What's new

U.S. doesn't expect Pakistan to reopen Afghan war supply routes soon

Congrats for inventing the concept of dictatorship through democracy.

In your definition of dictatorship all military generals are dictators and all war lords are democrats!!!!!!!

:sick:

To be fair though, you have to admit they are making progress in that department. There was supposed to be a coup just recently, I think earlier this year or late last year, can't recall the exact details now. Perhaps a Pakistani poster can help. The rough details I know is, everyone was expecting it to happen, but somehow the coup didn't happen and the civilian government stayed in power. The idea didn't sit well with everyone this time.

:offtopic:

Question is , does USA want restoration of supplyline?

No they don't. They will pull out soon

Didn't USA and Afghanistan just sign an agreement allowing for a US military presence till at least 2024?

actaully pakistan wants to open its routes thats why it silently gave a signal towards drones resumption after 2 months and said yes to routes but atleast for an apology otherwise their will be severe consequences for the party.
PPPP(and PML N) wants the resumption of routes otherwise it wouldn't have been asking for an apology.
problem is if obama does apologies it would mean

1.war isnt over yet
2. pakistan is a good state

this would kill obama made public perception that the culprit is Pakistan and war is nearly over. it would kill obama chances of reelection

Then again, blockade of NATO routes always had popular support since the drone strikes paced up from, i believe, late 2008. Why didn't they block the route in these 4 years?

Pakistan has no "democratic" government. It is a dictatorship run by a parliament that would better be called fish-market, as in many developing countries.

Only reason why supply was blocked is due to patriotic elements in the armed forces who pressurized the so-called civilian govt into doing so.

because although public is against drones attacks its based upon sovereignty of nation. The public is confused whether these drones attacks are good for us or bad (good in sense they just killing strong militant leaders)?..its this confusion why public hasnt taken strong hold against drones. but since the army men were killed, doubt is mostly over..army still has a strong influence over public sentiment just like most countries.

Yes they do, but after obl death, they don't need much resources. ANA will provide supply.

Whatever the supply requirements into the future, it is obvious that routes through Pakistan are not regarded as crucial any longer.

Good point, but only if the delay of five months does not cause further damage to Pakistan elsewhere. After all, cutting off one's nose to spite one's face is never smart, is it?

I think American regime is the expert at that. It would help if American people could overthrow the burden of AIPAC and do what is in American peoples interest

Whatever the supply requirements into the future, it is obvious that routes through Pakistan are not regarded as crucial any longer.

That sounds very much like sour grapes to me.

The phrase sour grapes is an expression originating from "The Fox and the Grapes," one of Aesop's Fables. It refers to pretending not to care for something one does not or cannot have.

(Today, the term is often used to refer to someone being a "sore loser". As comedian George Carlin noted, however, it only means "rationalization of failure to attain a desired end. ... It doesn't deal with jealousy or sore losing."[1])

Sour grapes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

btw Cheng have you learned like the American regime that supply routes wont open soon or are you still waiting for the fat American lady to sing

That trump card has been played, and has been factored into policy. What has the blockade achieved so far? Stopped drones? Hampered the war effort? Given Pakistan a seat on the post-war Afghan table? Anything else?

The blockade has been used in Pakistani domestic politics primarily in the infighting between the military and civil leaders, but has not achieved much outside its borders.

How about the other way? "Pakistan 's stubborn attitude towards USA is surprising."

We can discuss both.
Looks like that some group in USA might be giving under the table $$$ to Pakistan's corrupt elite to act stubborn to the US on the outside...??? otherwise they don't have b@llz to be so stubborn.....:azn:

That trump card has been played, and has been factored into policy. What has the blockade achieved so far? Stopped drones? Hampered the war effort? Given Pakistan a seat on the post-war Afghan table? Anything else?

The blockade has been used in Pakistani domestic politics primarily in the infighting between the military and civil leaders, but has not achieved much outside its borders.
We get anybenefit from the blockade or not but we realli love it so much......Alhamdolillah........:)

I am of the opinion that rightly or wrongly for better or worse nothing happens in Pakistan without military establishment approval. Americans wanted democracy Kayani gave them democratic verdict on routes.

I believe that some drone strikes are being allowed by our govt and army complicity with Americans. If they said no America would stop. If supply routes can be stopped so can drone attacks. It just needs backbone.

post war afghan table -even Afghanis have no voice there. You can not accept a quisling govt in Kabul to represent Afghanis. They represent Americans

Its also taught Americans and people like you that the routes will remain closed for longer than 30 days

Its also taught Americans and people like you that the routes will remain closed for longer than 30 days

But what has the closure actually done other than sink Pakistan a little deeper into the swamp? I said thirty days because I thought there was a limit to Pakistani stupidity. Apparently I was wrong!

But what has the closure actually done other than sink Pakistan a little deeper into the swamp? I said thirty days because I thought there was a limit to Pakistani stupidity. Apparently I was wrong!
By God I luv that stupidity....For stupid pplz U gotta be stupid sometimes.......Alhamdolillah!.........:)

I have told you go and read the earlier posts again

I have told you go and read the earlier posts again

I have. The futility of the blockade in achieving anything useful for Pakistan internationally still remains the conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom