What's new

Unfazed by US, India to step up ties with Tehran

India is in a hard place on this one.

Israel is an excellent friend dedicated to helping India defend itself.

Persia and India have a long history between them and India needs fossil fuels from iran, as well as Irans help in fighting the talibs in Afghanistan.

India cant sever relations to either country, forcing it into neutrality.

A serious question to my Indian friends here: If USA or Israel attacks Iran, will you be willing to endorse the courtesy and help your muslim friends?

A serious question to my Indian friends here: If USA or Israel attacks Iran, will you be willing to endorse the courtesy and help your muslim friends?

india will be opposing the US and Israeli action on world forums but behind the scenes providing critical intelligence info to our dear frnd Israel ... :P

Iran wouldn't ask for Help from India apart from expecting that we do not stop receiving their oil(which is for mutual benefit) , that is enough help for them since oil income will keep their economy ticking to upgrade war machinery and equipment .

At the same time India would in no way intervene in either Israel/US or Iran's side in a war ! Hope that answers your question !

it is just like showing the middle finger to US and European Union:lol:

Hey buddy don't get carried away. We are not giving the finger to anyone. We are simple doing what is best for us. A large number of our refineries are designed to utilise Iranian crude and it is not easy to switch source without inuring huge expenses. Replacing Iranian crude with another one with different API gravity and sulphur content is not a workable solution. Moreover, with the concessions that Iran offers us, we can reduce the deficit and keep the fuel prices stable for our citizens. The GOI does not support the sanctions as they will only lead to increased suffering of the Iranian people. Our differences have been explained to the Americans. But that does not mean that the GOI supports an Iranian nuclear programme because we do not.

Would you condemn a unilateral military action by US or Israel?

to answer all your questions buddy our interests and reactions in Iran today can be compared to Iraq several years ago when they were invaded we did not condemn it nor support it

The attack may not be restricted to nuclear installations but might as well include Iranian ports and oil exporting facilities to cripple the economy. Would India be willing to rebuild?

Staying neutral is the best idea, getting involved in a war is the last thing India needs right now. The economy has started to pickup pace so no India would not side with either side.

As for condemning US or Israel, it will totally depend on the war scenario. It will all depend on India's interest, we have no quarrel with the countries, so staying out and maintaining a neutral stance would be in India's interest.

No.
Not even Russia and China will get involved in the war if USA joins in. And for that matter, neither will your country support Iran officially. Unofficially yes, some Pakistanis may join in, in support of Iran but no way the PA or the PAF will engage the US Army or USAF in battle. Israel is a friend of India. Israel also has excellent relations with both China and Russia. But the bottom line is that no one will engage the sole super power in an openly declared war. Covert operations of the Afghan mujahideen type are a different matter. Do you see Russian or Chinese Sukhois engaging American F-15s or F-18s over the persian Gulf? I don't.

to answer all your questions buddy our interests and reactions in Iran today can be compared to Iraq several years ago when they were invaded we did not condemn it nor support it

Iraq was a different story, US had popular world support.

The attack may not be restricted to nuclear installations but might as well include Iranian ports and oil exporting facilities to cripple the economy. Would India be willing to rebuild?

Depends on the extent of the war, if they really go to war then you can bet that the US naval fleet will totally try to blockade and cut the port so it will be hard for India to get the oil. I can say that at that moment India would most likely have to go for alternate sources because in case of war the Iranian will most likely have to support their own machinery first and, you can guess that US will most likely attack the oil rigs first to cripple the economy.

No.
Not even Russia and China will get involved in the war if USA joins in. And for that matter, neither will your country support Iran officially. Unofficially yes, some Pakistanis may join in, in support of Iran but no way the PA or the PAF will engage the US Army or USAF in battle. Israel is a friend of India. Israel also has excellent relations with both China and Russia. But the bottom line is that no one will engage the sole super power in an openly declared war. Covert operations of the Afghan mujahideen type are a different matter. Do you see Russian or Chinese Sukhois engaging American F-15s or F-18s over the persian Gulf? I don't.

China has invested heavily in Iran and Russia is a traditional ally and opposes any further US military actions in her backyard.
Expect both to veto UNSC if it comes that far.

Depends on the extent of the war, if they really go to war then you can bet that the US naval fleet will totally try to blockade and cut the port so it will be hard for India to get the oil. I can say that at that moment India would most likely have to go for alternate sources because in case of war the Iranian will most likely have to support their own machinery first and, you can guess that US will most likely attack the oil rigs first to cripple the economy.

Thank you for understanding my point. If oil supplies are blocked, it becomes a concern of national security for you as you can't just replace 400.000 pbd you inport from Iran.
Can you still afford to be neutral?

Back
Top Bottom