What's new

UN 'failed Sri Lanka civilians', says internal probe

How, by not allowing Pakistani aircraft from refueling? That would have implied Sri Lanka was on Indian side.

Chemmani mass graves investigation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How can you say surely SL war couldn't have been won without India? Then did SLA lose so miserably in late 90s' is because of India?

Mate promises can be broken to suite the present needs.

So what do you suggest let minority control the majority? Trying doing that in India. Ask for Independence for Tamil Nadu. May be India will give it.

Don't shed tears for the other countries people. Shed tears for your own Tamilians which are denied privileges because of their cast. (your people can send back our people that are kept in detention camps through out TN.)

BTW you can do more than shedding tears. As an example your people can invest in Northern Sri Lanka. It will help both of the communities.

How can you decide whose gonna get paid and whose not? Are you a God or something?

My suggestion you can try SLG. It is more flexible than your TN politicos.

Nope. Sl was supposed to maintain neutrality. pakistani forces were conducting genocide against bagladeshis. So when ur immediate neighbour is in war, countries are expected to maintain neutrality, which u didnt. Maybe the hate for tamils were much more that time, that they supported pakistan.
Mass graves investigation is ok. But still we demand justice for 2009 war.
I didnt mean support in terms of weapons. India had even trained soldiers, pilots etc. But it is that moral support from India, that emboldened SL govt to enter into a war. for SL, the conscience of UN or west doesnt matter. The opinion of India mattered. And for the fact, Rajapakse had excellent relationship with MMS and congress.
For ur Minority question, in this case, no country can pass laws for welfare of minority. It will always be vetoed by majority. But the will of the government to help minority is the one that always mattered.
When (some) muslims can claim universal brotherhood, y cant we, say having them living a few km from India, with whom we had historical relationship . In technical terms , yes, they are SL citizens.
I am no GOD. But i can do my part in creating awareness. Thats what i can do.
Tamil Nadu is the most industrialised state in India and have a high level of HDI. In time, say 20 years, caste systems will be abolished.
No thanks. Already indian politics is worse. It will get more worse, if we try anything even new.

It's not a excuse, training and funding a terrorist group is not good image for a democratic country and India's democracy.
Pakistan is a legit government so one government can legally contact another government, it is not just like deal with a terrorist organization.

Sri Lanka's neutrality means not what you want to see in Indian eye.

I don't get it can you ask that question bit clearly again?

Did your congress come to battle field in SL? Even the India blocked when we are trying to have 3D radar system from Israel and direct us to Indian 2D radar system which wasn't capable of catching low flying planes.
As I said earlier 13th amendment isn't what Tamil got, it is our one of system. we have 9 provinces and 8 provincial councils are functioning at this moment. Eastern provincial council elections won by current president party few months ago too. Northern provincial council election is next year. but other small and large scale elections are already done, those are already functioning in all areas except 2 or 3 coz these areas aren't de-mined yet. de-mining will finish in Next March. These decisions take by the commissioner of elections in Sri Lanka, not by the SL government.

lol Sinhalese aren't voting for thinking ethnic base, I only know such 2 parties but they don't have much votes. We have 2 major parties, president Mahinda Rajapaksha represents UPFA (United National Freedom Alliance) This includes Tamil and moor representing parties too. Then we have opposition party, UNP (united National Party) under the leadership of Ranil Wickramasinghe. These are national parties it represent all ethnics in SL. Just take our 225 parliament members or go to our election website, you can see who representing these parties. more details are there.

mate you are Indian, you don't have no right to Sri Lankan issues. As a human if you want to shed tears, do it on behalf of all Sri Lankans who lost their lives! and ask from your Tamilnadu politicians and from your country why trained a terrorist group? This Tamil tigers killed dozens of moderate Tamil politicians including out former foreign minister Laxman Kadiragamar who was a Tamil. he had a big chance of becoming PM of Sri Lanka but Tamil tigers killed him. I can give a list of Tamil MPs got killed by Tamil Tigers if you want.

figure of 40000 is so fake, I'm living in here if such thing happened every family should have missed one! SL Army fought with a terrorist group not with civilians. if Army wanted to kill civilians why they want to keep 11,000 LTTE members at that time? It is funny isn't it.

When India is ur immediate neighbour, it doesnt make sense for SL to help Pakistan. I mean u guys should have maintained neutrality. SL is just a few km from India, and u can see the threat from pakistani planes or subs.
India trained tamils, for it felt, tamils were threatened and were targeted openly by politicians. India had no idea that LTTE would develop into such a big org.
As for 40000 fig, it was not given by us. It was given by UN and investigative agencies after its own investigation .
Even SL internal investigations are not revealed to public. It had stated 8000 people were killed in final state of war alone.
We had discussed in that thread about a year ago.

^^ dear Rajaraja Chola, India is tooooooooo much traditional. I don't think Indian casts system will go away sooner.
Even the sothern Indians aren't smiling that much, looks like most of them far away from fun life style etc

When India is ur immediate neighbour, it doesnt make sense for SL to help Pakistan. I mean u guys should have maintained neutrality. SL is just a few km from India, and u can see the threat from pakistani planes or subs.
India trained tamils, for it felt, tamils were threatened and were targeted openly by politicians. India had no idea that LTTE would develop into such a big org.
As for 40000 fig, it was not given by us. It was given by UN and investigative agencies after its own investigation .
Even SL internal investigations are not revealed to public. It had stated 8000 people were killed in final state of war alone.
We had discussed in that thread about a year ago.

8000 is total deaths including LTTE, except 6600 army soldiers!

^^ dear Rajaraja Chola, India is tooooooooo much traditional. I don't think Indian casts system will go away sooner.
Even the sothern Indians aren't smiling that much, looks like most of them far away from fun life style etc

It will. Caste fights were a weekly phenomenon during 80's. But now it occurs rarely. I am a native of a village. Some 10 years ago, even speaking about love marriage is like a taboo. Elders scolded me(was a kid then) for talkin about inter caste marriage. But now, in last 3-4 years lot of love inter caste marriage have taken place in my village and community. They have got to accept the change, no way.
Change will come, albeit slowly, as u say, we are a traditional country.

8000 is total deaths including LTTE, except 6600 army soldiers!

Final stages of war alone. Not accounting starting and intermediate war. they never stated army deaths. Its account of civilian deaths. Some 2-3000 deaths were considered natural. Others death are not known. That too its a SL internal report, that have not been made public.

It will. Caste fights were a weekly phenomenon during 80's. But now it occurs rarely. I am a native of a village. Some 10 years ago, even speaking about love marriage is like a taboo. Elders scolded me(was a kid then) for talkin about inter caste marriage. But now, in last 3-4 years lot of love inter caste marriage have taken place in my village and community. They have got to accept the change, no way.
Change will come, albeit slowly, as u say, we are a traditional country.

Final stages of war alone. Not accounting starting and intermediate war. they never stated army deaths. Its account of civilian deaths. Some 2-3000 deaths were considered natural. Others death are not known. That too its a SL internal report, that have not been made public.

Army conducted the operation by filtering the civilians, they declared a no-fire zones and moved civilians to those areas, so the rest who were fighting were Tigers only. In the final stage when the no-fire zone get smaller and smaller Tigers also were among them, thatz why some civilian deaths happened, blaming towards to SL army isn't correct. You can clearly see these things in UAV footage clips now Tigers not allowed civilians. Just think if 30000 thousand civilians got killed then where are the injured people???? at least there should 50000 injured people compare to number such as 30000 right? XD

Army conducted the operation by filtering the civilians, they declare a no-fire zones and move civilians to those areas, so the rest who were fighting were Tigers only. In the final stage when the no-fire zone get smaller and smaller Tigers also were among them, thatz why some civilian deaths happened, blaming towards to SL army isn't correct. You can clearly see these things in UAV footage clips now Tigers not allowed civilians. Just think if 30000 thousand civilians got killed then where are the injured people???? at least there should 50000 injured people compare to number such as 30000 right? XD

There was many instances, corroborated by UN, that SL had shelled many hospitals. A large population was trapped in a narrow piece of land. Thats why the world wanted to stop the war. But it never happened.
As for the knowing the exact number of deaths, SL should allow the UN or any other external agencies to do a probe in the war, to clear the confusion on exact number of deaths and circumstances regarding the final assault.

There was many instances, corroborated by UN, that SL had shelled many hospitals. A large population was trapped in a narrow piece of land. Thats why the world wanted to stop the war. But it never happened.
As for the knowing the exact number of deaths, SL should allow the UN or any other external agencies to do a probe in the war, to clear the confusion on exact number of deaths and circumstances regarding the final assault.

"hospitals", how many hospitals? Incident regarding hospital is just temporary used medical center, just one doctor. so what are the other hospitals mentioning?

GoSL given 3 times chances to surrender, even the last moment but tigers didn't accept. Then finally army entered to no-fire zone braking in to 2 and rescued thousands of civilians!

did India allow? do you have any idea about it?

"hospitals", how many hospitals? Incident regarding hospital is just temporary used medical center, just one doctor. so what are the other hospitals mentioning?

GoSL given 3 times chances to surrender, even the last moment but tigers didn't accept. Then finally army entered no-fire zone braking in to 2 and rescued thousands of civilians!

did India allow? do you have any idea about it?

Well India never had that accusation of genocide of some 40000 people. Keep in mind that 40000 figure was given by UN and not me.
Moreover India had accepted that Sikh genocide of 3000 sikhs happened in 1984.
And for 2002 riots already more than 200 people are behind bars. Acceptance of the facts by India, did not force international org for an independent probe. We accepted our mistakes dude.

Well India never had that accusation of genocide of some 40000 people. Keep in mind that 40000 figure was given by UN and not me.
Moreover India had accepted that Sikh genocide of 3000 sikhs happened in 1984.
And for 2002 riots already more than 200 people are behind bars. Acceptance of the facts by India, did not force international org for an independent probe. We accepted our mistakes dude.

Actually it wasn't an UN legal document, even that document didn't mention an exact number. they were mentioned it on that document too. Credibility of that document is questionable they didn't know the name of defence minister of SL, they mentioned our economic development minister's name as defence minister. lol

nope nope, what I have mentioned what Indian army (IKPF) did in Sri Lanka such incidents like this> Jaffna hospital massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually it wasn't an UN legal document, even that document didn't mention an exact number. they were mentioned it on that document too. Credibility of that document is questionable they didn't know the name of defence minister of SL, they mentioned our economic development minister's name as defence minister. lol

nope nope, what I have mentioned what Indian army (IKPF) did in Sri Lanka such incidents like this> Jaffna hospital massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yes the IKPF did some level of bad blood. That motivated Prabakaran to assasinate Rajiv.
However SL govt supplied arms to LTTE to fight indian forces then. If not, LTTE might have been defeated then, if not for double game by SL leadership.

yes the IKPF did some level of bad blood. That motivated Prabakaran to assasinate Rajiv.
However SL govt supplied arms to LTTE to fight indian forces then. If not, LTTE might have been defeated then, if not for double game by SL leadership.

nope, IKPF didn't want to end the LTTE, there were many issues regarding that between IKPF and SL army. As a result President at that time ordered to sent them back, there were rumors that LTTE also supported his decision.

nope, IKPF didn't want to end the LTTE, there were many issues regarding that between IKPF and SL army. As a result President at that time ordered to sent them back, there were rumors that LTTE also supported his decision.

No.IKPF wanted to end the military capacity of LTTE and wanted it to integrate into a political platform. But the SL president played a double game, supplied LTTE with weapons against IKPF.
But it seemed, RAW had trained LTTE very well.

No.IKPF wanted to end the military capacity of LTTE and wanted it to integrate into a political platform. But the SL president played a double game, supplied LTTE with weapons against IKPF.
But it seemed, RAW had trained LTTE very well.

There is an incident regarding supplying arms, it's not clear who send that army truck but blame has gone to at that President. LTTE killed that president by a suicide bomber later. (I have been in the same car few times that suicide bomber used..)

Nope. Sl was supposed to maintain neutrality. pakistani forces were conducting genocide against bagladeshis. So when ur immediate neighbour is in war, countries are expected to maintain neutrality, which u didnt. Maybe the hate for tamils were much more that time, that they supported pakistan.

Sri Lanka was non-align country in 70s. There fore it cannot refuse a call from a South Asian neighbor. Besides Bangladesh was not a country then. There fore it was a Pakistan's internal matter. How SL decide what is best for them?

I didnt mean support in terms of weapons. India had even trained soldiers, pilots etc. But it is that moral support from India, that emboldened SL govt to enter into a war. for SL, the conscience of UN or west doesnt matter. The opinion of India mattered. And for the fact, Rajapakse had excellent relationship with MMS and congress.

:woot: Moral support? Dude India didn't gave any moral support. The only thing they said was sort the matter out politically.

But China, Russia and Pakistan was willing to give anything to help Sri Lanka. There may have been some political gimmicks behind those decisions but those things help SL a lot in the military campaign. There we should not forget how Russia and China saved Sri Lanka by the veto power.

By stating Rajapaksha had excellent relationships with MMS and congress in implies Rajapaksha handled MMS and congress to suite his needs. Which in turn reflects the capabilities of this man. There fore he single handedly out maneuvered TN politicos.

When (some) muslims can claim universal brotherhood, y cant we, say having them living a few km from India, with whom we had historical relationship . In technical terms , yes, they are SL citizens.

Your people have historical relationship with Sinhalese too. So we are your blood brothers too. Why your people keep forgetting that?

Tamil Nadu is the most industrialised state in India and have a high level of HDI. In time, say 20 years, caste systems will be abolished.

:woot: By how? completely erasing your culture? Dude Don't spill BS here.

Back
Top Bottom