What's new

US military may hand over Afghan war equipment to Pakistan

not the new ones off course, but we are talking about the ones used /abused in rough terrain of Afghanistan for the last 13/14 years.

We cant afford new ones each at over $600 thou. Used ones it is if we have to field them in quantitative numbers.

I didn't mean the capability of MRAPS. I know they are very capable.

I meant that nothing is for free, the condition of these vehicles will count alot, if they are worthy of being used for some time, then why not, but we have to keep in mind, at what cost......

That I believe is understood sir. I'm not advocating blindly accepting without checks, but we lose more soldiers to IEDs than actual combat so the need for a quick result is of utmost importance.

No need to buy junk.
They would make more money from spares for this equipment.
anything but junk, they have saved lives in Iraq and Afghanistan and are far better than the tin can toyota trucks that are used by our military. if the lives of our army men is considered cheaper than the running costs then yes we dont really need to use them for COIN operations just hand them over to Itifaq Foundry of Mian brothers

We cant afford new ones each at over $600 thou. Used ones it is if we have to field them in quantitative numbers.

wish some one give me the cost comparison of the following

1. cost of the loss of the mission due to ill equipped unprotected soft skinned vehicles

2. cost of the military men killed due to tin can vehicles currently in use

3. cost of the rehabilitation of the military men maimed for life

4. cost of loss of morale of the military

5. cost of the propaganda boost to the terrorists after repeated successes against the military in IED, suicide ramming and remote detonations
vs the cost of acquiring and maintaining these vehicles that brought down the causality rate of NATO forces to zero.

Last edited:
anything but junk, they have saved lives in Iraq and Afghanistan and are far better than the tin can toyota trucks that are used by our military. if the lives of our army men is considered cheaper than the running costs then yes we dont really need to use them for COIN operations just hand them over to Itifaq Foundry of Mian brothers

wish some one give me the cost comparison of the following

1. cost of the loss of the mission due to ill equipped unprotected soft skinned vehicles

2. cost of the military men killed due to tin can vehicles currently in use

3. cost of the rehabilitation of the military men maimed for life

4. cost of loss of morale of the military

5. cost of the propaganda boost to the terrorists after repeated successes against the military in IED, suicide ramming and remote detonations
vs the cost of acquiring and maintaining these vehicles that brought down the causality rate of NATO forces to zero.

What you say has its merits, but fielding such vehicles requires training and extensive know how of the vehicles which is still a good year or two away from deployment given that we acquire these vehicles. Casualties still did happen, but injuries were more like it. You can see the videos of MRAPs hitting IEDs. Inside the soldiers were safe. The vehicle shred to pieces.

What you say has its merits, but fielding such vehicles requires training and extensive know how of the vehicles which is still a good year or two away from deployment given that we acquire these vehicles. Casualties still did happen, but injuries were more like it. You can see the videos of MRAPs hitting IEDs. Inside the soldiers were safe. The vehicle shred to pieces.

fortunately its a land vehicle and our technicians and drivers only need the basic crash course for their deployment. I have first hand experience of our MT personnel and drivers. they are very resourceful, versatile and quick learners.. there are no memos, "working lunches and committees formed for them.. they have used equipment in the war times when the new equipment was para-dropped in the field or sent to them by road during the war time. what you are pointing at is the long term maintenance and that can be run parallel to their induction. military vehicles are multi-fuel very robust and built for extremes.

if the red tape and the bickering brigade had its way then these vehicles will never see any field deployment in Pakistan army let alone in 2 years.. we will continue to loose men and material and the operations to the terrorists.

fortunately its a land vehicle and our technicians and drivers only need the basic crash course for their deployment. I have first hand experience of our MT personnel and drivers. they are very resourceful, versatile and quick learners.. there are no memos, "working lunches and committees formed for them.. they have used equipment in the war times when the new equipment was para-dropped in the field or sent to them by road during the war time. what you are pointing at is the long term maintenance and that can be run parallel to their induction. military vehicles are multi-fuel very robust and built for extremes.

if the red tape and the bickering brigade had its way then these vehicles will never see any field deployment in Pakistan army let alone in 2 years.. we will continue to loose men and material and the operations to the terrorists.

We cannot be too eager to acquire those, then comes the US conditions. They are in need of disposing it, no way to take it back without incurring huge costs. We have a better hand here, we will deal them when the other player is desperate enough in our favor. In the meanwhile war is hell and will continue to be so for our men. Conundrum really.

bhikariooo kab tum apny paoon per khhary ho gay?
1011277_512235365554785_1057680146_n.jpg

Sir jee They won't Hazrat Ameer -Ul-Momineen Nawaz will use it in his steel mills and produce qualitys steel.no need to worry about spare these wont be spared either.
this is exactly what I mentioned earlier, they might find their way to Itifaq foundries

people are so much concerned about the operating costs of MRAPs that they would rather prefer that our soldiers are reduced to flesh blood and bones and this war going on for unlimited time instead of getting something that enhances our capabilities and results in this asymmetric warfare

This is not as good as it seems.. nothing is free in this world.. even if the cost is free, there will be some agreement for training, upgrading ,spare parts etc is there with high cost..
there are also other factors.. for example take the case of MRAPS...
1. these are ultra high tech machines not affordable to low budget army like pak army.. the. cost for maintaining these will simply eat a major share of capital budget..
2. these high tech high cost vehicles are a solution against low cost adversaries.. that is it needs high cost continous upgradation as the enemies upgrade their low cost adversaries..
3.primary objective of this high cost vehicle is life saving as every dead US soldier put treendous pressure on US govt.. but here there are other priorities of national security are there than value of soldier's life.. so the continoues budget support for this are doubtful..
4. spare parts cost is very high and its fuel efficiency is notorious..

This is not as good as it seems.. nothing is free in this world.. even if the cost is free, there will be some agreement for training, upgrading ,spare parts etc is there with high cost..
there are also other factors.. for example take the case of MRAPS...
1. these are ultra high tech machines not affordable to low budget army like pak army.. t
sorry you should have posted this earlier. the vehicles are already seen in the FC and Pakistan army compounds deployed in the tribal areas.

our low budget army men already have their hands on these "ultra high" tech machines that make an MKI look like a donkey cart.

For sure we’re still at war,” said Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton Carter, “but MRAP production and fielding has ended.” “A new strategic era is dawning” in which the Pentagon projects that there will be little use for the Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle in a faster and lighter military, Carter said.
“We’re here to end an era in the history of the MRAP program and begin a new one,” Carter said.

what Pakistan will accept this donation from America.

Afghan troops are not known for their dedication to maintaining equipment; they prefer to run vehicles rough and hard until they break down

Why Americans are not training afghan army on these machines and let them use it?. It's so fishy, it's shows another mess is coming in Afghanistan. One side Americans want to build afghan army but on the Other hand giving all stuff to its allies.

So, all the 13,000 MRAPs coming to Pakistan??? and what other equipment?

I am sure Pakistan would be quite interested in getting the Towed and Self Propelled Howetzers of 209mm Class and may be all of the US inventory...

it would be good for our strength but guys its America. They are not like that ' we have some extras, you want it '. There will be a negative impact on us. They are planing something fishy.

Back
Top Bottom