What's new

US & Pakistan Dispute and Tensions over Haqqani group

I already know your source express tribune right?

BBC News - Haqqanis: Growth of a militant network

US officials have blamed co-ordinated attacks in Kabul on the Haqqani militant network. The Haqqanis have grown from a CIA-backed anti-Soviet group into one of the most feared anti-Western militant organisations in the region, writes the BBC's M Ilyas Khan in Islamabad.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I believe western sources compared to express tribune thats for sure

You do realize that Express Tribune is reproducing a 'Reuters' article, don't you?

Haven't bharatis been using Express tribune as a source heavily anyway, since it often prints things they like?

Its off season. so these migratory group doesn't make sanctuaries in the place.

Come December, they will regroup and make new sanctuaries cause its the mating season.

This is all posturing to encourage us to go into NWA, our people know it, and are not sweating it.

Hey why doesn't India send some of its troops in Afghanistan to fight against Taliban?..US would love to pitch them against Taliban and Haqqani network in War on Terror..Indians should come up with this suggestion to US.....
India is not anybody's puppy to get involved in every issue and expect some titbits. We have our own problems and we are dealing with them efficiently.

Oops I forgot, they cant even control the unarmed Kashmiris......:D
:lol:

Suspicions are mutual, We suspect America of reciprocating the same actions by aiding such nefarious activities within Pakistan. It's a matter between USA & Pakistan only. The so-called ''rest of the world'' which is being predominantly represented by Indians here, need to get a life.

^ True. The whole world, as far as the bharatis are concerned, is Bharat and some western countries. :lol:

He is a US puppet more or less, and he only controls Kabul.

Still though, doesn't change the fact that US soldiers are invaders in Afghanistan, not on some peace mission. I am really surprised I am having to tell the difference between the two. Shouldn't be having to tell such elemental difference.

Its a matter or opinion.. Taliban were the original invaders and at the time of US intervention in the country, their govt was not recognized by a single country except Pakistan.. Hmm...

So technically US and NATO are helping Afghanistan repel the pakistan backed invaders... See the difference...???

Evidence ties Haqqani group to Pakistan: Munter
AP (1 hour ago) Today
ISLAMABAD: The US ambassador to Islamabad said in remarks broadcast Saturday that there is evidence linking the Haqqani insurgent network to the Pakistani government, a charge that could raise tensions in an already strained anti-terror alliance between Washington and Islamabad.

The US and Nato blame the Haqqani network for many of the attacks in Afghanistan, including this week’s strike on the US Embassy.

The group — affiliated with both the Taliban and al Qaeda — and its army of several thousand fighters is widely assumed to be based just over the Afghan border in Pakistan.

US officials have long suspected links between the Pakistan military and the Haqqani network.

But needing Pakistani cooperation to beat al Qaeda and stabilize Afghanistan, they rarely say so publicly and as directly as Ambassador Cameron Munter did in an interview with Radio Pakistan that was broadcast Saturday.

“The attack that took place in Kabul a few days ago, that was the work of the Haqqani Network,” Munter said during the interview.

“And the facts, that we have said in the past, (is) that there are problems, there is evidence linking the Haqqani network to the Pakistan government. This is something that must stop.”

The army and the government were not available for comment.

They also had evidence against Iraq's WMDs. :lol:

Please show the evidence (I saw to Mr. Ambassador) , otherwise STFU.

Fair point, but when a US official is openly accusing your country of something you don't ask him to stfu. Lets see what Pak Gov/Army has to say about these allegations.

Who knows funding for Daimer Bhasha project might be on the line.

More delusions, conspiracy theories, and hypocrisy from US (and bharatis) LOL. Where the hell is the evidence? Suspecting this, suspecting that.

And look at these bharatis. My god, these people have no shame. Guys, at least have some shame. You vehemently attack us for not giving proof but lap onto US conspiracy theories, LOL. Even a brute would know deep down how big a hypocrite he/she is if they were doing something like this. I fail to believe you guys don't know that you're the hypocrites of the highest order.

Non of the bharatis demanded evidence so far in this thread..! Hypocrites they are, subscribing to these conspiracy theories without evidence!
Bharti is a synonym of Hypocrisy.
American is a synonym of conspiracy theory.

Non of the bharatis demanded evidence so far in this thread..! Hypocrites they are, subscribing to these conspiracy theories without evidence!
Bharti is a synonym of Hypocrisy.
American is a synonym of conspiracy theory.

Buddy, you are missing the point here.. Its not that there is a proof of Pakistan's involvement..

The real point to ponder is that NATO/US who are formally the staunch ally of Pakistan, who call Pakistan the Major Non NATO ally, and from where your COAS recently got a major medal for his already full uniform, are accusing you publicly of being hand in glove with terrorists and responsible for killing your ally forces.. And then a day back your PM was planning to set up meetings with USA's president failing which he decided not to even go for the UN submit..

Kind of weird.. dont you think

Its a matter or opinion.. Taliban were the original invaders and at the time of US intervention in the country, their govt was not recognized by a single country except Pakistan.. Hmm...

So technically US and NATO are helping Afghanistan repel the pakistan backed invaders... See the difference...???

How can someone be an invader in their own country? You do realize btw that Taliban had large support among Afghans at the time they were created? So it doesn't matter whether someone recognizes them or not (UAE and KSA also recognized them btw :lol:).

^ We've (i.e. Pakistan government) also accused them of supporting TTP I believe, despite being a major non NATO ally. But you were still asking for proof, IIRC?

Btw, of course it matters that they're not providing evidence. That's the main thing as far as this topic is concerned.

How can someone be an invader in their own country? You do realize btw that Taliban had large support among Afghans at the time they were created? So it doesn't matter whether someone recognizes them or not (UAE and KSA also recognized them btw :lol:).

They had support, but you cant say large support. It is the same as the Taliban in Pakistan, you cant claim that all NWFP and FATA are supporting the Taliban, you can surely say they have support.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom