What's new

US attack submarine docks at Subic

During a recent trip to Thailand I decided to take a day trip over the border into Burma at Mae Sai. I was amazed at the level of Chinese copying. 90% there was nothing but cheap chinese knock offs. And there was no shortage of people wanting to buy them.

Hate The Player, not the game. :lol:

I recall the Soviet Union trying to station nuclear weapons on Cuba... how does this relate to A US attack submarine surfacing in Subic Bay for a 'routine' pit stop?

na na! I am pretty sure the subs arent there to provide daises and lilys to give to the Chinese.

Please enlighten us on it's stealth ability? Also enighten us on how it will find it's target without a radar to guide it.

I couldn't enlight you on this as It's so SUPER STEALTH that no one even knows if it really exists or not..
For the radar part you are doubting Chinese capabilities....

Well, no one is denying that China is growing in power on all fronts.

But then, it is hard to say when or how China is going to 'replace' the USA as a superpower. Could be within 20 years, 50 or even 100. It's simply impossible to say.

And sorry to say, but the US will always be technologically ahead of China for a very long time despite all the media bursts.

And you know you made that up :lol:

No I didn't made it up... It's SUPER STEALTH feature is fact... Just google it and you will not find any substantial news for this exsistant Carrier Killer.. Even my Chinese brothers do not know much about this except it is Carrier Killer.

The US-China rivalry is bound to come to a head eventually. The third World countries will have to decide which block they want to be part of. Asian countries would be wise not to antagonize China as China is the future Economic Superpower whereas the US is already a " has been " economic superpower.

The US-China rivalry is bound to come to a head eventually. The third World countries will have to decide which block they want to be part of. Asian countries would be wise not to antagonize China as China is the future Economic Superpower whereas the US is already a " has been " economic superpower.

The rivalry is not just US-China. But US and Nato vs China and Russia.

Yes, and Pakistan is leaning toward China. If India has any brains, it should choose the US over ChiRussia. US will not and never trust India as long as its close to Russia, which is definitely siding with China.

Yes, and Pakistan is leaning toward China. If India has any brains, it should choose the US over ChiRussia. US will not and never trust India as long as its close to Russia, which is definitely siding with China.
Russia may side with you in Middle east affair, but never side with you in SCS(east sea) bcz he supports his old ally- VN.
Moving eastward
Moscow has given an US$8 billion loan for the construction of Vietnam's first nuclear power plant. Russia is Vietnam's most important source of advanced weapon technology. And the weapons systems include the SS-N-25 Switchblade/Kh-35 Uransubsonic anti-ship missile, the Ka-27 naval helicopter, the SU-30 MK multi-role fighter aircraft, upgraded Kilo Class attack submarines, Gepard Class Corvettes, the Molnia/Project 12418 fast attack craft packed with Moskit/SS-N-22 Sunburn supersonic anti-ship missiles, Svetlyak export class patrol boats (originally developed for the KGB's border guards) equipped with anti-aircraft missiles, and so on - all of which help boost Vietnam's capability to defy China.

Russian Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov has promised Moscow's help for Vietnam to build a submarine base for its Kilos, a loan to help Hanoi buy rescue and auxiliary vessels from Russia and planes for Vietnam's navy as well as build a ship repair yard that will also service visiting Russian navy ships.
Asia Times Online :: China News, China Business News, Taiwan and Hong Kong News and Business.
Therefore, Russian natural gas company Gazprom's announcement on April 6 that it had signed a deal to take a minority stake in the development of two gas projects off the coast of Vietnam would have a Shakespearean touch about it - Et tu, Brute?

Et tu, Russia :lol:

Some of our Ohio boats are modified to launched multiple Tomahawks and special operations instead of SLBMs.

Actually it's not to implausible since the US Navy has 43 Los Angeles class attack subs not to mention the Sea Wolf and Virginia class. Iran doesn't have much of a navy to contend with. And the confined shallow waters of the Arabian Gulf don't work well for hiding subs.

What would be interesting is if there are any Ohio class guided missile boats around there. They each carry 154 cruise missiles for taking out chinese coastal air defenses, radars, and airfields. Take out their over the horizon radar and they have a hard time using thier DF-21.

US has 54 SSN's and 4 SSBN's converted to carry the Tomahawks. That's 58. Original claim was that there are 35 subs in SCS now.

Dont you think ~55% of the entire US Navy (attack sub) fleet is just a bit too much for the present state of affairs?
Im no expert but by following some rudimentary logic i find that too much.

US will not and never trust India as long as its close to Russia, which is definitely siding with China.

Sure, let us know when Russia buys military gear from China like it does from EU (NATO) states.

I think the submarine's actually fully packed with soldiers looking for filipino women. Hope that's their end goal and there's no war between China and USA. ;p

US has 54 SSN's and 4 SSBN's converted to carry the Tomahawks. That's 58. Original claim was that there are 35 subs in SCS now.

Dont you think ~55% of the entire US Navy (attack sub) fleet is just a bit too much for the present state of affairs?

Of course they are not all concentrated directly in the south china sea. Just as China will not put all its subs in one place. But you can bet looking at the threat areas around the world. The majority will most likely be stationed in the asia region (North Korea, China). Iran would not require as many on station as you might think. And don't forget to take into account allied naval forces.

HEheheehahaha wow how come the weakness country in Asia became the aggressor how i love china propaganda

$hitty english though,but still u made ur point..actually China is becoming desperate to take situation under control.if small nations like Phillipines can find courage to face china's all heavenly weapons,then it is like never when China'll spread their empire across SCS.. :lol: :lol:

Sure, let us know when Russia buys military gear from China like it does from EU (NATO) states.

The US navy is created to defeat the Russian/Chinese military force simultaneously.

I'm not talking about weapon purchase, but political alignment. Its politics that drive military deployment, not the other way around. And only India would base their strategic decisions on where it purchase their foreign military hardware.

Back
Top Bottom