What's new

U.S. owes India apology over strip-search : CNN

And another best part of the article is there are more than 5000 comments and it is still flowing in...

Article 47 of the Vienna convention on consular relationship states clearly that the domestic staff working in consulates -
Richard didn't work in the consulate but in the consul's home. As such she was subject to U.S. laws.

I don't know about the Indian posters here. Do they have a brain? I mean can they reason like an average homo sapiens?

All I said was it was the woman in question was arrested for alleged crimes. They haven't been proven true or false or otherwise. But these Indian posters jumped on what I said like flies to a freshly dumped poo poo and countered the allegations were false.

How do you know they were false?

First, your first hand information were from newspaper clippings (internet news) and they have been reported as such. You don't have any real first hand information. You are not privy to this information (if you were you would not be here babbling).

So do yourself a favour. STFU.

Apologize to the lady for the ill treatment meted out to her that she did not deserve and get it over with. The US authorities messed it up on this one, it's strange that they are finding it difficult to do that because it's not the first time that the US would be apologizing - they apologized for the treatment they meted out to an Indian actor before.

No APOLOGY. PERIOD.

Let's beat the war-drums.........

Life or 29 - Beats me ! :undecided:

Dunno why but Death Before Dishonor comes to mind but I'm sure it probably has nothing to do with it ! :unsure:

He he, that's not what it is...only I know what it is and I'll leave you to guess. :)

He he, that's not what it is...only I know what it is and I'll leave you to guess. :)

Or does it mean that because you're 29 now...you should find yourself a good girl, marry her & settle down to a family life while the 'Life' portion of the signature is asking you to Party On - Booze, Women & Everything in between ? :unsure:

Or does it mean that because you're 29 now...you should find yourself a good girl, marry her & settle down to a family life while the 'Life' portion of the signature is asking you to Party On - Booze, Women & Everything in between ? :unsure:

I'm not close to 29 yet, :lol: ...I'll give you a hint...it doesn't necessarily mean life and a death scenario but it could be something that could end up with death and also couldn't.

You and I should take to the streets and start burning flags :usflag:

I am too busy pretending to work while actually being paid to browse online. :lol:

Let me make a list of the REALITY of sequence of events:

1. This woman has allegedly made false declaration on visa application - a crime
ALLEGED, NOT PROVEN, EVEN UNDER SUSPICION.
2. This same woman under paid her maid (well below minimum wage) - a crime
3. Ignoring police phone calls to turn herself.
NO PROOF.
4. Ignoring a summon to appear (to turn herself in)

If she had respected the law enforcement's requests, she would not be arrested and handcuffed in public. -
US ATTORNEY GENERAL LIED ABOUT IT AND MARSHALS SAID OTHERWISE.
ARRESTED WITHOUT ANY PROPER INVESTIGATION AND INDIAN CONSULATE WAS NOT INFORMED.

The privileged Indians are so used to being pampered, thumbing their noses at laws in their own country, she forgot she was in the US. Basically India is a lawless country if you are upper class.
TRAPPED BY US AG FOR HIS OWN AMBITIONS. US IS KNOWN FOR LOOKING DOWN UPON OTHER NATION'S CITIZENS.

The US, the country, is built upon law. The law enforcement is very strict. Even if you are a congressman or a senator, if you get caught drink and drive, you can't say to the police "do you know who I am?". You will be told to get the **** out of your car, put your fucking hands on the hood, patted down, handcuffed.
SHE IS NO ORDINARY CITIZEN, WORKS IN INDIAN FO. HAVE LIMITED IMMUNITY.

Doesn't matter you don't have to be prove anything to arrest someone here, after arrest comes detention for up to 24 hours meanwhile the DA decides whether or not the charges are worth taking to court, next comes arraignment and then a trial where everything has to be proved.

It should be noted that she was not arrested by NYPD but the Marshall services and the Marshalls almost never get involved unless they get the OK from the higher ups.

@Star Wars

Last edited:
If the US Marshals service went in for the arrest, then it means they had credible evidence. They are not your average Cops.

Case in case, let's see how this thing develops. I'd take the word of US Marshals office over any Indian-Desi claims. They do their job, they do it right.

India needs to calm down and establish the facts of the case first.

Back
Top Bottom