What's new

US & Pakistan Dispute and Tensions over Haqqani group

No matter what the americans say Pakistan will never be a compliant and or predictable ally of Amreeks. If US think otherwise after all this time then they are foolish to say the least

Are we supposed to be surprised? Who else could have been responsible? RAW, MOSSAD, KGB, LeT, TTP, JeM, Chechen rebels, Dawood Abrahim.....Or the Quetta Shaura? Oh well, nuff said!

Last time I checked, the US and NATO are closing deals with Taliban and offering them offices around the world.

Perhaps some guy in there didn't like the deal :lol:

Btw, well done to who ever did this. I was hoping for at least 200 US troops dead, but it's better than nothing. At least it shows us where the war is going.

how would you feel if someone wished for a higher body count in one or more of the many attacks on Pakistani forces / frontier corps.. ?? or more bomb blasts in Pakistan??

Americans cannot fool everyone all the time. Why don't Americans fence the border or let us do that...

Americans are an obsessed bunch of people.

Btw, well done to who ever did this. I was hoping for at least 200 US troops dead, but it's better than nothing. At least it shows us where the war is going.

Troops are just following the orders of some selfish politicians and as any army man would tell you, they're only doing it as a service to their country. Given a choice, none of this US troops would want to be in Afghanistan.

For you to wish there was more dead, I think there's something mentally wrong with you. Go get yourself to a psychiatrist :tdown:

“But if the militants are doing something inside Afghanistan, then it is the responsibility of the Afghan and Western forces to hold them on the borders,” he said.

Just as Pakistani forces should hold them on the borders when they enter Pakistan to wreak havoc...

Islamabad fends off U.S. warning on "Pakistan-based" militants

(Reuters) - U.S. officials, including Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, suspect militants from the Haqqani network were behind Tuesday's rocket attack on the U.S. Embassy compound in Kabul, as well as a truck bomb last Saturday that wounded 77 American forces.

"Time and again we've urged the Pakistanis to exercise their influence over these kinds of attacks from the Haqqanis. And we have made very little progress in that area," Panetta told reporters flying with him to San Francisco on Wednesday.

"I think the message they need to know is: we're going to do everything we can to defend our forces."

Pakistani officials said it was the responsibility of U.S.-led forces to crack down on militants when they enter Afghanistan.

"We are using all our resources to fight terrorism. As far as these issues like Haqqani network launching attacks from Pakistani territory is concerned, has any proof ever been given?" said a senior Pakistani military official who asked not to be named.

"But if the militants are doing something inside Afghanistan, then it is the responsibility of the Afghan and Western forces to hold them on the borders," he said.

"They let everyone go scot-free on their side (of the border) and then they say Pakistan is not doing enough."

SUSPECTED TIES TO THE HAQQANIS

Pakistan's Directorate of Inter-Services Intelligence has long been suspected of maintaining ties with the Haqqani network, cultivated during the 1980s when Jalaluddin Haqqani was a feared battlefield commander against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.

Pakistan says it has no links to the group.

Panetta said he was concerned about the Haqqanis' ability to attack American troops and then "escape back into what is a safe haven in Pakistan."

"And that's unacceptable," Panetta said.

U.S. and Pakistani officials recently noted strong counter-terrorism cooperation after senior al Qaeda operative Younis al-Mauritani was captured in Pakistan this month.

"The bilateral relationship is still in deep trouble but the atmospherics are a bit better. Name calling has largely ended for now :lol:," said former senior CIA analyst Bruce Riedel, who has advised Obama on policy in South Asia.

"Distrust has not gone away, nor has the fundamental difference in the approach to terror.

Statements by unnamed military officials is hardly "fending off". I mean we have US defense secretary openly accusing Pakistan.

I'm not even going to try and justify how this had nothing to do with Pakistan, I'll just speak on the anvil of plain logic. What about the large scale border infiltrations into Pakistan? ISAF and ANA cannot hope for Pakistan to do their share of the fighting when we have our hands full here as well. They have the resources and it's their problem. Mine the border for all we care, not like it's a Pakistani's favourite holiday retreat.
In a nutshell, it's US' problem, they can deal with it............

This attack is condemnable and may hit peace process going in Afghanistan, in other hand ANA has to make more check posts and improve security not to let militants into Afghanistan and block them. ANA has to work closely with PA to eliminate these militants. US/NATO very quickly accused Pakistan but they don't want to accept their incompetence to tackle militancy in Afghanistan. They haven’t interests because on one side they are sheltering militants in Kunar, Nuristan, Northern & eastern provinces and blame goes to Pakistan.

Haqqani group behind Kabul attack: US ambassador
AP (1 hour ago) Today
KABUL: The US ambassador to Afghanistan says the Pakistani-based Haqqani network is behind the coordinated attack against the American Embassy and Nato headquarters in the heart of Kabul.

Ambassador Ryan Crocker says the attack, which ended on Wednesday morning after a 20-hour gunbattle, will not affect the transfer of security responsibilities from the US-led military coalition to the Afghan security forces.

The Haqqani network is affiliated with both the Taliban and al-Qaeda.

Crocker says it’s in the long-term interest of Pakistan, Afghanistan and the international community to bring the group under control, as well as other militants who retain safe havens across the border in Pakistan.

It was better if they called meeting of military commanders of PA-ANA-ISAF and discussed this matter directly than shooting with despicable media firs which can strain military cooperation.

It was better if they called meeting of military commanders of PA-ANA-ISAF and discussed this matter directly than shooting with despicable media firs which can strain military cooperation.

Well, the US is persuaded that the only way to deal with Pakistan is to nail them to the wall and that this is best done in public opinion, especially as it creates justification for possible actions at a later date.

Pakistan instead of cleaning up their house and preparing for those future actions, seems to be saying that it would prefer to hold out for a deal to play dead for.

how would you feel if someone wished for a higher body count in one or more of the many attacks on Pakistani forces / frontier corps.. ?? or more bomb blasts in Pakistan??

No comparison dude. Pakistani troops are in Pakistan. US troops are in a country 18,000 KM away from their own country.

Troops are just following the orders of some selfish politicians and as any army man would tell you, they're only doing it as a service to their country. Given a choice, none of this US troops would want to be in Afghanistan.

For you to wish there was more dead, I think there's something mentally wrong with you. Go get yourself to a psychiatrist :tdown:

Any troop that has joined today or in the last 10 years (which would be more or less all of US military) would know that he's going to Afghanistan. It's like joining a drug gang and then complaining about having to work with drugs to get your pay check.

I don't understand why Pakistanis do not bring up the issue of attacks from Afghanistan into Pakistan. If it is Pakistan's responsibility to prevent any attack inside Afghanistan by suspected attackers from Pakistan then it is also the responsibility of the Afghans and the americans to prevent any attack from Afghanistan into Pakistan, simple as that.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom