What's new

US refuses Tot for Javelin ATGM

Well, I don't want to overstate any possibility of manufacturing one ourself, as I don't have access to our current manufacturing abilities (metallurgical research, propellant(s) R&D, sensor(s) design, optronics and guidance). However, if make a relative study of what I had access to previously, it's no space science. Depends upon funding of the project.

Why you no setup a private defense company of your own ! *wishes that there was a troll face emoticon*

On a serious note - Why doesn't the Army save up a few million $$$ over the next 2-3 years and invest into such projects ? Is there a dedicated wing to the Armed Forces that manages finances as such so that a million $ here and a million $ there is available to come up with indigenous versions of the bare minimum that the PA needs - namely an Sniper Rifle, an ATGM, a 150mm self-propelled artillery piece etc.

Why you no setup a private defense company of your own ! *wishes that there was a troll face emoticon*

On a serious note - Why doesn't the Army save up a few million $$$ over the next 2-3 years and invest into such projects ? Is there a dedicated wing to the Armed Forces that manages finances as such so that a million $ here and a million $ there is available to come up with indigenous versions of the bare minimum that the PA needs - namely an Sniper Rifle, an ATGM, a 150mm self-propelled artillery piece etc.

Yes there is a dedicated branch within the GHQ. It's called "Defense Procurement Division," however, historically it has been run by incompetent greedy people. Why I say incompetent? As I haven't seen one practical example where we have succeeded spectacularly. You can think of this division more like a deputation division for generals where money is easy to make before retirement.

Off-topic: Getting into defense production is the stupidest idea a civilian can have. Pakistan and the sub-continet haven't evolved to point where private enterprises can take part in such endeavors, yet! Too much arm-twisting and very few benefits.

Yes there is a dedicated branch within the GHQ. It's called "Defense Procurement Division," however, historically it has been run by incompetent greedy people. Why I say incompetent? As I haven't seen one practical example where we have succeeded spectacularly. You can think of this division more like a deputation division for generals where money is easy to make before retirement.

Off-topic: Getting into defense production is the stupidest idea a civilian can have. Pakistan and the sub-continet haven't evolved to point where private enterprises can take part in such endeavors, yet! Too much arm-twisting and very few benefits.

Yaaar waisee we've got the Javelin or so PakistaniNationalist whose Dad is a military man and others maintained; would it make sense for the Indians to go for the same ?

And how does the Baktar Shikan compare with this weapon ?

Yaaar waisee we've got the Javelin or so PakistaniNationalist whose Dad is a military man and others maintained; would it make sense for the Indians to go for the same ?

And how does the Baktar Shikan compare with this weapon ?
I'm not aware at the moment if we have Javelin or not. Additionally can't make a comparison with Baktar Shikan without complete comparative study. If you ask me about Javelin, then yes, it's a good stand-off weapon system.

What India wanted was to have ToT, not like us, off the shelf purchase. ToT would have enabled them to make such system in great numbers at fraction of cost, PLUS they'd have a much better idea with the specifications at hand, how to avoid such system and develop counter measures for them. I think that is what scared the Yanks!

I'm not aware at the moment if we have Javelin or not. Additionally can't make a comparison with Baktar Shikan without complete comparative study. If you ask me about Javelin, then yes, it's a good stand-off weapon system.

What India wanted was to have ToT, not like us, off the shelf purchase. ToT would have enabled them to make such system in great numbers at fraction of cost, PLUS they'd have a much better idea with the specifications at hand, how to avoid such system and develop counter measures for them. I think that is what scared the Yanks!

Okay...Go Liverpool...Go Liverpool ! Down with United...so now I'm gonna watch the rest of the 2nd Half ! :D

Wonder what have all those indian american members continuously advocating more indo-american defence cooperation have to say on this :p

I guess the reality hasnt sunk in.....we need them as much as they need us.....our complete reliance on Russia has never for good. It has helped but access to more tech all over will lead to more insight and innovations. You can crib all you like....but BJP and Congress will both advocate closer ties to America.....Russia is not in much of a position to counter any Chinese misgivings and quite frankly have helped bolster Chinese weapons platforms more so than INdia.

Actually India is building man portable Nag.but it'll take time as Nag is meant for carrier borne and later heli borne missile,not man portable.but Nag is same top-attack missile like javelin.but javelin can be used against helo,which nag can't.but i always favour spike than javelin,because it is way cheaper and it is a 4th gen missile.there were speculation that india ordered thousands of spike missiles.

Rafael in $1b Indian anti-tank missile deal - Globes

also see this..

http://www.defencenow.com/news/143/...de-nag-atgm-contemplates-javelin-from-us.html

Those who wants american hardware should wake up now

Wake up to what. that the article header is in direct conflict from the statement made by Raytheon.

Wake up up to what- that it's our toys and they are only for sale purposes?

will India provide TOT to every country it sells their Brahmos to?

Go ahead buy an inferior product from another country- nobody stops you.

Israel has refused TOT on some products India has requested too

Mogambo Khush hua!!! USA should never allow TOT to India. Ab IA ke genralo ka kya hoga. BAdi mehnat se NAG ko tarkaya taki $$ milen.

Isn't Javelin ATGM deal is FMS deal?And in FMS deal there is no clouse for ToT its just GoI buying weapons from the shelf.

Isn't Javelin ATGM deal is FMS deal?And in FMS deal there is no clouse for ToT its just GoI buying weapons from the shelf.

do u know what is an FMS deal ?

there is a clause that INdia cannot buy weapons from private manufacturers directly. If we have to, it should be through the govt...

except america, all companies are publicly owned. Hence the FMS route !!!

FMS has nothing to do with ToT clause !!

Back
Top Bottom