What's new

ULFA urges Dhaka to 'stop crackdown’

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, Taslima Nasrin has hurted our feeling probably more than ULFA can do with bullets. The book 'Lajja' was written in a way as if communal riots are like DAAL-BHAAT in BD and Hindu women are systematically raped. We do not want to hide facts, but her books deal will lies.

Gujrat kind of riots or Babari mosque types of things never happened in BD. But, when you read her book, you will think it is happening very often. In fact, her book flared communal tension among the population.

here also India Husain put the nude painting of Indian gods but in somewhat people are more tolerable and rule , if he written this book their must be something their.

here also India Husain put the nude painting of Indian gods but in somewhat people are more tolerable and rule , if he written this book their must be something their.

SaiBaba brings out ash from nowhere, Taslima also brings out some imagined Hindu-Muslim conflicts in her writings. But, while SaiBaba can throw the ash to dustbin or to a Vakta, Taslima's theme cannot be thrown away. It creates confusions only.

In order to make her novels famous, she also degraded her own family. She also degraded Calcutta witers by openly saying that some of them are for her dirty flesh.

SaiBaba brings out ash from nowhere, Taslima also brings out some imagined Hindu-Muslim conflicts in her writings. But, while SaiBaba can throw the ash to dustbin or to a Vakta, Taslima's theme cannot be thrown away. It creates confusions only.

In order to make her novels famous, she also degraded her own family. She also degraded Calcutta witers by openly saying that some of them are for her dirty flesh.

Taslima has mental problems. According to her, she was raped by her uncle or something like that when she was really young and also saw her uncle doing her mother. Hence the mental disturbance. She is not mentally stable and dilutes history by creating fictional facts of history in her books. i read most of her literary works and it is evident to her reader that she lacked the life of a proper young traditional women that is typically granted for a girl from the subcontinent and she in her meta-conscious mind, still aspires for the good things she did not get in life. The dire craving for a normal life comes in the form of hatred towards the traditional cultural and religious norms in her writing. It's like if I don't get it, nobody else should get it. It's kind of sad. She has not become mature yet to overcome that raw emotion.

More repackaged indian crap which has been answered and dubunked. If ULFA political leaders take refuge to escape from indian aggression and military repression then Bangladesh has moral obligation to save life. Same way india sheltering Dalai Lama. Byeond that Assamese sheltered our people and helped us during our independence and we should do the same.

No, thats packaged Bangladeshi crap. ULFA just does not use BD for its political leaders. They use and keep arms and ammo in BD, train their cadres in BD, run smuggling rackets from BD. All aimed to harm India.

So, they are not political leaders, but people carrying out subversive activities against India using Bangladeshi soil.

If in the light of the above information, BD still decides to accommodate them, knowing full well their only intent is to harm India, then it does not bode well for Indo-BD relations.

Do bear in mind, and India does reciprocate a lot of gestures, and BD helping Indian insurgents would lead to retaliation in one form or another. Its real-politik.

So the question arises-Is BD willing to harm itself by being antagonistic towards India or prosper mutually with India by having good relations.

Taslima has mental problems. According to her, she was raped by her uncle or something like that when she was really young and also saw her uncle doing her mother. Hence the mental disturbance. She is not mentally stable and dilutes history by creating fictional facts of history in her books. i read most of her literary works and it is evident to her reader that she lacked the life of a proper young traditional women that is typically granted for a girl from the subcontinent and she in her meta-conscious mind, still aspires for the good things she did not get in life. The dire craving for a normal life comes in the form of hatred towards the traditional cultural and religious norms in her writing. It's like if I don't get it, nobody else should get it. It's kind of sad. She has not become mature yet to overcome that raw emotion.

Hi Gromell,

I havent read any of her work. All that i know about her is what i have read in the media.

With due respect to BD citizen's feelings, can i ask one question?
From what i could make out .. she has written a NOVEL depecting plight of a hindu family in the aftermath of Babri demolition.

Why is her work considered a taboo in BD?
A)is it because she challanges the secularism of your country?
B)is it because it challanges the religious faces of your country?
C)is it because she defy's the traditional image... instead propogating liberal view on s3x?

I dont mean to flame here but wish to ask pointed question as i found it rather hard to belive that a author who is awarded ananda purashkar is now facing death threat simply because she has mental problem?

Thinking on Taslima's writing and visions is just hopeless waste of time. There are many thinks to discuss. Try those, cos she has no significance here, also irreverent.

As with indian tradition of deception and lie, you did not fall far from indian root.

I am an Indian roots and all. You my friend are prejudiced in making such a stupid statement. Try looking at the picture from my perspective. We are no different from you.

There is and was NO armed men or ULFA operation from inside Bangladesh. So equate political leaders of ULFA taking refuge from indian repression and military agression with completely unrelated scenario in another region is just sheer indian propaganda spin.

Indian rebel leaders were in Chittagong
Let me guess... these guys are all part of the Indian propaganda machine.

The statements here are just pompous bravado hiding behind it a massive inferiority complex. Do you seriously believe you could militarily attack India and get away with it?

Hi Gromell,

I havent read any of her work. All that i know about her is what i have read in the media.

With due respect to BD citizen's feelings, can i ask one question?
From what i could make out .. she has written a NOVEL depecting plight of a hindu family in the aftermath of Babri demolition.

Why is her work considered a taboo in BD?
A)is it because she challanges the secularism of your country?
B)is it because it challanges the religious faces of your country?
C)is it because she defy's the traditional image... instead propogating liberal view on s3x?

I dont mean to flame here but wish to ask pointed question as i found it rather hard to belive that a author who is awarded ananda purashkar is now facing death threat simply because she has mental problem?

When you write about a fact, you should stick to it as it becomes part of history and a point of reference. You can not mix facts with fiction. In some of her works, she twisted facts in a way to serve her fiction. This is a dishonest way of earning fame and money.

When you write about a fact, you should stick to it as it becomes part of history and a point of reference. You can not mix facts with fiction. In some of her works, she twisted facts in a way to serve her fiction. This is a dishonest way of earning fame and money.

So you think Bangladesh should turn a blind eye to ULFA's operations in its territory because India gave refuge to the Dalai lama and Taslima?

Do you agree with BD's crackdown on ULFA? if not, why?

Work of Hussain is completely unacceptable. but do not say that
people there are more tolerable than bangladesh. Did you not see
Babri mosque, Gujrat massacare ?

So you think Bangladesh should turn a blind eye to ULFA's operations in its territory because India gave refuge to the Dalai lama and Taslima?

Do you agree with BD's crackdown on ULFA? if not, why?

Dalai Lama is a Joker!! Taslima is a Slllut. No they can not be compared with ULFA.
The reason I support crack down on ULFA because they used our own teritorry to smuggle 10 trucks load of arms which could put BD in a harmed way. It almost inviting a war which has nothing to do with my citizen.
But I wont mind if somebody seeks refuge in Bangladesh and I think Bangladesh has a moral obligation to look into his/her case. Our system should not consider every anti indians are evil and Indian govt is just angel.

Work of Hussain is completely unacceptable. but do not say that
people there are more tolerable than bangladesh. Did you not see
Babri mosque, Gujrat massacare ?

:pop:

Babri mosque

Archaeological excavations by the Archaeological Survey of India in 1970, 1992 and 2003 in and around the disputed site have indicated a large Hindu complex existed on the site.

In 2003, by the order of an Indian Court, The Archaeology Society of India was asked to conduct a more indepth study and an excavation to ascertain the type of structure that was beneath the rubble. The summary of the ASI report indicated definite proof of a temple under the mosque. In the words of ASI researchers, they discovered "distinctive features associated with... temples of north India". The excavations yielded:

“stone and decorated bricks as well as mutilated sculpture of a divine couple and carved architectural features, including foliage patterns, amalaka, kapotapali, doorjamb with semi-circular shrine pilaster, broke octagonal shaft of black schist pillar, lotus motif, circular shrine having pranjala (watershute) in the north and 50 pillar bases in association with a huge structure"

2002 Gujarat Riots

On 27 February 2002 at Godhra City in the state of Gujarat, the Sabarmati Express train was forcibly stopped and attacked by about 500+ strong Muslim mob. As a result, 59 Hindu passengers — mostly women, children and seniors returning from the holy city of Ayodhya — were burned alive. The resulting riots and massacres killed 790 Muslims and an additional 254 Hindus. 223 people were reported missing and 2,548 sustained injuries. 523 places of worship were damaged: 298 dargahs, 205 mosques, 17 temples, and 3 churches. Muslim-owned businesses suffered the bulk of the damage. 61,000 Muslims and 10,000 Hindus fled their homes. Preventive arrests of 17,947 Hindus and 3,616 Muslims were made. In total 27,901 Hindus and 7,651 Muslims were arrested. Nearly 10,000 rounds of bullets were fired by the police, killing 93 Muslims and 77 Hindus.

lets move further:

http://www.answers.com/topic/demographics-of-india

As of the population census of 2001, India had 138,188,240 Muslims (13.4% of its population). This makes Islam the second-largest religion in India.

2001 Religious Data Composotion

Religious Composition Population (%) 10-Yr Growth % (est '91–'01)
Hindus 827,578,868 80.50% 20.3%
Muslims 138,188,240 13.4% 29.5%
Christians 24,080,016 2.3% 22.6%
Sikhs 19,215,730 1.9% 18.2%
Buddhists 7,955,207 0.8% 24.5%
Jains 4,225,053 0.4% 26.0%
Other Religions 6,639,626 0.6% 103.1%
Religion not stated 727,588 0.1%

As you can see that Islam is the second-largest religion in India with highest growth rate and Hinduism is the largest religion in India but second to last in growth rate. Just visit Uttar Pradesh (my native state) and you will feel as minority(if you are not Muslim).

Now, should we come back on topic instead of derailing this thread?

Last edited:
No, thats packaged Bangladeshi crap. ULFA just does not use BD for its political leaders. They use and keep arms and ammo in BD, train their cadres in BD, run smuggling rackets from BD. All aimed to harm India.

Other than indian cooked up drama show the proof???

I am an Indian roots and all. You my friend are prejudiced in making such a stupid statement. Try looking at the picture from my perspective. We are no different from you.

Indian rebel leaders were in Chittagong
Let me guess... these guys are all part of the Indian propaganda machine.

The statements here are just pompous bravado hiding behind it a massive inferiority complex. Do you seriously believe you could militarily attack India and get away with it?

My bad, you are a wanabe brits I suppose or an british vesion of ABCD. Big fre*** deal.

Are you suggesting indian will impose military action on Bangladesh on this??? India can ill afford such venture but for a trigger happy like yourself poor wild bore will be only consolation.

Last edited:
My bad, you are a wanabe brits I suppose or an british vesion of ABCD. Big fre*** deal.

If that was meant to be an insult, Sorry, I do not see the relevance to what I wrote and hence have no idea what you were trying to tell me.

Are you suggesting indian will impose military action on Bangladesh on this???

Yes. If you try and attack India militarily, I believe there will be a massive counter attack by the Indian forces. Don't you think so?

India can ill afford such venture but for a trigger happy like yourself poor wild bore will be only consolation.

I guess in your topsy turvy world, you are a pacifist while the rest of us are war mongers who also are very boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom