What's new

Understanding Sharia system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Jihad incorporated in Sharia laws?
I know the answer, but...wanna know from apologetics.....;)

There are two types of Jihad.
1) Jihad Al-Akbar and
2) Jihad Al Asghar

which one do you wanna know about ?

@sandy_3126, I think you altogether missed my post - At this point in time there's neither a momentum nor a building consensus on implementation of Sharia. Kindly reread the post in its entirety, many of your queries have their answers in it.

Islam gives equal rights to women, there's a whole chapter in Quran (Surah an-Nisa) that deals with women and their rights, you can read the translation online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Muslims are divided between a halal and haram and bound for their religion from cradle to grave. Rarely found in other religions.......

Everyone is bound to his/her religion, what's unique about it? A Christian is a Christian not a Jew or Muslim, same is the case with the followers of other religions.

Whats your point?

Basically Taliban or Saudi law. It works for some people.

@sandy_3126, mate will contribute later, short on time today. Happy holidays to everyone! :)

Is the enactment of Sharia system compulsory from the perspective of Islam for a Muslim majority country?

Eorl ⚔;3742950 said:
Is the enactment of Sharia system compulsory from the perspective of Islam for a Muslim majority country?
Currently we as Muslims don't have the moral and spiritual maturity to live under a shariah law

Currently we as Muslims don't have the moral and spiritual maturity to live under a shariah law

But what Islam said? Any authentic source whether Sharia System is mandatory according to Islam?

Significant changes in social norms, rights of citizens... Time frame for delivery of justice in the system... Key amalgamation of modern contemporary social norms in the sharia system if any... Advantages and disadvantages of sharia system... Constitutional equality for minorities .... transition process from existing system to sharia system... and implications on equality between sexes.

Well, rights of citizens: trust me, it's a vast area to cover.

Let me give a few points to you to research (I'm really short of time right now, holidays :P)

In a proper Islamic state, governed by Sharia'ah, there are absolutely NO taxes. Just the Zakat, now zakat is different as it's the amount calculated as a percentage figure of what a man has earned minus his expenses. Get it? Like excess amount, and it's really a small portion.

There are no utility bills, 'cause it's the responsibility of the state to provide basic necessities to its citizens.

Now you must be thinking how the State gets its money. Well, that's another issue. Zakat is one form. There are several others.

Talking about non-muslims, the State impose a tax on them, named Jizya, which makes them the citizens of the state, this is actually an agreement. If someone is poor or is not able to pay his tax, he's exempted. Don't confuse it, it's just like Zakat, with another name. Usually, the same percentage or amount is charged as Jizya as well. So no second class treatment for minorities here as some people base their propaganda on.

Key amalgamation of modern contemporary social norms in the sharia system:

Well, Sharia'ah keeps on evolving, there are some fundamental basics which are not to be changed, otherwise new laws can be added to the Sharia'ah. In sharia'ah, a law made by the state for betterment of its citizens has the same position as any other Islamic law.

Advantages and disadvantages of sharia system Well, I wont be able to answer that. It's again a new discussion. You are actually the one who needs to answer this after unbiased research.

Constitutional equality for minorities: I think i answered that already. You can ask more questions regarding this.

transition process from existing system to sharia system: Well, nothing much. Just implementation. Pakistan's constitution is already Islamic. A few amendments. And yes, IMPLEMENTATION. That's what's important. An honest approach.

implications on equality between sexes: It's again another discussion. lol .. you can ask anyway :P

Sorry, if I respond late, but I'll surely reply to you. Laterx!

Eorl ⚔;3742969 said:
But what Islam said? Any authentic source whether Sharia System is mandatory according to Islam?

The clue is in the sequence of "Nuzool-e-Quran".

Was alcohol banned on the first day? No...
First foundations were built and then the building and then the roof...
Living under shariah law is the "roof" .. wont work without strong foundations.

Eorl ⚔;3742969 said:

Shria Law is an Islam actually.

The clue is in the sequence of "Nuzool-e-Quran".

Was alcohol banned on the first day? No...
First foundations were built and then the building and then the roof...
Living under shariah law is the "roof" .. wont work without strong foundations.

Maulana Quddusi aj to cha gaye ho :yahoo:

Hello friends,

In a recent thread i came across a few views based on sharia. As PDF has members predominantly from the educated class of region, I would like to understand more about Sharia system, its popularity and it's implication on daily life of people if such system is incorporated in a country from the members who understand sharia and the set of rules associated with it.

Regards

Ok having taken couple of classes in Islamic Studies, I might help you.

Shari'a means "path to water". Islamic Shari'ah is one of the largest, most comprehensive , and one of the most influential law code of human history.

Currently, Islamic Shari'ah is a law-code that effects ~30% to 35% of total humanity directly...and its 'indirect' influence is all over the world.

Islamic Shari'ah has laws that can be applied to diet, economic affairs, criminality, family affairs, divorce, inheritance, military jurisprudence, sex-life, personal care , and you-name-it. So you see, how huge this field is. Now, it doesn't mean that everyone will get full taste of Shari'a law code (as it is the case with every other law code). I, for one, follows Islamic Shari'ah when it comes to diet, family affairs, sex-life, personal care etc..but I don't follow Islamic Shari'ah is economic affairs, criminality, and so on (since I live in the West). Any guy living in KSA or Iran or Pakistan will experience Islamic Shari'ah in criminality issues too etc.

Now, since it is so huge, it takes atleast 9 years for one to become an 'expert in Shari'ah Law'--I mean 'actual' experts who teach in Harvard School of Law, not the "fox news experts on Shariah"....:lol:

Harvard School of Law has whole course in "Islamic Shari'ah Law" , so believe me , it is not some ruthless barbaric thing as fox news would like you to believe. Else, why would an institute like that of Harvard would teach it? :rolleyes:

Now here is one video where one Muslim academic is explaining Shari'ah law. It is somewhat long, but it has a presentation of 45 mins or so , and then ALOT of questions from the British audience. Those questions are all that you also have (cutting hands, or women or whatever). Watch the video to get started with some basic understanding Islamic Shari'ah Law....

Hope it helps.

PS. I'm no expert..Just told you what I know by my limited knowledge....

Also, if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer it for you (if I could)...

Ok having taken couple of classes in Islamic Studies, I might help you.

Shari'a means "path to water". Islamic Shari'ah is one of the largest, most comprehensive , and one of the most influential law code of human history.

Currently, Islamic Shari'ah is a law-code that effects ~30% to 35% of total humanity directly...and its 'indirect' influence is all over the world.

Islamic Shari'ah has laws that can be applied to diet, economic affairs, criminality, family affairs, divorce, inheritance, military jurisprudence, sex-life, personal care , and you-name-it. So you see, how huge this field is. Now, it doesn't mean that everyone will get full taste of Shari'a law code (as it is the case with every other law code). I, for one, follows Islamic Shari'ah when it comes to diet, family affairs, sex-life, personal care etc..but I don't follow Islamic Shari'ah is economic affairs, criminality, and so on (since I live in the West). Any guy living in KSA or Iran or Pakistan will experience Islamic Shari'ah in criminality issues too etc.

Now, since it is so huge, it takes atleast 9 years for one to become an 'expert in Shari'ah Law'--I mean 'actual' experts who teach in Harvard School of Law, not the "fox news experts on Shariah"....:lol:

Harvard School of Law has whole course in "Islamic Shari'ah Law" , so believe me , it is not some ruthless barbaric thing as fox news would like you to believe. Else, why would an institute like that of Harvard would teach it? :rolleyes:

Now here is one video where one Muslim academic is explaining Shari'ah law. It is somewhat long, but it has a presentation of 45 mins or so , and then ALOT of questions from the British audience. Those questions are all that you also have (cutting hands, or women or whatever). Watch the video to get started with some basic understanding Islamic Shari'ah Law....

Hope it helps.

PS. I'm no expert..Just told you what I know by my limited knowledge....

Also, if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer it for you (if I could)...

^^^^ Pseudo Intellectual Hamza Andreas Tzortzis, a greek convert to Islam, seems to have earned a lot of followers in Pakistan from his visit to the country recently.

IDK but, Muslim Evangelists (Dawah), recently have been failing at doing what they have excelled in the past. Simply copying their christian counterparts. They had replicated Evangelical Industry Techiniques like Televangelism, giving away Free Bibles (Qurans), Red cross- Red crescent :rofl:.
But off-late they could not get any Muslim Apologists for Islam with credentials or calibre of their christian apologists. All they had was infamous Zakir Naik , medical doctor goes about referring to himself as "Dr.Zakir Naik" giving off impression that he has Ph.D in comparative religion. Ahmed Deedat and Shabir Ally with their Logical fallacies were nailed by their athiest and christian counter parts. And now, latest hired gun Mr. Humza, who doesn't even comprehend most of the concepts in Modern Philosophy. Humza was owned by many athiest activists on "Embryology in Quran" farce. there are atleast a half-dozen Youtubers out there who have shown this fraudster his rightful place.
http://http://www.youtube.com/user/StopSpamming1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom