What's new

US paid Pakistan billions of dollars to counter terror

GoP -Musharraf- has struck a striking balance between anti western elements in Pakistan and the western support resulting in sustained growth.
Even without 9/11 and WoT we would have grown, therefore read the chapter 'Rebuiding 'the Nation' in Musharraf's book.

Appoingting Shaukat Aziz for the job was one of the best choices Musharraf has taken.
He's the masterbrain behing our Wirstchafts Wunder. :flag:

GoP -Musharraf- has struck a striking balance between anti western elements in Pakistan and the western support resulting in sustained growth.
Even without 9/11 and WoT we would have grown, therefore read the chapter 'Rebuiding 'the Nation' in Musharraf's book.

Appoingting Shaukat Aziz for the job was one of the best choices Musharraf has taken.
He's the masterbrain behing our Wirstchafts Wunder. :flag:

Before 911.....pakistan was not getting along due to some wizardry of musharaf or shaukat aziz....far from it.

Pakistan handed Nawaz sharif to king of Saudi Arabia for about 1-2 billion dollars annual oil. Thats how pakistan kept on ticking along....nothing wotsoever to do with shaukat aziz. Even after 911 Saudi Arabia kept on giving free oil to the tune of 600 million. They only stopped it...when pakistan had gotten back to its feet.

No matter how much you praise or love mushy or aziz never forget the role of the person of nawaz sharif......infact NS is the only leader in pakistan's history who can hold his head high and claim...i have been worth many billion dollars to my homeland and he can back up his claim too.

Pay attention to mushy saying he considers King of Saudi Arabia as an elder brother in his book.....but the fact remains it was for Nawaz sharif the original younger brother of King of Saudi Arabia....that King Abdullah offerred mushy free oil worth 1-2 billion dollars annual....mushy listened and accepted this offer and came close to King abdullah....but the bridge was Nawaz Sharif....and it was NS freedom which brought the lifeline of 1-2 billion dollars annual.

Our economy is not doing good because of the war, its doing good inspite of it.

Your economy was in shambleseven before WoT, as ur leaders didnt take care of it and was hogwashing the people with the anti India rheotoric.

Actually right after Musharraf's appointment as CE the economy had done a nice turn around. I'd agree it was bad still, but compare it to what it was before Musharraf.

The money we got was hardly the equivalent of the service we had provided for America. But we made the most of it and here we are.

Actually right after Musharraf's appointment as CE the economy had done a nice turn around. I'd agree it was bad still, but compare it to what it was before Musharraf.

The money we got was hardly the equivalent of the service we had provided for America. But we made the most of it and here we are.

So my point is vindicated right?
The economy did better during the period of WoT.

Money can never be enough my friend, more the merrier!!!

The economy did turn better, but WoT was a factor working against it. There is a difference when you say WoT and the time period of the WoT.

I guess America considers India a terrorist nation in that case..all the aid given to us to fight terrorists will be used to fight India...so all Indians who think that US is their freind think again..it supports Pakistan..has US given India even one dollar in aid?? in fact it is taking money away from you by making you buy their F-16 and F-18 while Pakistan gets them almost free, allowing us to spend more money on J-10 and JF-17 which is better than MIRAGE 2000,SU-30 MKI and PAKFA....america will continue to give us money to fight India...long live Pakistan and long live America and its money ...

I guess America considers India a terrorist nation in that case..all the aid given to us to fight terrorists will be used to fight India...so all Indians who think that US is their freind think again..it supports Pakistan..has US given India even one dollar in aid?? in fact it is taking money away from you by making you buy their F-16 and F-18 while Pakistan gets them almost free, allowing us to spend more money on J-10 and JF-17 which is better than MIRAGE 2000,SU-30 MKI and PAKFA....america will continue to give us money to fight India...long live Pakistan and long live America and its money ...

Himeed, i somehow did not expect such a childish statement from you.

US has always supported Pakistan, and Russia has supported us. That is the reason India does not trust the US, and that it the blotch that US is trying to erase from India. That is why now it says to de-hyphenate its relationship bw India and Pakistan. That is why we got the nuke deal and Pakistan did not.

India recives a lot of aid from US from USAID and other areas, infact i think India is one of the biggest aid recievers from US. India is still a developing country.

US is not/cannot make India buy anything it wants. Yes Pakistan does not get them cheap, they get favourable terms of payment which is in essence, buy now,pay slowly, no interest.

If you think J-10 is better than the Su-30MKI, then you dont have knowledge. If you think JF-17 is better than the Mirage 2005 , then you dont have knowledge. And as of now, Pakistan has neither planes. So dont even mention them.
If you dont see yet, US has started offering us equiment not offered to Pakistan. US wants a different relationship on a much different level than what it as with Pakistan. It wants IN to monitor IOR, so that US fleets and Japanese fleets get things a bit easiler, etc, etc. Frankly India cares two hoots about what US wants from it, but US is now in a what you call 'honeymoon' :D as of now with India.

Its no doubt indians are never interested in any american arms,cuz america use embargo as tool, time after time. Pakistan learnt this lesson more then three time. Thats why India always look for free of bugs partner, like russia. We should remember, after 1998 nuclear test our US weapons were parked for years. But not in case of India.
Thats why Pakistan had no choice, just to start JF17 programme and total chinese technology.

Indeed it is childish statement made by hameed except this,

he's got some point relating to the money$$$ US gave pakistan to counter terrorism, where the hell is all the money gone, to buy more arms and nukes etc. why? for its defence or to combat india solely, which does make alot of sense...
so I dont see any thing wrong in this statement, its just a fact!!!

Hi,

So, Skeptic---you are saying that the dead elephant is worth more.

he's got some point relating to the money$$$ US gave pakistan to counter terrorism, where the hell is all the money gone, to buy more arms and nukes etc. why? for its defence or to combat india solely, which does make alot of sense...

What abt the money paid by US as ransom? Mushraff said he doesnt know abt where or who the money went to but had said he will look into it.
Any news abt it in the media?

Yes, it is a fact that US paid bounties would be harmful to India. But considering the circumstances. Pakistan used most of the aid, to service and pay off its debts, get money for infrastructure, use during the earthquake. The money has been well spent and saved Pakistan from a financial crisis. Among all that, military equipment was most certainly bought and will be used against India. That us why India protests so much about any thing given to Pakistan. In this case, i can say, not much of money went to buy arms, but in other cases, you are very right.

Yes, it is a fact that US paid bounties would be harmful to India. But considering the circumstances. Pakistan used most of the aid, to service and pay off its debts, get money for infrastructure, use during the earthquake. The money has been well spent and saved Pakistan from a financial crisis. Among all that, military equipment was most certainly bought and will be used against India. That us why India protests so much about any thing given to Pakistan. In this case, i can say, not much of money went to buy arms, but in other cases, you are very right.

Offcourse Pakistan has to use the money for its infrastructure or such things. indeed they used some of it during earth quake crisis as well,
some of it went to the pockets:rolleyes:

and i cant deny this........
but alot of it has been used for military purposes.....and that was my point infact it was hameed's point, so whats the cry.....:confused: ?

What abt the money paid by US as ransom? Mushraff said he doesnt know abt where or who the money went to but had said he will look into it.
Any news abt it in the media?

Every one knows where that money went and you also, so stop pulling the legs....:disagree:

Back
Top Bottom