What's new

U.S. officials unveil videos of bin Laden

To be honest I was a bit sad when he died.. I never agreed to what his policy was but at least he had balls to stand against America(provided that his earlier videos were real)... I don't know him so can't say he was right or wrong..

Looks like after hearing so much of his name for 10 years he was like part of daily life.... and I am sad that he will not be in news anymore :cry:

:lol: Atleast you are honest bro.

Jokes aside, why are Pakistanis blaming the US. Your army, intelligence and government agreed that OBL was in Pakistan and was killed in the raid by US Navy Seals. For arguments sake, even if this was propaganda as some people are portraying it as, shouldn't you guys take it up with your authorities and not blame the US? I mean US government is answerable to Americans and Pakistan government to Pakistanis?

:lol: Atleast you are honest bro.

Jokes aside, why are Pakistanis blaming the US. Your army, intelligence and government agreed that OBL was in Pakistan and was killed in the raid by US Navy Seals. For arguments sake, even if this was propaganda as some people are portraying it as, shouldn't you guys take it up with your authorities and not blame the US? I mean US government is answerable to Americans and Pakistan government to Pakistanis?

One minute please.... Who told you that we are saying nothing to our own authorities ?? we are saying condemning everyone who's part of the game... blaming US the most coz they started all this .. they crossed the border without letting us know... what if OBL was in India and US had done the same to you ?? what would have your response then ??

One minute please.... Who told you that we are saying nothing to our own authorities ?? we are saying condemning everyone who's part of the game... blaming US the most coz they started all this .. they crossed the border without letting us know...

Sure some people are probably complaining to Pakistani authorities, but the priority seems out of order. From what I can see on this forum, everyone is busy trying to prove that OBL killing was staged, propaganda and conspiracy theories are rife. Then we have people going on about, the preposterous idea of America managing to sneak into Pakistan without Pakistani military finding about it. Hardly anyone seem to be questioning their authority as to just how did OBL managed to sneak into Pakistan and live in Abottabad with his family without the authorities having any clue about it. Don't you think these questions and concerns should be the other way round?

what if OBL was in India and US had done the same to you ?? what would have your response then ??

As I said, I would be questioning my authorities about OBL's presence in India and give kudos to the US if anything.

Pakistanis should ask their government two questions:
1. How did OBL manage to find shelter in Pakistan?
2. How could the americans carry out such a complicated and daring mission without the permission or knowledge of the Pakistani government?

Pakistanis should ask their government two questions:
1. How did OBL manage to find shelter in Pakistan?
2. How could the americans carry out such a complicated and daring mission without the permission or knowledge of the Pakistani government?

there is something which happened between these governments and the armies which we dont know.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that Pakistanis are too skeptical, but others are too eager to believe.

Forget for one moment that this man was the most wanted terrorist. If this was any other man, would you believe the ever-changing story that has come out? Yeah, er, we killed a guy and dumped his body. No photos, no video, no body, no nothing. Just some second-hand statements by various government officials. But trust us when we tell you that our government accomplished what the previous one could not, what had been bugging us for ten years -- and all this in an election year when all other news (economy, Afghanistan) is looking pretty bad.

What fortunate timing! Indeed!

Wts the purpose of these Videos.

Show the videos of Operation and OBL body. ???

For the last five days the world's media have laid siege to the house where Osama bin Laden was shot dead.

Today, Saturday, it is a very different story. All roads leading to the compound have been cordoned off, the Pakistani army has taken over security, and rumours are rife about the compound's future.

The first, and most prevalent one, is that the house is about to be torn down. The reasons are perhaps obvious: Osamaland is turning into a tourist attraction, with families visiting and news crews taking up every available space possible.

But, perhaps, there is another reason. The physical building has begun to be a source of embarrassment.

Its image has been flashed globally across the planet - a reminder that foreign forces entered Pakistani territory, mounted an operation and flew back out with impunity.

Others wonder out loud if the Americans have arrived to sweep the property.
What else is hidden?

During the operation, some sources suggest, hundreds of documents and hard drives were found. With a bit of time who knows what else may be hidden in Osamaland.

Whatever the reason, you cannot get anywhere near the house. My team and I tried at several different access points and each time we were turned away.

At one stage, far from the compound, we began to film at a mosque. The police tried to move us back and when we refused, the army moved in.

Things became tense as one officer switched off our camera.

The army are under strict orders to not let us film. Yet as they do this, I myself must have spoken close to 70 people over the last three days - no one believes that bin Laden really died here.

That theory lives on in many different shapes and forms.

After hearing it from so many people I needed a break.

Under the shade of a tree I sat with a group of students in the grounds of the regions finest medical teaching facility. One of them said something that will stick with me.

"We have so much here in Abbottabad: the best schools, a great climate, the finest army college, it has always been peaceful, no bombings here. Despite that it will now forever be known as the town where Osama bin Laden lived and died. That breaks my heart."

It almost sums up modern-day Pakistan. Its citizens see it as one thing; the rest of the world, quite another

I don't get this, why are Pakistani's so skeptical about OBL's death? Are you guys sad that OBL is dead?

Its to much pride. They don't want to believe it.

For all the people saying I am in denial mode.... Ha, I am the last person that is in "denial mode" here:lol:.

Back
Top Bottom