What's new

US troop-pullout plan worrries Afghanistan

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The war in Afghanistan will be a challenge for whoever the next US president is. Both candidates have promised to bring combat troops home by the end of 2014, but the country faces continuing insecurity. The governor of Helmand province told Al Jazeera that he thought foreign combat troops were going to pull out too soon. Al Jazeera's Bernard Smith reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Long Afghan War effort has had some successes and few failures. After tonight(Nov 6), the US will begin a review of what has been learned in the past few years about Afghanistan, its people, specifically Pashtuns; its terrain, its neighborhood- with particular emphasis on Pakistan and the Pashtun tribes who inhabit on your side of the Durand line. US has accumulated a wealth of information.

Combat troops and some equipment will be withdrawn and replaced with the next phase. US will no longer countenance profiteering by likes of Karzai, Taleban tithe takers, Pak Pashtun Truck mafia and others involved in this mega gravy train.

US economy is poised to recover in the next few years. US will soon become a net exporter of Natural Gas and not beholden to House of Saud. In the meantime, US defence industry & others are developing newer means of tackling menacing problems arising out of Southwest Asia/South Central Asia in realtime & expeditiously.

The biggest "X" factor is what & how will the civil & military leadership in Pakistan plan to navigate the coming few years.

So choose well, as you will define the destiny of your region...............!

P.S. Someone should clue Mr I. Khan in; the term WOT is passé.

i have suggestion for them to cooperate with Pak if they really want peace rather blaming us,

i have suggestion for them to cooperate with Pak if they really want peace rather blaming us,

Being friendly to anyone is their right. What cooperation are you asking? What have the Afghans done since before 79 to you that you have this attitude?

They're a different country and will never be under you; face it.

USA pullout will worry India and Northern Alliance who under American shadow were able to gain more share of power than they could actually pull-off. Afghans who are fighting against foreign invasion would be celebrating and regional countries would be comfortable to see NATO leave their neighborhood for good.

Not all Afghans are pro-Pak. In fact not more than 20%! So how are you going to help bring peace there? There's the erstwhile Northern Alliance, tribal overlords, Iran, India, China, The US of A, and CIS Republics that Pakistan would have to contend with. Pakistan is just a small part of that equation, and will have little clout in the region.

I don't know why most Pakistanis think that Afghanistan will become a protectorate of Pakistan! :coffee:

Not all Afghans are pro-Pak. In fact not more than 20%! So how are you going to help bring peace there? There's the erstwhile Northern Alliance, tribal overlords, Iran, India, China, The US of A, and CIS Republics that Pakistan would have to contend with. Pakistan is just a small part of that equation, and will have little clout in the region.

I don't know why most Pakistanis think that Afghanistan will become a protectorate of Pakistan! :coffee:

lol, This is the thing which US of A need to understand, Pakistan is not the small part of the equation, its a biggest part of the equation and directly effected whats going on in Afghanistan from 79 onwards....

They're a different country and will never be under you; face it.
Pft, keep em, heck, take all the afghan immigrants from Pakistan as a generous gift if you like or make Afghanistan your territory, we can care less, we just want to be left alone.

With re-election of Obama, Afghanistan better gear up to take over because Nato will be out of Afghanistan even before the planned withdrawal of 2014.

The US says pretty much the same thing, blaming the US has replaced cricket as the national sport of Pakistan.

Thing is the US gets peace either way because they are going to be on the other side of the Pacific. With the withdrawal already affecting the position of troops and bases i would say the chance for US/Pakistan cooperation has come and gone. The people you need to be thinking about cooperation with are in Kabul

Back
Top Bottom