What's new

US & Pakistan Dispute and Tensions over Haqqani group

No comparison dude. Pakistani troops are in Pakistan. US troops are in a country 18,000 KM away from their own country.

And that makes a difference how.?? Just because they are not in their home country, they become fair game..?? There are other differneces too.. They are mostly christians as against Pak people being mostly muslim.. The skin color is different too.. But does any of that matter to the dead soldier or his family ??

You just had a blast in Peshawar a few hours back.. What if someone makes a comment here that he was hoping for a higher death toll than 31..??

I don't understand why Pakistanis do not bring up the issue of attacks from Afghanistan into Pakistan. If it is Pakistan's responsibility to prevent any attack inside Afghanistan by suspected attackers from Pakistan then it is also the responsibility of the Afghans and the americans to prevent any attack from Afghanistan into Pakistan, simple as that.

1) Pakistan does bring up this issue however it garners only a fraction of attention as compared to an attack in Afghanistan or any American installations.
2) It's pretty simple in principle, however it is a much more complex issue on ground. Reason being that it is a very porous border, tribals cross it as if it were not even there. Secondly, Afghans still lay claim to a significant portion of Pakistani territory. To show their disrespect for the border, they tear down fences that we try to erect to check illegal border crossing. The metal sold for scrap and millions of rupees wasted.

Just call any terror attacks happening in Pakistan "US based" terrorists from now on.

Any troop that has joined today or in the last 10 years (which would be more or less all of US military) would know that he's going to Afghanistan. It's like joining a drug gang and then complaining about having to work with drugs to get your pay check.

Who's complaining.. ?? apart from some Pakistanis that is.. and that too from a safe distance.. The only thing i see is some schmucks like you wishing for a higher death count in a terrorist attack that also killed 3 children. There are multiple threads condemning the Bad Taliban who killed 4 children in a school bus in NWFP yesterday but there is a sense of jubilation about the terror attack by Good Taliban that killed 3 children in Kabul..

Well carry on with this approach and enjoy the ride, which as all can see is getting more interesting by the year since 2001

Any troop that has joined today or in the last 10 years (which would be more or less all of US military) would know that he's going to Afghanistan. It's like joining a drug gang and then complaining about having to work with drugs to get your pay check.

You're comparing a person joining the army/serving the nation to a greedy drug dealer? :rofl:

I rest my case. Bye.

Just call any terror attacks happening in Pakistan "US based" terrorists from now on.

lol just call? since Pakistan have gain controll over movemt of amerians in Pakistan and kicking out 1000s of them the attacks in Pakistan has fallen down very quickly. What u saw in Karachi was another card americans have by using ****** like MQM ANP and PPP.

What have american done to prevent daily attack from Afgan side ? have they ever said sorry ? Taliban has kidnapped over 30 Pakistani children and fled to Afghanistan what have Americans done ? NOTING ?? **** americans and **** them hard !!!

I don't understand why Pakistanis do not bring up the issue of attacks from Afghanistan into Pakistan. If it is Pakistan's responsibility to prevent any attack inside Afghanistan by suspected attackers from Pakistan then it is also the responsibility of the Afghans and the americans to prevent any attack from Afghanistan into Pakistan, simple as that.

Brother it seems as simple to you as well as to us but to US/NATO it doesn't seem so simple. Why???
because they are here for a reason ( new world order etc etc) thats why they are making lame excuses for incursion into pakistan.

Pakistan hits back at Panetta's terror criticism

leon_panetta_123943210_fullwidth_620x350.jpg

ISLAMABAD - American criticism of Islamabad's failure to pursue the Haqqani militant network blamed for this week's attack on the U.S. Embassy in Kabul risks damaging anti-terror cooperation between the two countries, Pakistan's Foreign Ministry warned Thursday.

Pakistan's reluctance to attack the Haqqani group, which U.S. officials say has safe havens in Pakistan and is behind much of the violence in Afghanistan, is a major source of tension.

On Wednesday, U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and other U.S. officials said the Haqqani group was behind the 20-hour assault on the embassy in Kabul. Panetta expressed frustration with Pakistan and issued what was construed in Pakistan as a veiled warning that Washington may take unilateral action against the militants.

Pakistan Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Tehmina Janjua said Thursday that Panetta's remarks were "out of line with the cooperation that exists between the two countries in the war against terrorism." Pakistan's army, which controls defense and foreign policy, declined comment on his remarks.

Islamabad has resisted attacking the Haqqanis because they do not pose a direct threat to Pakistan. The army is engaged in a bloody fight with other militant groups. It fears that making enemies of the Haqqanis now could tip the country into even greater chaos.

The army also believes it will be able to use the group, with which it has ties going back to the U.S.-backed resistance against Soviet rule in Afghanistan, to ensure its arch-enemy India does not gain a foothold there once the American troops leave.

Panetta said it was unacceptable that the Haqqanis are able to launch attacks and then flee to safe havens across the border in Pakistan. "The message they (the Pakistanis) need to know is: we're going to do everything we can to defend our forces," Panetta told reporters.

The United States has fired scores of missiles at Haqqani fighters in North Waziristan since 2008, killing many low and midlevel fighters. Those attacks were initially tolerated by Pakistani authorities but have developed into another irritant in ties.

In recent months, Pakistani officials have alleged that militants are crossing over from Afghanistan and attacking Pakistani troops and civilians, leading them to complain of "safe havens" in Afghanistan. Janjua raised this issue, saying NATO and the U.S. should also address it.

------------------

@ Mods: I tried to look for the thread discussing Panetta's statements to include this report in there, but could not find it. If such a thread does exist, please merge it, if possible. Thank you.

....Bad Omen for pakistan.....Can not play victim card in US papers and bomb US forces in Kabul.....

....Bad Omen for Pakistan.....Can not play victim card in US papers and bomb US forces in Kabul.....

Well we Pakistanis consider it as a good Omen , good thing will be that we(People of Pakistan not Politicians) will out of American's camp. And America is in no position to go on collision course with Pakistan . :pakistan:

....Bad Omen for pakistan.....Can not play victim card in US papers and bomb US forces in Kabul.....

Hypocrisy on part of US, Assisting Taliban in establishing offices around the world on one hand and asking Pakistan to fight them on the other.

Playing good taliban, bad taliban are we?

And that makes a difference how.?? Just because they are not in their home country, they become fair game..?? There are other differneces too.. They are mostly christians as against Pak people being mostly muslim.. The skin color is different too.. But does any of that matter to the dead soldier or his family ??

You just had a blast in Peshawar a few hours back.. What if someone makes a comment here that he was hoping for a higher death toll than 31..??

They being christian or skin colour being different is irrelevant. A military operating in its own country vs a military operating in a different country is something altogether different, though. They're occupying and invading another country. That's what makes the difference. Pakistan military isn't doing such. It's in its own country.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Who's complaining.. ?? apart from some Pakistanis that is.. and that too from a safe distance.. The only thing i see is some schmucks like you wishing for a higher death count in a terrorist attack that also killed 3 children. There are multiple threads condemning the Bad Taliban who killed 4 children in a school bus in NWFP yesterday but there is a sense of jubilation about the terror attack by Good Taliban that killed 3 children in Kabul..

Well carry on with this approach and enjoy the ride, which as all can see is getting more interesting by the year since 2001

Nice try in putting words in my mouth. I only wish this for US troops. Not even for non-US troops. Forget children.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

You're comparing a person joining the army/serving the nation to a greedy drug dealer? :rofl:

I rest my case. Bye.

It's merely an analogy. Someone who joins drug gangs knows what they were be doing. In that respect, the same is true for US soldiers.

You said that they wouldn't want to be in Afghanistan if they had the choice. But obviously when they joined the military, they knew they were going to be deployed there. So they did this out of choice, obviously.

get some new sh!t to say, you are repeating same crap on all threads.

and what does Pakistan has to do with KABUL? and what is nato doing there?

Pakistan is not suppose to protect these idiots.

Btw, well done to who ever did this. I was hoping for at least 200 US troops dead, but it's better than nothing. At least it shows us where the war is going.

first of all you need medical help & secondly trust me the psychiatrist's in "CSIS" canada will be more then happy to help you, they are experts in treating such "mental disorders symptoms"

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom