What's new

Upcoming Pakistani films

Bol:

what a fantastic movie, fabulous, a master piece, wow!!! *(apart from the president and death sentence thing, but I guess it was needed in the film)

It touched most important taboos of our society that commonly prevail in somewhat shape, and addressed them and countered them...

I am just surprised how beautifully so many issues were put together and presented in a film with such delicate story...its a classic master piece...

anyone who doesnot understand the concept/motive behind the movie is just a thick headed idiot !!

any film that deserve for foreign film Oscar award, mark it, this is the one !!

Call me thickheaded but it was a crap film. What issues did it address in our soicety?
My favourite part, the girl sneaks out to an Atif Aslam concert. LOL
Second favourite, they murder their father and all of sudden open up a five star hotel. Double LOL.

Son of Pakistan: Breaking stereotypes

LAHORE:
After several long delays, Jarrar Rizvi’s film Son of Pakistan is set to be released across Pakistan on December 15. The film, which portrays the police as heroes rather than a corrupt and inefficient arm of the state, was originally slated for an April 1 release.
Dressed in a long brown coat and a white T-shirt that read ‘Son of Pakistan’, Rizvi looked relieved at the Metropole cinema, Lahore, as the cast appeared for a photo shoot. The cast of the film includes Babar Ali, Meera, Sana Nawaz, Shamil Khan, Laila, Babrik Shah, Sila Hussain, Alam Khan, Laiba Khan, Rehmat Ali, Shafqat Cheema, Laila Zuberi and Ghulam Mohyuddin as well as some new actors.
Rizvi explains that the film had been delayed due to technical issues as the post-production had to be shifted from Bangkok to India. However, despite the long and tedious four-year process, Rizvi feels that the issues addressed in Son of Pakistan are contemporary and progressive. “This film will be important because it addresses issues that cannot be taught or discussed in a classroom setting,” says Rizvi. Hence, Son of Pakistan aims to tackle issues of terrorism and violence. The plot of the film is based on nationalism and whomever follows the theme works for the betterment of the country is a son of the soil.
The real hero?
Rizvi further adds that the concept of Son of Pakistan was to promote a better image of Pakistani policemen. “For years, the film industry has promoted gangsters as heroes; we now have to show the world a peace-loving Pakistan,” says Rizvi. “Look at Indian films; most of them make the police officer a hero. We have to understand that a hero can only be a person who guards the law, no one else.”
Alam Khan is making his debut in Lollywood through this movie. “Although I received many offers before as well, but I was waiting for the right time and the right script. Son of Pakistan is a different film and is something I can relate to.”
Alam and Shamil will play the roles of police officers while Ali depicts the role of a religious extremist. Mohyuddin, on the other hand, will enact the role of a Sikh in the film while Meera and Sana play the police officers’ wives. The film has an upbeat soundtrack that includes catchy bhangra tracks as well as romantic ballads.
However, all’s not rosy for the production team, who has constantly received threats, due to the political nature of the film. “Making such a film was seen as threat, considering the current situation of the country. It took us four years to complete,” says Alam. However, he adds the audience will enjoy the film as it is a complete package. “We even received a positive response by the censor board.”
Proud Pakistani
Dressed in a red overcoat, famed actor Nawaz said that there were few Pakistani films that actors could be truly proud of and Son of Pakistan is one of them.
Meanwhile, Hussain emphasised that Son of Pakistan is a film that could be watched and enjoyed with family. “There is no cheap action and none of the women have worn revealing clothes,” says Hussain. “Son of Pakistan is a source of pride."

Son of Pakistan: Breaking stereotypes – The Express Tribune

glad to see PK coming out with better movies. I think pdf plays a small but a commendable role in letting us Indians know abt it as well.
good luck with it. :tup:

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

This movie seems quite controversial...

Last edited by a moderator:
Although i'm not movie freak but it's good to see this..I like "Khuda ke ke liya"..Superb movie

If anyone is interested, these are some excellent Pakistani movies besides Khuda Ke Liye & Bol:

Ramchand Pakistani
Khamosh Paani (Silent Waters)
Jinnah
Kashf: Lifting of the veil
Streets of Karachi
Taj Mahal: An eternal love story

‘The Dusk’ is about to break through

20110909_33.jpg

By Muhammad Salman Khalid

AFTER the spectacular success of Shoaib Mansoor’s second cinematic venture “Bol”, Pakistani cinema is all set to play host to a promising new movie, “The Dusk”. Expected to be released on Eidul Azha, “The Dusk” is a drama centred on a newly married couple, Ali and Fatima. Ali is mysteriously kidnapped on the fifth day of their marriage. The kidnappers neither demand ransom nor make contact with the family, further increasing the agony.

In the lead roles are models Salman Khan and Uzma Khan, playing Dr Ali Zaidi, and Fatima Zaidi, a teacher. Real life news anchor Abdullah Sultan plays the same role in the movie. The story, while centring on the issue of “missing people in Pakistan,” also touches upon the issue of drone attacks and bomb blasts, among others.

Here’s what the movie’s director, Z-Shan Kazmi, has to say about his maiden venture:

Q: What is the central theme of “The Dusk”?

A: Central theme of the film is effects of terrorism on a common man and society’s reaction towards victims of terrorism.

Q: What inspired you to make the movie?

A: My inspiration for making this movie was my experience being Pakistani. I tried to say what I felt being a part of our society where these blasts and other terrorist activities take place.

Q: Who is the target audience (youth, policymakers, politicians, etc)?

A: Of course, youth!

Q: What message do you intend to convey to your target audience?

A: The message is to beware of the situation through which you are going. Know who your enemy is and feel for those who are unluckily targeted by terrorism.

Be fair to your country, Pakistan, and do not forget those five million martyrs of 1947 who did not even ask “what this country is going to give us in return” before they gave away their lives. In fact, it is to promote patriotism.

Q: What, if anything, sets this movie apart from others being produced by the Pakistani cinema?

A: First, the film has no super hero.

Second, it tries to explain things through realistic approach which is very unusual for Pakistani cinema and does not exaggerate events in the story with dramatisation or filminess.

Q: Any other thing that you would like the readers to know about your project?

A: Here, I would like to mention that the film has introduced new actors in lead roles to make it more realistic and believable and so many visual effects have been used to mimic some places and events which were not possible to shoot.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom