What's new

US never wants a friendly indo pak relation

I would argue the us craves power and domination more than just business.

And name which country doesn't crave power...all countries wants to be powerful and have influence in the world arena. So what is wrong with that

By this logic Russia do not want peace between India and pakistan !

India buy weapons from Russia and pakisan from china,when did America came into picture ?

Stop posting rubbish stuff.

Why the US ? It is not in the interest of the West , China , Israel & Russia either if India & Pak were to patch up.

Look how much we buy from them ? \\Its simple economics..our animosity feeds their industry.

It is not US....Pakistan never wanted any good relations with India. Just look at the history since 1947, you will get the answer

Wasn't it your dear Indira Gandhi who said she will throw the Two Nation Theory down the Indian Ocean and then told her troops to violate the International Borders and invade Lahore, Pakistan.

U.S. today wants Pakistan and India to be friends so that Pakistan can help US fight "terrorists" near the Afghan border, but how can Pakistan believe U.S. when India has stationed most of its troop along the Pakistan Border, including the LoC in Kashmir.

US does not want a war between India and Pakistan, but it is not in their interest to let India and Pakistan become friends.
if we always have a panga with each other, US can sell weapons to India and Pak
.....still on thanks getting spree..:usflag:

Yah right!

Just look at this forum, and you ll know why India and Pakistan will never have friendly relations. I actually had some hope before I joined this forum. Not anymore:lol:

I think US do want a friendly Indo-Pak relations. They will be more at ease with their nuke arsenal, tensions between the two countries will be low thus more investors from US can invest. Heck, they might even work together without the US to increase internal security by learning from each other

Yah right!

Just look at this forum, and you ll know why India and Pakistan will never have friendly relations. I actually had some hope before I joined this forum. Not anymore:lol:

You are right, mate.

I am hoping that India, Pakistan and other Asians will start huge wars like WW2. This will give us hard lessons to see many bloodshed and dies of beloved one and family.

Let's start WW3, we will take a look back later. If not, then next step is WW4. Til we come to realize and sense to be united just like Europe.

US never wants a frindly indo-pak relation!!india and pakistan are major defence buyers in world scenario..and the US doest want goodwill between these two giants as such a scenario would seriously hamper US economy!!
Not only Indo-Pak relations but also Sino-Indian relations. Look what happened at the ASEAN meet where the US of A started sowing the seeds of discord between ASEAN nations especially against China. That translates to more weapon sales to Australia, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea and probably Vietnam a little later.

India-Pak hyphenation is a passe at least from how USA perceives the situation in this part of the world .... its India-China hyphenation that USA would be more interested in going forward ....

USA doesnt want friendship between India and china simply because that would undermine the global dominance of USA as a superpower and wants India to emerge strong contender to counter Chinese threat and keep Chinese under check !

India would be well advised to not fall for it and maintain friendly relation with both China and US like how its doing since the last 30 odd yrs !

It's easy to blame the US.

When India confronts Pakistan, it's America's fault.
When India confronts China, it's America's fault.

Sure, whatever... :coffee:

How about acknowledging that India needs an external bogeyman to maintain internal unity? First the bogeyman was Pakistan; now it's China...

I dont want to ruin the thread but u guyz started the mess with kashmir.
How so? Have you even bothered to read the relevant Security Council Resolutions that clearly indicates that Pakistan started the war to capture Kashmir with 'razakars' and regular troops. Here's the relevant portion...

RESOLUTION 47 (1948) ON THE INDIA-PAKISTAN QUESTION SUBMITTED JOINTLY BY THE REPRESENTATIVES FOR BELGIUM, CANADA, CHINA, COLUMBIA, THE UNITED KINGDOM AND UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ADOPTED BY THE SECURITY COUNCIL AT ITS 286TH MEETING HELD ON 21 APRIL, 1948. (DOCUMENT NO. S/726, DATED THE 21ST APRIL, 1948).

A - RESTORATION OF PEACE AND ORDER

The Government of Pakistan should undertake:

To secure the withdrawal from the State of Jammu and Kashmir of tribesmen and Pakistani nationals not normally resident therein who have entered the State for the purposes of fighting, and to prevent any intrusion into the State of such elements and any furnishing of material aid to those fighting in the State.

Well, the question is, has Pakistan complied with this? Not till today, and yet Pakistan keeps harping on a 'Plebiscite according the the Security Council Resolutions'!

Now then, who started the mess in Kashmir?

I think US actually wants good Indo-Pak relation which is a part of broader geo-political game-plan. The current warm relation between New Delhi and Islamabad is due to US pressure. Neither US nor China can afford hostile relation between two south asian nuclear powers.

Back
Top Bottom