What's new

US attacks China!! a scenario

Jay_ said:
But think about what a CVBG force in South China sea can do to the hyped one China policy? Think what would happen if US directly supports Taiwan independence?? The results would be far reaching inside China.
Now think about what kind of impact the US will recieve if China destroys a CVBG force...with nearly a thousand SRBMs and several hundred modern stand off missiles, this is a very possible result. It is not very likely that US will directly support Taiwan's independence. Directly supporting Taiwan's independence means war, as stated by Chinese-media billions of time. Sino-US relationship is improving, and soon or later, US might just regard China as a friend.

When you arm Iran, you are pushing US to support Taiwan. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

So you are going to send SRBM's, CM's and Ashm's on a war footing USCVBG? Ugh, ok.

US and China can never be friends, conflicting geo-political aspirations, it can never happen. At the most there can be a status quo for some time, but never as friends.

Jay_ said:
When you arm Iran, you are pushing US to support Taiwan. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

So what, China is not afraid to go to war with US. But US is afraid to go to war with China...there is no way US can beat China in a war on Chinese soil.

Jay_ said:
US and China can never be friends, conflicting geo-political aspirations, it can never happen. At the most there can be a status quo for some time, but never as friends.

I hope you are not speaking for US because that would be a big loss for US.

ChinaWall65 said:
Now think about what kind of impact the US will recieve if China destroys a CVBG force...with nearly a thousand SRBMs and several hundred modern stand off missiles, this is a very possible result. It is not very likely that US will directly support Taiwan's independence. Directly supporting Taiwan's independence means war, as stated by Chinese-media billions of time. Sino-US relationship is improving, and soon or later, US might just regard China as a friend.
Just because the Chinese media says it, doesn't mean it's true.
Firstly, doesn't matter how many missiles you have, you still have to find the CVBG.
Second, the US has another 11.
Third, they can strike China from both long range and close land-based aircraft.

Exactly, PLAN cannot get near a USN CVBG in war footing. And South China sea is exactly not a small location that 2nd Arty would shower missile barrages against a CVBG.

Given the fact that 40% of world oil move thro Malacca straits, you are inviting JMSDF in to the conflict and perhaps Australia/NZ.

USN will have a real time picture of 2nd Arty's position, the moment you start the missile barrage and USN will launch their arsenal to soften up the area.

And think about the economic progress that china made in last 30 years...CPC will not risk it for the sake of Taiwan. Chinese people are not ready to go back to stonage.

Officer of Engineers said:
Trust me, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Chinese boats got to find a CVBG before they can launch.

satellites..... trust me is not hard to find a huge CBG........

US will be put into a great disadvantage when enage china through land.......

as for naval warefare china certainly will lose... neverless USN can never go near china's coastline..... (FAC, and mass of land based anti-ship missiles)

as for air warefare it depends if takes place inland(china) then china wins.... but outside of china without radar and SAM supports china will suffer great loss......

as for taiwan... i think US wont intervent(not worth it first iraq then iran then North korea then..... just not worth it. afterall is a civil war no need of outsiders 'helps'.... lol

from russian GLONASS or chinese BEIDOU-1/2 to locate the CBG then use chinese JIANBING-5 (SAR) to take a look more closer...... 24 hours of monitoring... lol

Jay_ said:
So how and where would you point the satellite? :p

Jay,

China has plenty of resources to thwart US. While it may not defeat it, it can make the cost unacceptable. The US usually bails at this point. Have you heard of the Bay of Pigs fiasco in the 60's. The costs was much less then compared to defending Taiwan. Like I said before talk of defending Taiwan is all rhetoric.

Unless the United States is fighting to defend itself, it will never fight a war that has a possibility of losing, or at least bail out in the middle like TexasJohn said...there is not point for US to do so...

I would like to share an interesting conversation I had here at the University with 2 of my collegues. One was from Taiwan, the other from Mainland. They both agreed on 2 points, 1. Taiwan military will collapse quickly under a determined, PLA attack. 2. The US will not interfere.

Here was the interesting point from the view of the guy from the mainland. He also said China would probably NOT attack Taiwan militarily, just like Taiwan will not declare independence. Attacking Taiwan could very easily result in an insurgency that would mirror Iraq in it's nature and result in a quagmire. He said the smartest course of action would be to increase trade with Taiwan and increase people contacts. etc. Why attack them? Let them come to you!!!

TexasJohn said:
I would like to share an interesting conversation I had here at the University with 2 of my collegues. One was from Taiwan, the other from Mainland. They both agreed on 2 points, 1. Taiwan military will collapse quickly under a determined, PLA attack. 2. The US will not interfere.

Here was the interesting point from the view of the guy from the mainland. He also said China would probably NOT attack Taiwan militarily, just like Taiwan will not declare independence. Attacking Taiwan could very easily result in an insurgency that would mirror Iraq in it's nature and result in a quagmire. He said the smartest course of action would be to increase trade with Taiwan and increase people contacts. etc. Why attack them? Let them come to you!!!
thats what most chinese people think.... peaceful unification:thumbsup:

Peaceful unification is what I and everyone else are hoping for. But I think if China wages war against Taiwan, there could be more advantages than just unification. If China manages to take over Taiwan with or without US interventions, China will certainly gain major influences over other countries such as Japan and South Korea. It might also destroy US's dominance in Asia.

Back
Top Bottom