What's new

US offers its latest fighter to India

not sure....wait until the news become official.
in any case this will seriously jepordaise the military balance of indo Pak and such imbalances invite non conventional ways.
It is alarming time for Pakistan, specially when black water is hidding in Pakistan with a plan.

if this news is true,The yankees are reaaally getting desperate man!.....hell with 126 jets,just get 50-60 if price offered too high and rule sa sky. .......but still if it is 6ffered,it will not offer tot or other things demanded by goi along with the mrca contract.....but really ,who cares?.....when its the lightening.....lol @ lightineng and the raptorsky in indian colours a decade from now!

I totally agree with you.

Well said patriot.
Infact no country other than those getting f-35 shall have it.
That includes india, china and even russia.
But, in the larger picture india and russia will start inducting fgfa close to 2020, as prototype tests have started.
China will have something similar in the same time.

Unfortunately things will get worse for Paf, as by 2030, when they might get Jxx india will hav 150 fgfa, and possibly 50 mca if it gets done by 2025, which is quite possible as design has commenced and unlike LCA, THIS TIME INDIA HAVE GRT LESSONS & TECH FRM PAKFA PROGRAM.

Why shouldn't India forget about everything else and just go for F-35. If India join the US camp, I'm certain India will grow much faster and have no problem getting the latest US weapon.

leave the cheif justice out and since when iran became our friend?
do you know any iranian or have you been to iran?

subject matter is a serious development and cannot be ignored.
Nuclear prolifiration is still under the cover of civil use but f-35 have no civil use.
Now it is all connecting they way recently in surprise move indians objected to China for defence development co-operation with Pakistan.
where as, China just started to have break through in his military developments and by the time China make F-35 equivalent US may have moved on.
but God knows better.

When compare to US, china is still ages behind. It will not be well into the latter half of this century when China can compete with the US in terms of technology. However, China can catch and surpass Russia and Europe in a generation though.

If India gets F-35, will it still need the 5th gen from Russia? There is no way that India can get enough money for both (maintenence will be a nightmare), so one needs to be dropped... Also it will spell the MCA project dead basically.

If this is true, can we imagine what else is going on between closed curtains?

I'm tired of listening to so many people say US will back stab you in a wink!!! agreed, US cannot be trusted but am I the only one to think that US does not see Pakistan and India in the same light?

anyway lets wait for an official note, till then its only speculative...

not sure....wait until the news become official.
in any case this will seriously jepordaise the military balance of indo Pak and such imbalances invite non conventional ways.
It is alarming time for Pakistan, specially when black water is hidding in Pakistan with a plan.

in the past, India used to cry whenever Pak gets weapons from US, now the scene seems to be reversed.
Only thing pak needs to do my mind (no offence)..
STOP SUPPORTING TERRORISM,
Do Not ally close with China (because that will create more headaches for a weak country)
Forget India centric policy and make a no war treaty with INDIA.

India should stop inducting sophisticated weapons as therz no need for it, when u have peaceful relations with Pak.

Im just worried 'bout how the things r goin in South-East Asia.Look at the European Union.They worked together for a better economy,common currency and a stable society.We r doin' just the opposite in South-East Asia.India screams at the top its voice level when some high-grade military equipment is sold to Pakistan,Pakistan does just the same when something is bought by India.We fail to notice that its a foreign power which is fueling this arms race.

I dont blame US for wat it is doin'.If there is a market,there is demand for goods then the goods will be sold by an agent willing to make some money out of it.Thats standard business policy.Its we the people is SE-Asia who should determine what is good for us.

The JSF offer by itself is too lucrative an offer to reject.Im quite sure PAF would also like to have some of them if they were offered,and i believe even PAF will be eventually offered someday.Why?? because its just good business.

While we(both India and Pakistan) go for these massive arms purchase,we put a strain on our economy,and contribute to the economy of a third party.

The greatest wealth of a country is its people.Lot of great things can happen when the people unite and stand for what they believe in.
Instead of working against each other we all should rather work alongside each other,so that the situation for arms race and even a possible war may not even arise in future.Frankly speaking,with the present generation weapons,none of us r in a position to afford any full-blown war.

Let us give our best cooperation to peace processes initiated by the people like "Aman ki Asha",let us all work together for a better economy,a better future.

It wont be an easy thing to do,but would be a miracle and an example for generations to come if we achieve peace in the region and confidence over each other..Its easy to pickup a gun and shoot.. u just have to pull the trigger..but difficult to save a dying man...
The newer generation should work on to bring peace otherwise someday we will all end up destroying ourselves...:cheers::cheers::smitten::smitten::tup::tup::yahoo::yahoo:

This offer was for the Indian navy

Which needs carrier aircraft.

The F-35 is the best out there. No doubt the navy would navy will get at lest 1 squadron for each of its carriers that can launch an F-35.

The air force has already said it has no interest in the f-35 as it is still in development, and not available till after 2015.

But i doubt the navy will choose a fighter if it doesn't have service centers in India.

Care to tell which year we'll have war, in this case it is wise for PAF not to wait for 2030? or if all these expensive shopping is for nothing and in such case PAF should not care if india get 100 F-35 and 100 nukes from US.

as a senior member, you should have given better reply than the one above. even kids think twice before coming to such conclusion.

i agree, paf had edge over iaf in the past but not now and definitely will not in the foreseeable future. you CANNOT win a war with india.period.

you wanted to mean that in 2030 india will look like a monster, so pak should wage war shortly? common, dont commit suicide .

If the news is true than I see F-18 coming to the 'Home'.

At this point its between the F-18 and Rafael

Because MoD is looking at the navy's needs as well.

what ever plane is selected for MMRCA will have service centers in India, which both the IAF and IN can use.

but as it is it seems the F-18 is the choice for MoD

But the IAF also has a say in the matter.

we shall see

Not going to happened until 2020. The sale agreement might be signed soon but delivery wont take place before2020.

yes, nothing can happen in next 10 years keep telling your self that

Back
Top Bottom