What's new

US Drone strikes in Pakistan are illegal under international law.

Drones are eliminating terrorist sponsored by India and other anti-pk ACTORS.

It is good News.

Fassaad (terrorism) is the biggest crime against humanity.

Drones are eliminating terrorist sponsored by India and other anti-pk ACTORS.

It is good News.

Fassaad (terrorism) is the biggest crime against humanity.
not only india's sponsored, there is a conspiracy of CIA- MOSSAD -RAW against pakistan. but why US killing their own people ??

isn't it true that some sections in FATA actually support the drone attacks on the Talibs.

Can some military professional in this forum throw some light on this-Is there active isi intelligence help to usa in planning drone strikes?

Can some military professional in this forum throw some light on this-Is there active isi intelligence help to usa in planning drone strikes?

I certainly can't speak with any authority, but there must be ground-based intelligence sources to make these effective. They need to know, within reason, that "Mr. X" (a terrorist) is going to be at some location at an approximate time. I have little doubt that, behind the scenes, there is some significant cooperation going on. But because it is politically volatile, the public is not given the details.

isn't it true that some sections in FATA actually support the drone attacks on the Talibs.

The only survey supporting that POV comes from a group that has a bias towards that POV (Farhat Taj and the Ariana Institute). The most recent survey sponsored by 2 American organizations (TFT and NAF) indicates the opposite - that people across Pakistan, including FATA, oppose drone strikes.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistans-war/74763-public-opinion-pakistan-s-tribal-regions.html

And unlike Farhat Taj and her group, these organizations and the Pakistani polling organization they used have no obvious agenda or bias in favor of the conclusions their survey offers.

MIRANSHAH, Pakistan, Nov 19, 2010 (AFP) - A US drone attack destroyed a vehicle in Pakistan's tribal district of North Waziristan on Friday, killing at least three suspected militants, Pakistani security officials said.

Two missiles slammed into the vehicle in the semi-autonomous northwestern district considered the heartland of Islamist militants in Pakistan and the focus of a dramatic increase in US drone strikes since early September.

"Two missiles were fired on a vehicle. So far three militants are confirmed killed in this attack," a senior Pakistani security official told AFP on condition of anonymity.

Local intelligence officials said the dead belonged to the Taliban and Al-Qaeda linked Haqqani network, but it was not immediately clear whether they included any high-value targets.

They said up to four militants were killed when the vehicle exploded into a fireball in Naurak village, about 15 kilometres (nine miles) east of Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan.

I don't think drone strikes will be possible without ground intel. Not only for location of the targets, but also in some cases for the actual strike.

Every now and then, there are reports of Taliban killing some locals for spying. I have seen some confession videos of these alleged spies. They are locals. What is common is that they are highly paid for info and also get gadgets. One of the informants claimed he was given some device rolled inside a cigarrete which was to be placed at certain point after identifying the presence of come individual. Might be a way to paint the target for the drones to hit. Now these individuals could be hired by anyone.

"Two missiles were fired on a vehicle. So far three militants are confirmed killed in this attack," a senior Pakistani security official told AFP on condition of anonymity.

Note that the Pakistani security official remains anonymous, and he has quite a bit of detail for something so recent. To me, it implies that yes, there is cooperation between Pakistan and the U.S. in this, and also, that ground-based intel is being used. This requires HUMINT (human intelligence) and is extremely dangerous for those on the ground.

I understand this is a very sensitive thing. But if the intel is good, these drone strikes are giving the terrorists a strong dose of their very own medicine. See how they like it, wondering if they are going to blow up at any moment. I hope they have a hollow, scared feeling every time they crawl out of their holes. They terrorize innocent people; they (in return) are terrorized.

I believe that the value of these "decapitations" is high. Unconventional methodologies are called for and can be effective, possibly more so than flooding the field with thousands of troops. In the latter case, the terrorists scatter and hide. With these drone strikes, they are killed on the spot.

Great care must be taken to minimize genuinely innocent casualties.

Note that the Pakistani security official remains anonymous, and he has quite a bit of detail for something so recent. To me, it implies that yes, there is cooperation between Pakistan and the U.S. in this, and also, that ground-based intel is being used. This requires HUMINT (human intelligence) and is extremely dangerous for those on the ground.

I understand this is a very sensitive thing. But if the intel is good, these drone strikes are giving the terrorists a strong dose of their very own medicine. See how they like it, wondering if they are going to blow up at any moment. I hope they have a hollow, scared feeling every time they crawl out of their holes. They terrorize innocent people; they (in return) are terrorized.

I believe that the value of these "decapitations" is high. Unconventional methodologies are called for and can be effective, possibly more so than flooding the field with thousands of troops. In the latter case, the terrorists scatter and hide. With these drone strikes, they are killed on the spot.

Great care must be taken to minimize genuinely innocent casualties.
I personally like the idea of these drone strikes, but I do not like the idea of setting a precedent of allowing a foreign nation to conduct any sort of military operations on Pakistani soil, and that is probably why the Pakistani military and GoP are likely never going to officially accept cooperation with the US on this issue, and will keep asking for transfer of equipment to conduct the strikes themselves.

I personally like the idea of these drone strikes, but I do not like the idea of setting a precedent of allowing a foreign nation to conduct any sort of military operations on Pakistani soil, and that is probably why the Pakistani military and GoP are likely never going to officially accept cooperation with the US on this issue, and will keep asking for transfer of equipment to conduct the strikes themselves.

Your expressed sentiment here is wholly justified and what most any patriotic person would say. So, WHY can't the US and Pakistan reach "convergence" on who the enemy is? Why can't Pakistan publicly say that the people being targeted in these drone strikes are enemies of Pakistan and that Pakistan supports the action of striking them? I don't understand why the USA and Pakistan's interests aren't convergent.

Your expressed sentiment here is wholly justified and what most any patriotic person would say. So, WHY can't the US and Pakistan reach "convergence" on who the enemy is? Why can't Pakistan publicly say that the people being targeted in these drone strikes are enemies of Pakistan and that Pakistan supports the action of striking them? I don't understand why the USA and Pakistan's interests aren't convergent.

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind
The answer is blowing in the wind

Back
Top Bottom