What's new

Turkey has ordered 1 F-35A and 1 F-35C

cabatli_53

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
423667_10151183325954040_356021738_n.jpg

Is F35C capable of landing on a LHD? It seems F35B is. I have seen the future American class LHD design with F35B. I think it is vital to have the capability of short takeoff and vertical landing to operate on a LHD as there is very limited runway.

In my opinion the F35C is selected to replace F4 2020 fleet with longer combat radius.

F-35_A_B_C_Config.png

@Ir. Tab
USMC LHDs be it Wasp or America class are largest LHDs around the world but even they don't have catapult or arresting gear. That's why they've bought harriers. Even though we have no aircraft carriers F35C can be considered because of some certain advantages of larger airframe and the M61 Vulcan but they can't take off from an LHD.

Actually I don't give a crap if they could because we don't need to station fixed-wing aircraft(of any sort) on LHDs it's just stupid if you ask me. How many planes a juan carlos class can hold along with rotary-wings? 5? 6? It's just plain moronic.

To even consider buying a new type of plane to station on an amphibious assault ship.

@Ir. Tab
USMC LHDs be it Wasp or America class are largest LHDs around the world but even they don't have catapult or arresting gear. That's why they've bought harriers. Even though we have no aircraft carriers F35C can be considered because of some certain advantages of larger airframe and the M61 Vulcan but they can't take off from an LHD.

Actually I don't give a crap if they could because we don't need to station fixed-wing aircraft(of any sort) on LHDs it's just stupid if you ask me. How many planes a juan carlos class can hold along with rotary-wings? 5? 6? It's just plain moronic.

To even consider buying a new type of plane to station on an amphibious assault ship.

Turkey will consider a design which will be deploy 6-8 rotary wing based on sizes, 4 CH-47 Chinok, 12 F-35B...

Turkey will consider a design which is able to deploy 6-8 rotary wing based on sizes, 4 CH-47 Chinok, 12 F-35B...
12... about a single squadron. I think it's a lousy compromise. I would station some more T129s instead. MUCH cheaper, makes much more sense. If we consider extra parts that we need for F35B, it's maintenance costs and hours. It's a very dumb idea to order the STOVL model. If Turkish Air Force needs a wider range, we should order CFTs for F16 CCIPs first.

12... about a single squadron. I think it's a lousy compromise. I would station some more T129s instead. MUCH cheaper, makes much more sense. If we consider extra parts that we need for F35B, it's maintenance costs and hours. It's a very dumb idea to order the STOVL model. If Turkish Air Force needs a wider range, we should order CFTs for F16 CCIPs first.

Personally, I will never replace the option of a 5th generation marine strike fighter with additional tactical attack helis. The combat radios of the former is about 1000km. The latter should fly within the 200 km radios of the LHD. At least not bad to have this option for the future.

New T-129 Attack helicopter on an LPD would make sence for Turkish navy rather than jumping onto F-35B VTOL without any real use in the med. If I was the Cheif of Staff of TSK then I would prefer F-35C fighter. The Royal navy wanted F-35B but realized it's flaws..

New T-129 Attack helicopter on an LPD would make sence for Turkish navy rather than jumping onto F-35B VTOL without any real use in the med. If I was the Cheif of Staff of TSK then I would prefer F-35C fighter. The Royal navy wanted F-35B but realized it's flaws..
Sorry, but the UK has switched back to the B version.

Nothing difficult to deploy some attack helicopters on LHD. It is the LHD's primery missions already. If Turkish Navy demands, It can easily be deployed but Atak can't rule out F-35's regarding mission profile, effectiveness, range...etc Both can serve on same platform I think...

Eurocopter Tiger on Juan Carlos

spanish-navy.jpg

Let's put some T129s, some seahawks, a couple of chinooks, and a few F35Bs.. Do you realize how childish this is? Juan Carlos isn't THAT big. The fact that her flight deck is big enough to carry these airframes it doesn't mean she's able to logistically support all these different types of aircraft. We should stick with rotary-wings.

Actually I think there will be two seahawks at most, the rest would be blackhawks from land forces command' inventory
Personally, I will never replace the option of a 5th generation marine strike fighter with additional tactical attack helis. The combat radios of the former is about 1000km. The latter should fly within the 200 km radios of the LHD.
Why we even produce T129s? just buy some more F35s, after all, it's so much better :lol: longer range, good point
Why? Please expand.
She's is a military expert, actually we're all taking lessons from Killuminati leave her alone

Back
Top Bottom