What's new

Turkey VS Asad: Should Ankara take the leap?

Should Turkey participate in a military operation to free Syria off Asad?

• Total voters
Motivation, fighting, psychologically... Is very bad. The Turkish army will shrink next year.
And how did you come to that conclusion?
Because of the inprisoned generals or other reasons?

I don't see Turkey doing anything like that in the near future. 3 years since this civil war erupted, while 2.5 years have passed since Erdogan has been babbling about how Assad's end is near. It's not near, it will eventually happen but it's not near. The fact is that even when Turkish pilots were killed by Syrians, a war was not declared by the Turkish government.

Talk is cheap and the Syrians keep dying. I'm not saying Turkey should use military force but Erdogan should at least stop pretending to be all powerful when even Assad makes fun of him and his rhetoric.

Point is that PM Erdogan is a weak leader who talks a lot but Turkey should not intervene unless their own security is at risk.

For anyone wondering: 120000 is the current death toll in Syria.

^
LoL says a Israeli who survives on US aid..

Your tech is only developed because of US, while Turkey is doing everything on its own and still outperforms Jewish technology.

Our UAV's will be much better than your Herron.

^

Your tech is only developed because of US, while Turkey is doing everything on its own and still outperforms Jewish technology.

Haha, you are funny. I have to give you that. But be nicer to the guys who have 'modernized' your F-4 fleet.

^

[Lan Armut Atar ,Irkcilik yapma ,daha normal ve kendi Seviyeni düsürmeden cevap verebilirsin.]

It´s Israeli technology.

@PteX

Please stop your Provocation !!!

Your intention is very clear !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
He's not saying anything that provocative in my eyes, just the facts. Erdogan is barking a lot more than he is biting.

I don't see Turkey doing anything like that in the near future. 3 years since this civil war erupted, while 2.5 years have passed since Erdogan has been babbling about how Assad's end is near. It's not near, it will eventually happen but it's not near. The fact is that even when Turkish pilots were killed by Syrians, a war was not declared by the Turkish government.

Talk is cheap and the Syrians keep dying. I'm not saying Turkey should use military force but Erdogan should at least stop pretending to be all powerful when even Assad makes fun of him and his rhetoric.

Point is that PM Erdogan is a weak leader who talks a lot but Turkey should not intervene unless their own security is at risk.

For anyone wondering: 120000 is the current death toll in Syria.

You should read post 22.

[Lan Armut Atar ,Irkcilik yapma ,daha normal ve kendi Seviyeni düsürmeden cevap verebilirsin.]

It´s Israeli technology.

@PteX

Please stop your Provocation !!!

Your intention is very clear !!!

Pardon, bazi zaman kendimi kayip ediyorum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on our Afghan experience during Cold War - I would strongly assert that Turkiye - a country with an otherwise very bright and pragmatic foreign policy - is not acting in its best interests by embroiling itself in Syria.

The real question isnt "should Ankara get involved"

Turkiye is already knee-deep in. So we should be asking about "ways forward"

I would strongly suggest that Turkiye opt to provide humanitarian support (which they have been doing on their own expense); the rebels however aren't a unified front -- each group has its own objective. It's similar to Afghanistan once the degenerate communist bastards withdrew. They will fight eachother

the political fallout, the militarization of society and the refugee issue will haunt Turkiye, unfortunately. If not "haunt" then it will at least be a 'challenge' which Turkiye will have to contend with.

Luckily for the Turks -- The Syrians aren't Afghans....at least not yet.

Yes we have Baloch in Pakistan and if any of them make problems for Iran, we hand them over to Iran or provide intelligence about their Whereabouts. Our intelligence helped you capture "JUNDALLAH" terrorist, in case you forgot. Some even claim he was handed over to Iran by Pakistan.

You on the other hand stab us in the back with cooperation with India against our interests.

Sorry , I didn't mean to stab you in the back , i'm just here to make friends

There have been border incidents with Iran but we value our friendship with them and in fact ISI helped Iranian intel capture not 1 but both Riggi brothers; they were the terrorists of the jundollah. These types of groups are criminals who claim to be freedom fighters. They are narcotics and diesel smugglers.

Iran was the first country to recognize Pakistan. We should remember that. It's other neighbour countries who are proving to be real irritants but a friendly Iran in our southwest and friendly China to northeast is favorable and should flourish

I think turkey will eventually take the leap cause they might be asked to do so to prevent Israeli intervention.

Back
Top Bottom