for 18–19 ships, based on the 14,500 ton Zumwalt class destroyer but providing ballistic missile defense and area air defense for a carrier group. The program was canceled in 2010; its mission is to be taken by Flight III Arleigh Burke–class destroyers instead.
CG(X) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Navy

When the USS Zumwalt (DDG 1000) puts to sea later this year, it will be different from any other ship in the Navy's fleet in many ways. The $3.5 billon ship is designed for stealth, survivability, and firepower, and it's packed with advanced technology. And at the heart of its operations is a virtual data center powered by off-the-shelf server hardware, various flavors of Linux, and over 6 million lines of software code.

Perhaps it's appropriate that the first commanding officer of the Zumwalt will be Captain James Kirk (yes, that's actually his name).

Despite the fact that I think the U.S. is enemy of Russia and the entire human race, I will be really painful to watch, if this ship will be reduced to scrap.

Despite the fact that I think the U.S. is enemy of Russia and the entire human race, I will be really painful to watch, if this ship will be reduced to scrap.

This ship WILL most definitely reduce to scrap, when they decommission them in 50 years, any navy can try and sink this little bugger, guess who will ends up in tears?

Don't worry, we may sell this to Russian 50 or 60 years down the road, if your country can afford it

:lol:

This ship WILL most definitely reduce to scrap, when they decommission them in 50 years, any navy can try and sink this little bugger, guess who will ends up in tears?

Don't worry, we may sell this to Russian 50 or 60 years down the road, if your country can afford it

:lol:

You know, the American admirals were present at one event - before the destruction of the submarine Akula sailors decided to give a parting salvo of missiles.
American admirals and our admirals cried, looking at it.
But they were honorable people, warriors, who can respect the enemy.
This ship will be destroyed much sooner than 50 years.

You know, the American admirals were present at one event - before the destruction of the submarine Akula sailors decided to give a parting salvo of missiles.
American admirals and our admirals cried, looking at it.
But they were honorable people, warriors, who can respect the enemy.
This ship will be destroyed much sooner than 50 years.

Lol don't forget the K-19

What's wrong with Russian navy and nuclear accident??

Lol don't forget the K-19

What's wrong with Russian navy and nuclear accident??

Oh come on that was only Harrison Ford's fault ! If only he had listened to Liam Neeson they'd all probably would've turned out just fine ! :D

Back
Top Bottom