What's new

US aircraft attacked, fighting escalates in South Sudan

@T-123456 its about Oil and indirectly its about money.... Sudan got the oil.... Yankees looted middle east and became largest oil collector.... Its about looting and making sure economy grows. America attacked middle east for oil.... So they can loot and collect oil. So in future they can dictate and rule.
I was talking about the two ''leaders''of South-Sudan,not about the US.

[quote="isro2222, .... Yankees looted middle east and became largest oil collector.... Its about looting and making sure economy grows. America attacked middle east for oil.... So they can loot and collect oil. So in future they can dictate and rule.[/quote]

That's a bunch of CRAP !! Sounds 'cool' but still CRAP !! How much oil does the U.S. get from Iraq ? Less than two percent. Never did get much from them. Check your facts, chief. And this c/p below is from 2008. We get EVEN LESS oil from Iraq now in 2013. While I didn't agree with the Iraqi invasion, for all the shit we went through over there, I WISH we'd 'steal' some oil !!

filler.gif

If the Iraq War is About Oil, then How Much Are We Getting?

Scott Manning
May 6, 2008

Not enough. Or at least not as much as we were getting before the war.

Those who claim the Iraq War is only about oil make it sound like U.S. troops are extracting oil directly from the veins of Iraqi babies and pumping it into my car. If it were that simple, then why have gas prices risen so steadily? I just paid $38.85 to fill up my Honda Civic.

The response you hear is something about the oil companies gouging everyone at the gas pump. The oil companies defend themselves with a bunch of mumbo-jumbo concerning supply, demand, lack of refineries, and less sources for oil.

Here are the facts:

• The U.S. gets less oil today from Iraq than before 9/11
  • The largest source of crude oil for the United States is the United States
  • Iraq has never represented more than 4.5% of crude oil used in the United States
  • The United States' dependence on foreign oil has increased, but the amount of oil from the Persian Gulf has decreased

The U.S. gets less oil today from Iraq than before 9/11
line.gif

In 2001, the U.S. imported 298 million barrels of oil from Iraq. This was the peak year over the past 10 years. Compare that peak to every year since 2001. The amount of oil imported has gone down and fluctuated, but has averaged at around 190 million barrels a year.

barrelsofoilimportedfromiraq.png

Source: U.S. Crude Oil and Petroleum Products Imports from Iraq published by Energy Information Association

Conspiracy theorists will point out that the amount of crude oil imported from Iraq dropped in 2002 and 2003, thus pushing the U.S. government to invade Iraq to get more oil. But Iraq was not holding oil from the U.S. In fact, all oil production in Iraq dropped in 2002 and 2003.

iraqcrudeoilproduction.png

Source: Iraq Energy Profile: 10 Year Energy Data Series published by Energy Information Association. Crude Oil Production is compared to Total Oil Exports to U.S.

Conspiracy theorists should also consider 2001 being such a big year for importing oil from Iraq. This high import rate carried through the end of January 2002.

The largest source for crude oil for the United States is the United States
line.gif

Most reports will cover the amount of oil being imported into the United States, but few include the amount of crude oil produced in the country. The United States is the source of more than 1/4th of all crude oil used in the country.

curdeoil.png

Source: U.S. Imports by Country of Origin and U.S. Crude Oil Field Production published by Energy Information Association. This chart includes a recent 6-month period (August 2007 through January 2008).

The chart above shows all oil imported and oil produced in the U.S.. The biggest contributors of crude oil to the United States are:

1. United States - 27.40%
  2. Canada - 13.48%
  3. Saudi Arabia - 8.44%
  4. Mexico - 7.78%
  5. Venezuela - 7.38%
  6. Nigeria - 6.74%
  7. Algeria - 3.30%
  8. Iraq - 2.77%
  9. Angola - 2.53%

Iraq has never represented more than 4.5% of crude oil used in the United States
line.gif

In the chart above, Iraq represents only 2.77% of crude oil used in the United States. This level is lower than the 1999-2001 levels.

Last edited:
At the peak of imports from Iraq, the oil from the country only represented 4.5%.

percentofcrudeoilfromiraq.png

Source: U.S. Crude Oil Field Production, U.S. Crude Oil and Petroleum Products Imports from Iraq, and U.S. Imports by Country of Origin published by Energy Information Association. The amount of barrels imported from Iraq for each year is divided by the sum of all imported oil and oil produce in the U.S.

Consider that when someone tells you that the Bush Administration plotted to invade Iraq for oil as early as 2001. Iraq was at its peak of producing and sending it to the United States. After toppling the Saddam regime, Iraq can't break the 3% mark in the U.S. crude oil market.

The United States' dependence on foreign oil has increased, but the amount of oil from the Persian Gulf has decreased
line.gif

When politicians talk about decreasing the United States' reliance on foreign oil, the common perception is that they are referring to places like Iraq and Saudi Arabia. The truth is that places like Canada and Mexico are the ones that are continuing to increase their exports to the U.S. while the Persian Gulf has decreased exports to the U.S.

Running an ad about how we need to decrease our dependence on "Canadian Oil" doesn't quite have the ring to it that "foreign oil" does.

sourceofuscrudeoil.png

Source: U.S. Crude Oil and Petroleum Products Imports from Persian Gulf Countries, U.S. Imports by Country of Origin, and U.S. Crude Oil Field Production published by Energy Information Association.

The chart above shows a steady increase of foreign oil. The amount of oil produced in the U.S. has steadily decreased. In 1993, the U.S. produced 2.5 billion barrels of oil. In 2007, the U.S. produced 1.8 billion barrels.

Crude oil imported from the Persian Gulf rose during the 90's, but have steadily decreased since 2003.

percentofcrudeoilfrompersiangulf.png

Source: U.S. Crude Oil and Petroleum Products Imports from Persian Gulf Countries, U.S. Imports by Country of Origin, and U.S. Crude Oil Field Production published by Energy Information Association. The amount of barrels imported from the Persian Gulf for each year is divided by the sum of all imported oil and oil produce in the U.S. The Persian Gulf includes Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates.

If the Iraq War is all about oil, then the U.S. has spent a lot of money and resources to topple Saddam, run elections, and train the military/police to get less oil from Iraq and the Persian Gulf region.

References
line.gif

Energy Information Administration. U.S. Crude Oil and Petroleum Products Imports from Iraq (Thousand Barrels). U.S. Imports from Iraq of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels).

____. U.S. Crude Oil and Petroleum Products Imports from Persian Gulf Countries (Thousand Barrels). U.S. Imports from Persian Gulf Countries of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels).

____. U.S. Crude Oil Field Production (Thousand Barrels). U.S. Field Production of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels).

____. U.S. Imports by Country of Origin. U.S. Total Crude Oil and Products Imports.

____. Iraq Energy Profile: 10 Year Energy Data Series. EIA - Sorry! Unexpected Error.

@T-123456 its about Oil and indirectly its about money.... Sudan got the oil.... Yankees looted middle east and became largest oil collector.... Its about looting and making sure economy grows. America attacked middle east for oil.... So they can loot and collect oil. So in future they can dictate and rule.

The conflict in Sudan is a very old Christian vs Muslim issue, Muslims and Christians have been killing each other there - the present crisis has intensified greatly, french troops are on the ground aiding the fledgling Sudanese army - Americans were being evacuated when their aircraft was hit - a number of them were seriously injured. The UN peacekeeping base was attacked as well which led to the deaths of two Indian peacekeeper troops.

You sure talk a lot of crap. Since most contracts are awarded to Non-American oil companies in Iraq.

Because it did not turn out as plan.

The conflict in Sudan is a very old Christian vs Muslim issue, Muslims and Christians have been killing each other there - the present crisis has intensified greatly, french troops are on the ground aiding the fledgling Sudanese army - Americans were being evacuated when their aircraft was hit - a number of them were seriously injured. The UN peacekeeping base was attacked as well which led to the deaths of two Indian peacekeeper troops.

It is a lot more complicated then the simple Muslim Arab killing Christian Blacks that the western media make it up to be.

We took the country. We could have done as we pleased. 'You guys' have a bullshit answer for everything.

It is a lot more complicated then the simple Muslim Arab killing Christian Blacks that the western media make it up to be.

Oh, oh !! Here comes the twisted conspiracy theory.... Enlighten us peons, oh genius.:woot:

Shed some light on it.

Now during the run up to the 2008 Beijing Olympic did not those simple minded Western countries and NGOs blame China for the mess in Sudan ?

I still remember that. :D

A lot of loud people being fooled at the time.

A lot and a loud.

Isn't it amazing that over half a thousand have been confirmed killed and yet the US and global media is not making a whole scene out of it or explaining to the viewers who's killing who and why?

Because they're not Muslims, all CNN says is the region is a very violent region and some evacuations are occurring in South Sudan nothing more.

When it's Christians killing Christians the media doesn't want to play that narrative. When Muslims are involved this would have been another campaign to defame Muslims.

WTF . this aint possible . how could the us super troops get even hurt ?

how could an aircraft get buzzed and leak fuel ? IMHO u guys even suck at fabricating news .

this all aint possible . and all that is done by "terrorists" ? :undecided:

LONG LIVE USA :usflag:

==================

well sorry i think i have gone too far in sarcasm :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

@isro2222 - What's up dude, why you are emitting negative energies? Have you been in company of reptilians recently?

CNN is hilarious, just watched a segment about how China is 'pressuring' journalists so we can't GT information from this growing nation and China should be condemned.

Then another segment on a Russian opposition leader to Putin and how CNN journalists are wondering if he's scared to go into politics.

Oh my...are you serious..why is media these days CIA bullshit?

CNN is hilarious, just watched a segment about how China is 'pressuring' journalists so we can't GT information from this growing nation and China should be condemned.

Well, China DOES censor the internet, bigtime. And is there any Chinese news agencies that AREN'T a state agency ?

Then another segment on a Russian opposition leader to Putin and how CNN journalists are wondering if he's scared to go into politics.

Oh my...are you serious..why is media these days CIA bullshit?

You don't think someone who looks to oppose Czar Putin has something to worry about ? Are you kidding ? Look at how he manipulated the system to stay in office. And look up all the guys who had to flee or ended up in jail on bogus charges because they dared to oppose the dude. This stuff is documented out the *** !! DUDE, really...?
On a side note... had my 9mm out to the Fort Dix range this morning. Ran about 200 rounds of three different brands of ammo through her without even a hiccup. Tore that shit UP !!!
:sniper:

You don't think someone who looks to oppose Czar Putin has something to worry about ? Are you kidding ? Look at how he manipulated the system to stay in office. And look up all the guys who had to flee or ended up in jail on bogus charges because they dared to oppose the dude. This stuff is documented out the *** !! DUDE, really...?
On a side note... had my 9mm out to the Fort Dix range this morning. Ran about 200 rounds of three different brands of ammo through her without even a hiccup. Tore that shit UP !!!
:sniper:

Haha, that's not my point, I know human rights aren't great there but there's an agenda CNN is portraying which annoys me.

I shot an DPMS M4 finally, it was nice, and shot a Sig P229 I also may go again today. The 226 though has a longer barrel it's easier to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom