What's new

US hikes Pakistan aid by 40%

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have used you and they will use you why...?? because you can not survive without them...are you not ashamed, how can you brag about it when you hate america that much....pakistanis oh pakistanis

If you could left your deep rooted hatred against Pakistanis then you must have noticed that there was actually no celebration for Pakistan getting any aid - but - the primary and entire point of this post was to mention Iran Pakistan Gas Pipeline which was so openly opposed and threatened by United State wouldn't get sanctioned. There is no change in my opinion about USA being an enemy state neither there is any indication that USA is now less hated.

For USA needing us, it is USA in need of us instead of we in need of them - that is why we have taken two decisions which slap America on both cheeks - IP and Gwadar going to China!

I feel like giving you a good dose of what you deserve for your nonsense but I am overlooking it this time.

Sure ...

Education means many things .. Lets start with complete Basic i.e. Literacy .

India 74 percent
Pakistan 55 Percent

Per Capita Income

India 3627
Pakistan 2745

Regarding Healthcare Check The Number of Pakistanis Visiting India for Healthcare Needs . Also Polio has been Eradicated From Past three years in India while in Pakistan it still exists . I can give many other examples but i hope these are sufficient .

Education system

India has a few Universities in top 500 .

Pakistan Nil .

You can research more if you want . Don't expect me to do all legwork for you .

@Cherokee I just checked none from India in top 500...which ranking site do you refer to?! :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was this just to make up for the aid they cut due to the routes standoff?

The figure is merely 2.5-3% of GDP but I am not sure ...

That's the figure when you exclude budget on nuclear program and salaries.

For a spending of $10 billion accounting for 3% of GDP Pakistan has to be $335 billion economy. :lol:

Sure ...

Education means many things .. Lets start with complete Basic i.e. Literacy .

India 74 percent
Pakistan 55 Percent

In 1951 Pakistan had literacy rate of 19% compared to 18% of India.

@Cherokee I just checked none from India in top 500...which ranking site do you refer to?! :unsure:

Try Academic ranking world universities or shanghairanking, for that matter try any.....which did u use?

since you are so good with numbers unless its all a illusion tell me can a country of 180million run on or drown without 1.4 billion/yr yes or no don't go around in circles.

@illusion8

Even a sum of 2.3-3 billion at most in total cant run a country of the 6th largest population in the world , the point being ?
@Cheetah786, @Secur..

I never said that foreign aid is what runs Pakistan, but now that you both have asked me this question - let me try and answer it for you.

The 4-5 billion aid besides the worker remunerations that Pakistan receives works as much needed oxygen for Pakistan at the present moment. Now a 230 Billion GDP does not mean 230 Billion in the hands of Pak Govt at the beginning of every fiscal, it's based on revenues the country received from various sources and which were already spent when received - for e.g.

Lets say your salary package is $1,20,000 PA - that means you have an income of 120K per year, but what happens is you receive it every month and that money gets spent every day of that month - so end of the year - its your savings that matters - and in Pakistan's case that savings is in the negative as you are running a fiscal deficit of 7-8%, plus a high inflation rate which means goods have become costly over the year by 8-10%.

Now the budgetary allotments that the Govt does every year is not from cash in hand but from receivable estimates which it's to receive throughout the year - this is where the aid packages become useful - the aid becomes much needed cash in hand, plus the aid takes care of the fiscal deficit or the loan payments - it also finances the developmental programs that wouldn't have been possible with the finances on hand and the Govt would have had to take a loan to complete those developmental works.

Think of it as your household expense budget - assume that your salary is not sufficient to cover your food bill, energy bill, mortgages, loan dues, school fees, entertainment expenses, security etc etc and Santa Claus hands over a cheque every year that takes care of the deficit in your budget - plus in earlier years was helping you buy and stock up rifles in your gun locker.

Even if they are , they cant in any way be counted as AID :) ... I , personally , am not aware of loans being written off by the Chinese ... Building infrastructure and providing opportunities for trade and economy to flourish is the Beijing's modus operandi , they know too well where does money given to Pakistan lands in usually ...

Aid is given is various forms - Monetary is the least preferred for countries that have a high corruption index because the aid giver is not sure where the aid will land up, so the aid giver diversifies said aid and works out programs where they can assist with their money may it be scholarships, vocational training, health care, building much needed basic infrastructure, providing arms (in case of Pakistan) etc etc.

Loans are arbitrarily written off in most Humanitarian cases and I am sure China has done that plenty of times for Pakistan.

what does india have besides absence of terrorism that foriegn investments are happening?

India? One of the largest middle classes, thus a huge huge market, it has low production costs (especially for services the pharma sector, healthcare industry, aerospace, IT etc etc) and a huge English speaking population. Our infrastructure has made a lot of improvements and we already have world class infrastructure in some areas and we will spend over 100 billion USD on it in the coming 5 years.

India has a more or less free market environment but still way too much bureaucracy and corruption, but still one of the most attractive destinations for FDI.

Our business leaders are competitive and many are among the top notch like Ratan Tata, Cyrus Mistry, Ambani, Narayana Murthy and others who led global players like the Tata Group with +100 billion dollar revenue, Infosys, Larsen and Toubro, Mahindra and others which are going into JVs with almost all the other big players on the world.

Just to name a couple of them :coffee:

In 1951 Pakistan had literacy rate of 19% compared to 18% of India.
i think after the elections if we et imran khan in. then we will pass you guys in a decade.

Which Ranking ??

This is one of the most accepted Rankings .Academic Ranking of World Universities | ARWU | First World University Ranking | Shanghai Ranking Check here . And you agree with all other points mentioned by me ??

top 200 nevermind top 500 http://www.ilmkidunya.com/edunews/two-pakistani-universities-ranked-among-top-200-world-s-technology-universities-5570.aspx

you know very well the only reason things slowed down pakistan is cause of the war on terrorism thats all.

Its a transfer of the CSF which has too many hurdles for approving. They are scrapping that program and raising the aid. So the total amount will probably end up the same.

i think after the elections if we et imran khan in. then we will pass you guys in a decade.

top 200 nevermind top 500 Two Pakistani universities ranked among top 200 World

you know very well the only reason things slowed down pakistan is cause of the war on terrorism thats all.

Buddy , Ilm Ki Duniya ?? Seriously . Gimme something like ARWU rankings . I feel things in Pakistan Slowed down right at the time of Afghan Jihad and Zia . Till That time Pakistan was out ranking us in everything . Even till early nineties situation was comparable .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom