What's new

US refuses Tot for Javelin ATGM

There is no such thing as "illegal copying" in defense procurement. These are not lollipops, if you have the ability to copy, copy them by all means. Besides, I think India has full capability to design such a system, I wonder why are you guys acquiring them from abroad? :what:

There is no such thing as "illegal copying" in defense procurement. These are not lollipops, if you have the ability to copy, copy them by all means. Besides, I think India has full capability to design such a system, I wonder why are you guys acquiring them from abroad? :what:

We already have the technology ...NAG missile.......Javelin is entirely different technology ...which only US is having

Javelin is launched by one person...no vehicle is require....very hand and mobile & effective...

USA will block any sales of ATGMs from Israel to India like they did with the AESA radar(elta 2052). So Israel as an option is out.
That leaves Russia - The Kornet ATGM is extremely potent - having been battle tested against the best tanks in the world - Abrams and Merkava(The ATGM disabled 2 Abrams and destroyed upto 2 Merkava).
It's also definitely cheaper than the Javelin and there will not be as many problems regarding the tech transfer(Though knowing Russians one cant be so sure - but they are more reliable than Americans at least)

India really should rely on indigenous technology for anti-tank missiles.

The technology required is not that advanced and well within India's current capability.

We already have the technology ...NAG missile.......Javelin is entirely different technology ...which only US is having

Javelin is launched by one person...no vehicle is require....very hand and mobile & effective...
I know EXACTLY how Javelin works. What I'm saying is India can develop it on it's own.

Because our weapons are not par with super powerful Pakistan acquired Chinese weapons . :rofl:

Getting TOT is faster and cost effective.....if this deal does not happen then India will have develop its own
Yeah it's much easier to acquire knowledge by ToT. However, you do miss the necessary learning curve and technologies, which might be helpful in other projects!

Yeah it's much easier to acquire knowledge by ToT. However, you do miss the necessary learning curve and technologies, which might be helpful in other projects!

Can we manufacture one of our own ? I'm not to sure about the Baktar Shikin...what say you about our existing baby and what we could come up with ?

I am surprised to know that we were asking for the ToT :woot:

Good to know that there are still some people who takes care of future needs. :smokin:

Can we manufacture one of our own ? I'm not to sure about the Baktar Shikin...what say you about our existing baby and what we could come up with ?
Well, I don't want to overstate any possibility of manufacturing one ourself, as I don't have access to our current manufacturing abilities (metallurgical research, propellant(s) R&D, sensor(s) design, optronics and guidance). However, if I make a relative study of what I had access to previously, it's no space science. Depends upon funding of the project.

This is the same problem with these morons for the last 50 fuckin years. The west is always interested in selling, not sharing. The number 1 reason why India went with the soviet union and later russia. I say, scrap the deal, and either buy from Russia or Israel. Better just make it on our own. Let it take 20 years, but atleast we will learn.

For javelin kind of weapon ....TOT will be enough for learning curve.....

We have already several learning curves going on :D

Back
Top Bottom