What's new

'US has now an ally in India, enemy in Islamabad'

USA is cerainl;y alot closer to india now.

i often wonder how effective the PAF F16s really wil be in a war if used against INDIA

send your planes across the border then you can find out.....your older retired pilots already know how hospitable our skies are like

I'd trust a stray dog or a wet snake more than letting yankees get too comfortable with our beaurocrats & politicians... We're not their war factory sales shop and sooner they understand it, the better and less painful it is for both of us... Period.

my 2 very short humble cents (as an Indian)

EzioAltaïr;4059318 said:
Rule #1: If a pilot manages to retire, it means the skies were hospitable. :D

no it means they either limped back or were lucky and left unscathed

actually in that sense, indian skies in western sector were inhospitable......for indians! :laugh:

no it means they either limped back or were lucky and left unscathed

actually in that sense, indian skies in western sector were inhospitable......for indians! :laugh:

Indeed they were. But that doesn't change the fact that the attrition rate for IAF was 10% and PAF was 17%. :P

perhaps the number is correct; perhaps it isnt....either way, a country several times smaller with less depth managed to ward off your entire air force and give them more than just a bloody nose internally and externally

and that too despite poor coordination and communication between the ground forces and the air force

you asked initially about F-16s in the event of war with india which we are ready for and at any time of day, and any season of the year. People have often speculated about kill-switches and all that and its been debated here so many times. These are just used for defensive purposes and are really just bonus aircrafts for PAF to help it keep up with 4/4.5 gen capabilities

Locally produced JF-17 Thunders will make the backbone of the PAF so if in the event of hostility period and in the event of another episode of indian belligerence, it would be Thunders in the sky there to intercept and greet your pilots head on - be it high or low intensity conflict

perhaps the number is correct; perhaps it isnt....either way, a country several times smaller with less depth managed to ward off your entire air force and give them more than just a bloody nose internally and externally

and that too despite poor coordination and communication between the ground forces and the air force

Okay, don't go around justifying it. I know perfectly well that I was trolling a bit. Believe me, the attrition numbers are correct. The reason for the vast differences in the numbers is because of the massive size of AF against your rather tiny one.

In this way, the 20-25 PAF aircraft destroyed versus the 65 IAF destroyed results in a paradoxical rate. The fact is, despite the brilliant performance of your AF, a prolonged war would have killed the PAF.

Like I said, I'm well aware that air power is something Pakistan were better than us back then at least.

That is merely Mr. Rohrabacher's opinion. And can only be taken with a pinch of salt.

Appears to have a habit of spewing plenty of hot air too...

They'd still have a small contingent in Afghanistan after withdrawal. And the country would have its own military. It'd be too early to term it a complete failure.

No reason for them to be desperate either. Their interests in the middle east are secured for the most part. For Asia, it still needs some fine-tuning.

And it is too early to conclude if there'd be any base in BD. Remember, the country is a politically highly unstable one. So not anytime soon.

Well they wont leave all at once obviously they have to save face. They probably wont going to withdraw completely until they finish negotiating with Taliban. As for BD they need an unstable country to influence and that is also why i said earlier to keep them at a distance.

Does Hussain Haqqani even need to apply for asylum in USA? He is already an American Citizen, Citizens do not ever need to apply for asylum! Pakistan (and its Supreme Court) cannot touch him.

Now see the down-side of allowing "Dual Citizenship". With an American Passport and Pakistani Passport; he represented Pakistan in the USA. Then he lost that job and he is now able to show Pakistan "the finger".
He seems to have the Cake and eat it too.

Correction he is a dual national but at least he made sure that he is not going back. Offtopic so lets just leave it at that.

Well they wont leave all at once obviously they have to save face. They probably wont going to withdraw completely until they finish negotiating with Taliban. As for BD they need an unstable country to influence and that is also why i said earlier to keep them at a distance.

Correction he is a dual national but at least he made sure that he is not going back. Offtopic so lets just leave it at that.

My friend, BD is way better stable than Pakistan , no offense.

National Interests & International politics is not Page 3 stuff where loyalties & relationships change with the weather. Neither do countries like India like to get ' photographed ' with the high & mighty for social effect.

His views about allies & enemies are his own.

India meanwhile continues to follow its " India first - the world next' approach as it has done for decades.

Deep, the more there are people who hold such views, informed by such an ethic, the greater the chance for an Asia free of Western Imperial powers to create mischief, the greater the chance for making this and the centuries to follow, Asian.

My friend, BD is way better stable than Pakistan , no offense.

No offense taken and if Bangla is successful in breaking the jamaati, and bring BD into a vision that the Qauid e Azam held, You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place or worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the State.

Pakistan still has not the courage to do this but you have led the way

Back
Top Bottom